Update to statsme plugin

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

Update to statsme plugin

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 9:25 am

Most of ya know we added a small statsme-like plugin to the servers a couple weeks ago that allows psychostats to record hitbox/damage data. There were a few errors in the logs, but as it turns out part of the blame was on Valves part (see http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news ).

Now that at least one if not more of the hit/dmg errors have been corrected, the author of said statsme plugin has updated his script to tie in more closely with Valve's damage reporting. Now it matches exactly what you see in the console. This will also transfer over to psychostats as it updates.

Another nice feature that was implemented was the dmg output is now displayed as a AMX-like menu screen upon death instead of in the chat area. It looks nice in my opinion, as well as the few regs who helped me get some screenshots -

It's real simple - all it does is show ya the exact same data you'd see in the console, except now it's in a nice format that doesnt spam the chat area, and you dont have to drop down the console to see how ya did. Only thing is that you wont see this menu unless you actually die - if you live to the next round, the menu doesnt pop up. That may or may not be a good thing, but I am betting the author will change it to where all live players will see their dmg stats in the menu at rounds end.

This is now active on all three pubs. Lemme know whatcha think.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 8th, 2005 at 12:14 pm

Is it possible to disable like the old one? Where you could type /switch and it wouldn't show it for you.

edit: because one of the main reasons I play at HF is that the server isn't loaded with so much bullshit you can just play the game. There aren't 100 sound files and half the screen filled up with text and boxes. It's nice and clean.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 8th, 2005 at 12:27 pm

Oreo wrote:edit: because one of the main reasons I play at HF is that the server isn't loaded with so much bullshit you can just play the game. There aren't 100 sound files and half the screen filled up with text and boxes. It's nice and clean.

And all this time I thought it was because of the great social interaction and because of terrific people like me.

... And the between-round cyber sex.

I'm disappointed.

Suck.
Benefactor

Re: Update to statsme plugin

Postby Suck. » Apr 8th, 2005 at 12:45 pm

K2 wrote:Now that at least one if not more of the hit/dmg errors have been corrected, the author of said statsme plugin has updated his script to tie in more closely with Valve's damage reporting. Now it matches exactly what you see in the console. This will also transfer over to psychostats as it updates.

Yeah... because the damage reporting is working so well now... If this is actually mimicking Valve's damage reporting, it's gonna' totally fuck stats up.

ParaManiac

Postby ParaManiac » Apr 8th, 2005 at 1:28 pm

Stats? We have stats?

(Just in case EML didn't jump in)

K2
Administrator

Re: Update to statsme plugin

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 4:29 pm

Suck. wrote:Yeah... because the damage reporting is working so well now... If this is actually mimicking Valve's damage reporting, it's gonna' totally fuck stats up.

Nah it shouldnt mimick anything... it's supposed to tie in with it. I aske dthe author of the plugin which mp_logdetail value would be best in conjunction with this plugin. I'll let ya know what he says.

Oreo - it's still nice and clean guy, heh. If it were spamming every attack/dmg stat unde rthe sun like StatsXS did, I wouldnt put it up. Tell me how often you drop down the console to see your dmg/hit info? Yeah... now ya dont have to.

I dont think the client can disable the display just for themselves, but I can inquire about it.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 8th, 2005 at 4:35 pm

I drop down the console when I want to view it and I don't when I don't. I just like having the choice is my reasoning. I hate being bombarded by things, no matter how useful. it's one of the main reasons my CSIRC script runs mainly from console. I like the idea of keeping the gaming screen clean.

edit: lol, yes camyen. one reason I do play here is also the community. but a good community and a shitty server isn't a good combination. K2 runs nice, clean servers. That's what attracts people. They aren't laggy pieces of shit covered with text and sound files. The cleaner, the better imo. It's nice to see progress though of coding in the game for addons.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 5:01 pm

I understand where you're coming from Oreo. But the addition of this feature didnt automatically make HF go from a nice clean server to one that's full of spam did it? I am betting most ppl will like seeing this info now.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 8th, 2005 at 5:03 pm

Look at it this way Oreo: It's more incentive not to die.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 6:00 pm

Hey gang, because Valve fucked up name assigments/reporting, dmg given/received isnt going to match the attacker everytime, keep that in mind.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 7:25 pm

UPDATE - had to kill the dmg menu, it was completely disabling the Mani tk punishment menu if ya got tk'ed. Bleh :(

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Apr 8th, 2005 at 8:42 pm

Awww. We're supposed to do things to piss oreo off, not turn him on :shock:

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 8th, 2005 at 10:42 pm

People were complaining in game anyway about it. They seemed happy when I told them K2 msged the guy about being able to disable it client side. I don't think it's really missed. :o

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 8th, 2005 at 10:47 pm

I never saw anyone complain about it cept you oreo. In fact... lookin at the logs from all three servers, a high majority actually liked it. So put that in yer pipe and smoke it ;)

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Apr 9th, 2005 at 2:23 am

i liked it at times, and at times i hated it. But now that its gone, i really do miss that lil feller

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 9th, 2005 at 2:29 am

It sucked.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Apr 9th, 2005 at 3:10 am

You know, I've been scrimming and not pubbing so much lately, that this whole thing just passed me by. I never even got to use the damn thing.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Return to “Game Server”