Page 1 of 2

de_dust2/cs_office anyone?

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 12:52 am
by K2
OMG take a look - http://www.hardfought.org/ps/maplist.php

Damn folks... should we just take out all the other maps and just rotate these two? rofl...

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 12:57 am
by LeoPawnz
fy_snow kthxbai.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:34 am
by SinneD
nobody ever stays to play any other map :(

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:40 am
by Deleted User
SinneD wrote:nobody ever stays to play any other map :(


qft

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:44 am
by Deleted User
Something really needs to be done about that, too.
I know other maps can be popular. I see lots of servers than run the full map list, including contra, mill, fire, and they are almost always full. So why don't the newcomers stay for those maps here?

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:45 am
by Deleted User
i say we bring back the old fun maps, like de_arena and breakfloor!

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 3:53 am
by K2
Benedict wrote:Something really needs to be done about that, too.
I know other maps can be popular. I see lots of servers than run the full map list, including contra, mill, fire, and they are almost always full. So why don't the newcomers stay for those maps here?


Probably because when ya get ppl like sinned, the Hf crew, b4nshee, and a few other skilled players on the server raping most everyone else, the nubs tend to leave. I've seen it happen several times.

Also, we're FF on. Most of these 'full all the time' servers are FF off.

And of course... we're up, we moved, we're down, we're up, we're down, now we're back up... :D

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 3:58 am
by Oreo
K2 wrote:And of course... we're up, we moved, we're down, we're up, we're down, now we're back up... :D


Sounds like a few people around here.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 5:49 am
by ender*(gayless)
i really don't like how we do play the same maps over and over...most of the reason though (at least from my pov) is that the people who are playing on a pretty consistent basis feel like those are the maps that'll fill the server (that's at least why i vote d2 constantly)....who knows.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 6:54 am
by Deleted User
dust2 and office are probably my 2 fav maps, so i actually wouldn't mind a 2 map rotation at all. but it's a double edged sword. PROBABLY would keep the server more populated, but it would also generate a lot of bitching probably. of course with a ton of other maps to vote on, i can't see it really being a problem. if enough people played office/dust2 enough in a day, they can vote for whatever the hell they want and if it doesn't pass then they don't have the right to bitch about it :P

i'd love to see those 2 maps 24/7 with end map voting for extend as much as you want over and over, or the 2nd map in rotation. along with peoples ability to of course get a vote going for whatever other map they want.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 9:37 am
by rekloose-[PUPPY]
cs_italy anyone?

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 12:45 pm
by JayPhat
Perhaps if the end of map vote didn't always include those 2 maps it would help.

Oh and breakfloor FTW. I been playing on alot of breakfloor only and rats only servers. Who hear misses de_rats, honestly?

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:07 pm
by LeoPawnz
I've been spending most of my time on a custom map server with this map called repub, really fun, basic, easy on the video card. Oughta check it out.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 2:05 pm
by K2
JayPhat wrote:Perhaps if the end of map vote didn't always include those 2 maps it would help.


It doesnt always include those two maps. The end of map vote is setup to NOT include the last four most recently played maps.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 2:29 pm
by Dylan
24/7 dust2!
K2 has it right most people leave because they cant hold their own in the server (though Sinnned is a noob). The Dusts and office attract mediocre players that leave once they die 5 times in a row. Once there are a few more new regs we should be able to support a full map rotation but we just dont have enough regs right now. Now that HF is main I hope it brings in some good players to pwn my ass.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 2:46 pm
by Oreo
I concur, good players will make most new comers not stay. Unless you have something in the title of the server like Advanced Players or something (although that might bring a new kind of regular you won't want in the server).

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 9:46 pm
by Deleted User
K2 wrote:
Benedict wrote:Something really needs to be done about that, too.
I know other maps can be popular. I see lots of servers than run the full map list, including contra, mill, fire, and they are almost always full. So why don't the newcomers stay for those maps here?


Probably because when ya get ppl like sinned, the Hf crew, b4nshee, and a few other skilled players on the server raping most everyone else, the nubs tend to leave. I've seen it happen several times.

Also, we're FF on. Most of these 'full all the time' servers are FF off.

And of course... we're up, we moved, we're down, we're up, we're down, now we're back up... :D


No, actually they are not. While HF was down, I got used to playing on several servers that were FF on, and included lots of maps that seem to kill HF every time they come up. And they weren't servers that restricted any guns, either.
While your point about skilled regulars is quite valid, that alone shouldn't be such a powerful deterrant. I've seen good players on those other servers, and people just learn to play more cautiously when they are on. There's something that other communities have that HF doesn't, and it's obviously not in the server settings or map rotation. Perhaps this community of regs is just too stale...
Seriously, who's the last person who came to HF one day, and kept coming day after day? And how often does that happen?

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 9:48 pm
by JayPhat
Benedict wrote:Seriously, who's the last person who came to HF one day, and kept coming day after day? And how often does that happen?


Monica, only cause I said "You should try the place I play at"

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 10:23 pm
by Oreo
The server is too slow paced. The round timer takes forever, the new players are dragging out the entire round time so we wait while dead for 2+ minutes instead of the standard waiting time. There is too much voting on the server instead of just a normal maplist.

We need more people on the server, we need zero map voting with just a regular rotation of 3-4 maps that everyone likes. I know it's shitty for variety, but it keeps people in the server. The warmup timer is pointless, period. The fact that it's too long, its only nades and knives, and that its there at all, is stupid. Those 60-90 seconds of bullshit just give people a time to leave (which is what usually happens, they need an excuse and that's the perfect time because it lasts forever). If anything the server just needs to restart the round after 15 seconds of both teams having a player on them. Usually after each team has 1 player it's 15 seconds or less before everyone else is in. If you can't make the pistol round by that time you seriously need some type of upgrade.

No ingame stats that I've seen. Nothing comprehensive at all like on other servers where you can see your headshot percentage and your ratio without getting out a calculator. Pretty sure that was hlstatsx.

THe join and leave money shit is retarded. I can understand replacing your money to what it was when you disconnect and then reconnect to the server, but the method is completely wrong. It replaces your money with your last known amount WHEN THE NEXT ROUND STARTS, it's stupid. You can disconnect and reconnect with $800 (if tha's what you left with) and you will only get $800 the next round even if your team won the round. You basically get money fucked for 2 rounds if you disconnect. I know for a fact you can make this method replace your money the second you reconnect instead of waiting until the next round, I saw it on 3 different servers I played on today. Completely fair to get the money back you disconnected with, as long as its when you connect. So you still get the money from the round won or lost, no matter what amount you had. This is one thing that frustrated me while on the server.

Recap:

-voting for maps is stupid, especially 2 choices.
-round time is too long
-warmup period has no point and causes people to leave
-ingame stats need to be more comprehensive
-need more players
-admins need to not harass noobs "the bomb is the red dot on your radar"
-server needs to have a more welcoming atomosphere instead of just having players that play and don't communicate.

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 10:38 pm
by rekloose-[PUPPY]
Oreo wrote:Recap:
-voting for maps is stupid, especially 2 choices.
-round time is too long
-warmup period has no point and causes people to leave
-ingame stats need to be more comprehensive
-need more players
-admins need to not harass noobs "the bomb is the red dot on your radar"
-server needs to have a more welcoming atomosphere instead of just having players that play and don't communicate.


- yes
- dunno, but will go with yes
- yes, yes, emphatically yes
- don't care about stats, but can see how it's a draw
- no shit
- it's not harassing, it's keeping the game flowing
- k

:)

Posted: Apr 16th, 2006 at 11:58 pm
by Oreo
The last one is really key. That's why hardfought used to be so fun, because everyone was friendly with each other and had fun and played together... lately people just go in and play and the talk is all game. You know what I mean?

Posted: Apr 17th, 2006 at 12:02 am
by Deleted User
Oreo wrote:The last one is really key. That's why hardfought used to be so fun, because everyone was friendly with each other and had fun and played together... lately people just go in and play and the talk is all game. You know what I mean?

Oh come on now. It's not all game. Pred gets on there and awps people at T spawn on dust2 and says things like "FACEFUCKED!" Clearly that's not ALL game... :P

Posted: Apr 17th, 2006 at 12:04 am
by Deleted User
heh, after the server updated the other day and we realized there was no warm up timer about 5 of the 8 people in game cheered.

i see lots of newcomers say "wtf is this shit?" and leave before the timer is up. i must admit it's a cool idea, but it sux0rs.

Posted: Apr 17th, 2006 at 12:29 am
by Catharsys
my homoerotic talk isn't all game.

Posted: Apr 17th, 2006 at 12:35 am
by rekloose-[PUPPY]
hey, ho, the warmup timer's got to go!