Hardfought game servers almost up

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

Hardfought game servers almost up

Postby K2 » Jul 6th, 2004 at 8:53 am

Guess I should post in the appropriate forum this time eh? ;)

Not one, but *two* servers are in the process of being configured and setup as I type. If ya havent been following along, the host will be The Planet/ServerMatrix once again. They are offering the same hardware package as before that I used with the Halo server, but the monthly cost is now a bit less and the available bandwidth is *huge*.

This time around I have help in the upkeep and servicing of these servers. EML, spudboy, Widowmaker and Sack are all helping to contribute to the monthly cost and upkeep of these servers. This makes them not just server admins, but part owners/partners. They'll each have a direct say in what goes on these servers and how they are maintained, moreso than other admins from past days have had.

We'll still need in-game admins however, and all of the priviledges that go with that will be included. You regs know the score ;) Donations are also welcome if you feel like helpin' out in that regard still.

OK... two boxes. So what does this mean exactly? It means that we can run a shitload of different game titles all at once under the HF banner. We already have some in mind, such as HL2/CS2 and Doom3 just to name a few, those two will be out soon.

Are there any game titles you wanna see hosted? Let us know here. Will your suggestion be implemented? Maybe, maybe not, but unless ya say something, it may not be considered if no one else thinks of it. So voice what you'd like to see and play here.

More details to follow as the servers go live and we start getting some titles uploaded and ready to go.

Discuss :P

DocNsane

Postby DocNsane » Jul 6th, 2004 at 2:07 pm

Call of Duty, Heat of Battle Mod
Maybe some Desert Combat
Soldat
Quake 3 for fun.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jul 6th, 2004 at 2:21 pm

What is Soldat? :?

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jul 6th, 2004 at 3:30 pm

k2, sign me back up as an admin :)

-PUPPY

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jul 6th, 2004 at 4:39 pm

PUPPY wrote:k2, sign me back up as an admin :)

-PUPPY

OK... now all we need is a game you'll actually come in and play for more than 10 min ;) Pick one fucker.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jul 6th, 2004 at 6:26 pm

I vote for ut2k4. Im gonna get flamed for saying this, but some 1.6 cs would be nice too. If you wanna sign me up for cs and ut2k4 admin im gaming about 2 hours a day :) Anygame you guys host ill be playing. Im up for anything. I got a job now, so ill be shootin some cash your way

MeMGhost

Postby MeMGhost » Jul 7th, 2004 at 12:45 am

Host The Suffering!!! Wait thats single player only ;) That game kicks ass but not to hijack this thread I have been playing everything from BFV to SWG (what a mistake that was)

I'm really looking foward to CS2 of course, Doom 3 looks great but like Mav said in another post from what I have seen the MP might not make it on the average rig. I still play 2-4 hrs a day usually seem to read forums about 1 hr or so also heh.

On a side note, can't wait for another HF box to come up :) Halo I had on Xbox and played a pirated copy on PC but I didn't see a good MP aspect from it so never got into it, hopefully some of the new games will bring the whole crew together again :)

MeM

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jul 7th, 2004 at 9:21 am

Hiya MeM ;) You need to come back for sure, along with Arc and Camyen/Miklen, bullet and rally and the rest. I cant remember all the names off the top of my head.

Thinkin it may be mass email time ;)

MeMGhost

Postby MeMGhost » Jul 7th, 2004 at 10:19 pm

I've never actually left I read the forums daily I'm just more of the quiet type as far as forums go. When I post it usually has meaning ;)

I followed Mav around for awhile like a lost puppy in games I would love to see the whole gang in a HF server again :) The best time I ever had gaming was at HF.

MeM

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jul 7th, 2004 at 10:35 pm

Sup Mem, good too see you are still around.

Any of you former DAoC players should give Trials of Atlantis (retail xpack) & New Frontiers a spin (the free RvR expansion). Mythic is giving all former players who joined prior to March. 31st, 2004. A free 2 week tryout.

Here's the link: http://www.comebacktocamelot.com/

A few of us from HF still are playing but in different guilds. Me, Widow, Shini, Nad, Sage and Glim are all currently playing.

And for any who would remember this, the other day in the level 20-24 Battlegrounds, I saw a shaman bot named Thjenditoo, lol. :shock:
Dunno if it was the original Thjendi/Hulio, but I didn't ask, assumed it was an ebayed account or something. But it was a blast from the past.

Btw, as for game suggestions: HL2 & mods, BF1942 & mods (like Desert Combat), that's all I can think of for now.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Return to “Game Server”