New Mani version/new weapon restriction type

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

New Mani version/new weapon restriction type

Postby K2 » Apr 17th, 2005 at 10:41 pm

Time to get your feedback on this folks. There's a new release of the Mani admin plugin. I havent updated the servers yet but will sometime soon, like within the next 24-48 hrs (waiting to see if any bugs pop up first and if another patch is released, heh).

One of the new things that this plugin can do now is limited weapon restricting. That is, instead of banning a weapon outright, you can set up a condition to where say, as an example, only two tmp's are allowed to be bought per team. So after two are bought, no one else on that team can purchase one.

I'm not sure how strict the enforcement is... lets say two ppl on T buy a limited restricted weapon, drop 'em and buy 2 more. I think the plugin disallows that, but I'm not certain. Gonna have to test that out.

We can also do the limited weapons restriction on a per-map basis.

Anyways... curious to see what the rest of ya think about this. There's already a debate about it in the admin forum, but we should get everyone's elses feedback too. Sooo... discuss ;)

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Apr 17th, 2005 at 10:52 pm

HELL NO

Leave it pure CSS like they designed it
EatMoreLead aka EML

GoofyGunnz

Postby GoofyGunnz » Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:00 pm

I don't think that its such a good idea either. Part of the challenge in playing the game is defeating all the awp whores with tmps. Its fun.

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:01 pm

i agree with eml....

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:24 pm

I hate homos that stack and use autosnipers and such, but it's part of the game. Don't use it.

Nad

Postby Nad » Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:54 pm

I think for the most part we should leave it as is, but limitting AWPs on Aztec, or Autos on Vertigo would not be such a bad idea. And with my luck in the bridge room on aztec lately, limit Terrorist nade purchases to 1 per round :)
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Apr 18th, 2005 at 12:01 am

I dont think its too good of an idea really.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 18th, 2005 at 1:50 am

the only thing that concerns me me about weapon restrictions is who gets the weapons :D

if, for example, only 2 awps per team were allowed, and the ct's are raping t's since both the ct's with awps kick ass, and the 2 t's that got awps just so happen to be complete noobtards who bought the game 5 hours ago.

you'd basicaly be at the mercy of luck for things to be even skill wise. that or begging the completel noob who's 2-15 to give you his awp so you can try to pick off the ct who's happily been picking you all off with no competent opposition for the whole map.

but other than that, i don't have a problem with it :D

Nad

Postby Nad » Apr 18th, 2005 at 1:52 am

Well, the noob with no kills probably doesnt have the money for an awp. I think you will still be able to pick up enemy weapons without counting against your purchase amound as well. And, as a last resort, you might just have to shoot your teammate and take his gun, for the good of the team :D
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 18th, 2005 at 6:27 am

b4nshee wrote:and the ct's are raping t's since both the ct's with awps kick ass

Who might that be? :P
I've been deleted!!

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Apr 18th, 2005 at 9:12 am

I've never been a fan of weapon restrictions, leave it pure.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Apr 18th, 2005 at 9:19 am

I dont like weapon restrictions. There was a cool plugin back in the CSS1.6 days where you could vote for certain restrictions. You'd type "voteweapon" and get a nice list of things you could vote for. Like =
"Scouts/knives"
"No Snipers"
"All Snipers"
"All pistols"
(there were a few more but my brain isnt' quite functioning yet)

I think something like that would be cool. IMO anyways.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 18th, 2005 at 10:19 am

The big ones were "tmp/mac", "pump shotties", and "knives only". That'd be cool. Otherwise, no restrictions.

-Grant

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Apr 18th, 2005 at 4:03 pm

Or just make it so Homing can only buy 10 bullets for his awp for the whole map, k thx...

<3 pred
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

T3K

Postby T3K » Apr 18th, 2005 at 4:27 pm

i think the whole weapon restriction would suck ass... although that vote for types of weapons to be used would be tight, is that a possibility???
If you can't spot the sucker at the table in your first half hour then you are the sucker.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 18th, 2005 at 4:28 pm

I'm going to agree with everyone else and say this sounds like a bad idea. Like Oreo said, autosnipers are annoying sometimes, but still part of the game.

Dogtown

Postby Dogtown » Apr 18th, 2005 at 5:23 pm

this is a horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible
horrible thing if it happens, weapon restrictions are bullshit stuff for 'noob-strike.net' and '64/64 dust 2 24/7' type servers...fuck that

T3K

Postby T3K » Apr 18th, 2005 at 5:38 pm

yeah... fuck that
If you can't spot the sucker at the table in your first half hour then you are the sucker.

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Apr 18th, 2005 at 5:50 pm

I guess im against the grain. I like the idea of limiting autosnipes. I am not against them period but i like the idea of keeping a whole freakin team of them out of the game. I would say 3 or 4 per team max. I would NOT ban AWPS. I think they require more skill to use, and getting idiots out there who want to awp the first chance they get may actually work in the other teams favor if they are not skilled at it. I have found that my position is changing slightly. Just cause someone creates it in a game doesnt make it right. I also think changes need to be made to the gun as a whole, I mean from the designers standpoint. Either way, I really dont care. If I had it my way, I would only limit autosnipes.

T3K

Postby T3K » Apr 18th, 2005 at 6:38 pm

are there any cool plug-ins like suck and pyrox were talking about out for source? like those tmp/mac and all pistols or was that just for 1.6 and others.... i vote that if their is that k2 should put them on HF1 and HF3 and make it possible for people to vote to have them enabled.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 18th, 2005 at 6:53 pm

We could do that with this plug-in I believe, although it would take me a little bit to figure out. It's set up so that we could initiate a vote on whether to go knives only, pistols only, tmp/mac, pump shotties, or whatever... If there's any interest in this, I'll take a look at it and get it set up for the next "fun night" on the match servers to test it out.

-Grant

Dogtown

Postby Dogtown » Apr 18th, 2005 at 6:59 pm

put breakfloor on the server, not in rotation but as a possible voted map, that map is ridiculously fun

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Apr 18th, 2005 at 7:03 pm

DoCFuRy[12PC] wrote:I guess im against the grain. I like the idea of limiting autosnipes. I am not against them period but i like the idea of keeping a whole freakin team of them out of the game. I would say 3 or 4 per team max. I would NOT ban AWPS. I think they require more skill to use, and getting idiots out there who want to awp the first chance they get may actually work in the other teams favor if they are not skilled at it. I have found that my position is changing slightly. Just cause someone creates it in a game doesnt make it right. I also think changes need to be made to the gun as a whole, I mean from the designers standpoint. Either way, I really dont care. If I had it my way, I would only limit autosnipes.

im yet to see more then 3 autos at ones.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 18th, 2005 at 7:08 pm

Suck. wrote:We could do that with this plug-in I believe, although it would take me a little bit to figure out. It's set up so that we could initiate a vote on whether to go knives only, pistols only, tmp/mac, pump shotties, or whatever... If there's any interest in this, I'll take a look at it and get it set up for the next "fun night" on the match servers to test it out.

very interested.
I've been deleted!!

T3K

Postby T3K » Apr 18th, 2005 at 7:36 pm

dito... interested

Return to “Game Server”