hlstatsx

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

hlstatsx

Postby K2 » Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:58 pm

Well, I finally got this sonofabitch to work right.

You can now view your stats, in-game in an AMX-like menu screen, and there's ZERO spam to anyone else on the server. It will show overall stats (which ties in to the web display) and it will also show current session data. You can also view the top5 or top10.

Commands - in normal chat, just type 'rank' or 'session' or 'kpd' to see your stats. Mani blanks out these say cmds, so no one will ever see you typing them. ZERO spam. You can also type 'top5, 'top10' and 'next' to see other display windows.

Online web stats - http://www.hardfought.org/hlsx/hlstats.php - I had it import the very first day since the server came back only (3/24/2006) and it will also update in real-time constantly as you play on the server. We're gonna test this for a month, so when I get back from my training deployment (end of May), I'll make changes as necessary.

Psychostats is still active, fyi.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

very nice, zero spam ftw

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:40 pm

A note about accessing hlstatsx in-game - the perl daemon isnt perfect. It has a tendency to drop its connection with the mysql dbase it's assigned to. However, it sends data continuously to the dbase, and it auto-reconnects within a second. That means while your overall stats should be preserved (unless you happen to get a frag right at the moment it loses its connection), your stats for your current session on the server can get reset to 0 when/if that happens.

Also, seeing the in-game menu may not pop up right away (see above paragraph).

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Apr 17th, 2006 at 9:41 pm

Good stuff.
I really need to change this sig

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Apr 17th, 2006 at 10:05 pm

well done
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 18th, 2006 at 2:35 am

Thx ;) I am glad I got this fucker to work.

For those of ya that havent seen this in action yet, this is what ya see when you type 'rank' or 'session' in normal chat:

The session data updates every round, and will continue to do so until you disconnect, or until the perl module disconnects/reconnects. The total stats data is pulled directly from the mysql dbase that the webstats uses.

This is what ya see when you type 'top5' or 'top10' in chat:

For some reason, it shows the top 12 regardless. Oh well.

I am starting to lean a lot more towards hlstatsx now instead of psychostats, and not just for the in-game stats functionality. There are some admin cmds that make it much easier to do monthly resets (which I plan to do June 1st), and it will also track and log chat and admin commands, just to name a few.

All I gotta do now is make it match the look n feel of the site, and I think we'd be all set.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 18th, 2006 at 4:48 am

Indeed this is the stats engine I liked on another pub. Thanks!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 18th, 2006 at 5:27 am

The only problem I am having at the moment, is that the perl module likes to reset itself every 2-3 min or so. Fucking annoying when you are trying to see how you're doing during your current game session. I posted about it on the hlstatsx web forum, we'll see what they say.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Apr 18th, 2006 at 9:14 am

fyi... it's probably showing 12 because 2 are tied... but it really only should show 11 then... go figure. :) It's very nice BTW.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 18th, 2006 at 11:58 am

The Daily Awards aren't working. Those were one of the best things about stats on BfB. Also, there needs to be a link to hlstatsx in the nav frame as well. :D

-Grant.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 18th, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Well, apparently the hlstatsx guru's are saying that the perl module/webserver are supposed to run on the same machine as the game process. The perl module does already, but it's supposed to link directly (localhost) with the mysql dbase. Everyone that's replied to my thread so far is actually suprised that I am getting stats at all, hah ;)

I got a couple ideas, will play around with em hopefully before i leave Thursday.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Apr 18th, 2006 at 4:42 pm

keith .. are you running everything off a windows box/IIS?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 18th, 2006 at 4:52 pm

As everything stands right now, the game server runs offa w2k3. The webserver runs offa linux/apache.

Return to “Game Server”