IRC-to-CSS-to-IRC relay

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

IRC-to-CSS-to-IRC relay

Postby K2 » Jul 30th, 2007 at 3:48 am

Damn I love sourcemod... check this shit out. Just installed an IRC relay plugin that allows players to send msgs to ppl in the hardfought IRC channel from in-game, and ppl in the IRC channel can respond back to that player, either in public where everyone sees the reply, or in private. Plus IRC ops in the channel have other powers, such as kick and ban. Anyone can get server info, player listing, etc.

From IRC - type !commands to get a full listing of the commands you're allowed to use. Depending on your channel status (opped, voiced, etc) determines what commands you can use. There's a trigger (trigger is @HF) that goes along with the command to make it work. Example: !players @HF will show you all the players in the server. Using !msg @HF hi there! sends a msg to everyone on the server.

From CSS - while in chat, start your msg with /irc. That's all there is to it. You'll get notification that your msg was sent. It will be sent to everyone within the hardfought irc channel.

You'll see HF-CSSbot in the irc channel, that's the relay/plugin.

We coulda used this 2-3 yrs ago when all the servers were busy as fuck yeah? An op can administer the server from IRC without having to go in once. All a player has to do is send out a msg about a problem child, and hope that an op is monitoring. Of course, the source would have to be reliable... but damn this is cool ;)

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Jul 30th, 2007 at 4:45 am

That's actually pretty cool.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jul 30th, 2007 at 6:09 am

This is friggin nice. :idea:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Jul 30th, 2007 at 5:33 pm

so no mo
@ omgz haxor?

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Aug 8th, 2007 at 5:55 pm

Didn't bunnybot used to do that?

>'.'<
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:47 am

Cool, now we have to figure out how to populate a server. I figured i'll just keep using glock... :)
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 2nd, 2007 at 9:12 pm

1. #hardfought was unregistered, and has withered away to a few diehard idlers. I have restored the channel, but we still need more people back in there.
  2. As those of us who made HF CS:S what it was in the past will attest, it just takes lots of patience to get the server going. Sage above all deserves mad props for all his time spent building the servers up into their prime in days gone by.

A second best is sitting idle in the server as spectator if you don't have time to mess around in-game.

That said, it might also help if we scheduled some time every week that we get people on to play. My schedule is pretty open every evening, and now that I am without ball and chain, I can play on weekends as well.

-Grant.

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Oct 2nd, 2007 at 9:25 pm

Grant, are you going to be playing TF2 at all?

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 2nd, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Yes.

-G.

Return to “Game Server”