Serious Members wanted for BF2 clan.

Looking for a clan to play with? Or looking to add members to your clans ranks? Post away...

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Serious Members wanted for BF2 clan.

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 27th, 2005 at 1:32 am

CAL League

Initial requirements:

2 practices per week minimum
Must have a decent Mic for Voice Com (Ventrilo Server provided)
Must have a computer that is up to date enough to run BF2 with 0 excuse for failure outside the typical flaky ass EA game problems.
Must have a net connection that is not hit and miss. Very inconsistent net connection is worse than inconsistent play.

Only hardcore BF2 players need apply. This is not just for fun. This is for the holly grail of gaming. To be top dog at the most complex and advanced military simulation to date.

About me,

Former member of [TL] (Tulsalan) clan. Top 5 in TWL BF:DC, Top 5 in TWL BF:V

Looking to put together a top notch team. If having fun is more important to you than winning DO NOT apply. There are plenty of clans who play for fun, this is not one of them.

If you can't take being benched DO NOT apply.
If you can't take orders DO NOT apply.

All positions are available. I am working as clan manager. Clan leader/Cmder and squad leader slots are available. However I will be a squad leader. Structure of the clan will be determined via practice.

Currently looking to fill 15 slots for the 12 man team. Will create additional teams if we have enough candidates.

email admin@tulsalan.com if you wish to apply.

Give a brief bio of your experience with BF games and any previous comptetive play for any game type, and I will add you to the list for tryouts. Our private BF2 server will "hopefully" be up by then, if not we will figure something out.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

GoofyGunnz

Postby GoofyGunnz » Jun 28th, 2005 at 7:53 am

I am not so sure about this "Serious" part, because, well, my name is GoofyGunnz.

Anyway, I really want to be in a clan for this thing, because this game has so much potential. I played all the BF games religiously at one time or another, but never played competitively. In fact, I've never played competitvely for any game, but Freespace 2 (my squad did own the whole game, though). It is a really good time, though.

The only problem is that I am going to be going to grad school now and I may have to miss a practice, but I really like this game, so it probably won't be hard to stop work for a little while.

Anyways, I am tired of always being commander and squad leader on every server I join and no one listening when I do. Occasionally there are some good squads, though.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jun 28th, 2005 at 7:55 pm

JayPhats HF Squad on USMC FTW.

Catalyst
YakSpout

OWNAGE!

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jul 3rd, 2005 at 10:40 pm

Well I've been a Battlefield player since 1942. As far as competitiveness is concerned, I was a decent Unreal Tournament CPL'er some time ago.

In regards to Battlefield, I play to win... and simply, if I'm not winning I'm generally not having fun. 90% of the time I rank first on the server, regardless of who's playing. Certainly that sounds overly egotistical, and that's understood... but I'm not sure how else to put it. Teamwork is what I'm all about, and if it's evident I'm playing within the ranks of a squad leader who knows what they're doing, orders are never denied. I would however prefer having my own squad... but either way, squad leader or not, I would be honored to represent HF in a BF2 CAL team.

Combat Medic's my field of expertise :wink:

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jul 3rd, 2005 at 11:36 pm

while i definitely would like to play competitively... cat you seriously make this sound like it's not going to be enjoyable at all. i echo germany's statement on where i play to win, and i am extremely competitive. if i'm not doing well, obviously i'm not enjoying myself. but really i play games as a hobby, not as a job. got one of those thanks ;).

anyway, i plan on trying out for the hf clan. is this thread for that, or is it some other team you are trying to put together cat?

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jul 4th, 2005 at 12:21 am

[Comrade]Germ4ny wrote:Well I've been a Battlefield player since 1942.

Damn dood, you are older than you look. I didn't even know they had video games back then...
EatMoreLead aka EML

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jul 16th, 2005 at 4:54 pm

while i definitely would like to play competitively... cat you seriously make this sound like it's not going to be enjoyable at all.

I do not intend to make it sound "not enjoyable". The problem I had in my previous clan was that we started out playing for fun, then some of us got pretty serious and hardcore while still trying to be fair and make sure everyone got to play. Even those that didn't play online much or had very little experience. For those of us who were very serious it was disapointing, but we had no right to change it since we started with a "friendly" clan.

I just want it to be a serious clan. I intend to have fun, and I will never "bitch" at someone for how well they play. I just want 15 people for a 12 man team and the ability and right to field the best players every match. Otherwise we are cheating the whole team to make every member happy and get play time.

So basically I want to do practices twice a week and follow a strict ruleset that is unbiased and is focused on winning more than making sure every member gets play time.

My old clan is back in swing and I really like all the guys and they have awesome skills, but they are following the same game plan as before. Had they focused on practice and playing only the top players in every round then we would have been number 1 on TWL indefinately. So I am not playing with them for that reason. I'd rather not play than feel we are handicap'd
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jul 16th, 2005 at 8:42 pm

well that sounds pretty good. but like i said, i'm planning on trying out for the hf bf2 team. if that falls through though i'd like to take you up on your offer, if you don't mind being second choice, that is ;).
I've been deleted!!

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Nov 8th, 2005 at 2:30 pm

I'd love to join...but I'm sure my work schedule is gonna bust my ass :(

Can't we like..all play in the middle of the night?

And you know cat that I'm one of the better men for the job ;)

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 8th, 2005 at 3:39 pm

I was holding out for HF clan... Whatever happened to that?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 8th, 2005 at 4:16 pm

Not enough interest.

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Nov 8th, 2005 at 4:31 pm

I think we can make this happen if we actually recruit a few players. There are prolly about 5 or 6 active members here that play all the time and we would only need 10 or so to get started.

Servo

Postby Servo » Nov 9th, 2005 at 11:12 pm

Im in for tryouts at lest, I would love to try BF2 in an enviroment not populated primarially by fuckups.
"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best."

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Nov 10th, 2005 at 10:34 am

If it wasnt for CS i'd play BF2, i played with TAU's bf2 team and we couldnt get enough active players so we had to fold.

I just dont have time to do both
ClanKiller | Shade

carnage

Postby carnage » Nov 13th, 2005 at 11:03 am

I'm in. You should be getting my email soon, Cat.

Carn

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 13th, 2005 at 3:16 pm

I got your email and replied. I'm all for getting serious with BF2, but I need to do a role call for people who are sitll interested. Post here if so. If we can get a good group of 10 that are willing to practice I'll start it up.

Return to “Clan recruitment”