Official Hardfought CS: Source clan - apply within

Looking for a clan to play with? Or looking to add members to your clans ranks? Post away...

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Official Hardfought CS: Source clan - apply within

Postby K2 » Jan 1st, 2005 at 6:20 am

To start off the new year, I am announcing the start of an official Hardfought Clan for CS: Source for competetive match play. The head of the clan will be myself, but my main focus will be a behind-the-scenes, administrative role. I probably wont even play in any matches unless it's to fill in for someone who couldn't show. Anyways, here's the breakdown for those of ya that are interested...

The focus - to play CS: Source on a competetive level in both the Caleage and CPL, and having as much fun playing in the process. I've already created a place-holder for Hardfought Clan [HF] on the Caleague CS: Source Open league division (central), which is due to start around Jan. 3rd. I'd also like to field the best squad (and I'll explain squad here in a minute) from the clan to play at the CS: Source tourney at the upcoming CPL summer event in July 2005. Will also schedule scrims/pick-up games with other competetive clans between caleage matches during the year.

Who we're looking for - skilled players obviously, but that isn't the prime requesite. A good attitude, dedication and the ability to work in a team-based environment is essential, in that order. Assholes and prima donna's need not apply. Location is also a consideration, although a minor one. If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or at least in the state of Texas, that would be ideal. Just so long as you have a broadband connection and can get a decent ping to servers in the midwest, you're good to go. Side note - the Hardfought admin staff has already been offered a spot in this clan if they so desire, so long as they are not already affilliated with another clan. Membership has its priviledges, as they say. How many of the staff that will be in this clan has not been determined yet... as of this post, it's only two of 'em so far.

Clan structure - I figure the best way to structure the clan, especially if membership grows above 8-10 members, is to structure it like the way it is in an infantry platoon, with a platoon leader, platoon sergeant, and a squad leader to head up each squad/team. Top dog is the platoon leader, who will oversee administrative things, scheduling matches/scrims, and so forth. The platoon leader wont play at all unless it's absolutely necessary. That'll be my position. The platoon sergeant will help the platoon leader with various things, but will be a member of one of the squads that play. They may or *may not* be the squad leader for the squad they are a member of. Lemme break that down for ya...

In the infantry, your basic platoon is broken up into 3-4 squads, and each squad is comprised of 1-2 teams depending on the number of men. The men in that squad or fire team work together *all the time* - they do everything together, whether it's training, going out on patrol, going on the offensive against a hostile element, etc. The key point is that because these same men work and live together day-in/day-out, they start to gel as a single unit, and can perform at maximum efficiency. All members of that team know each others strengths and weaknesses, and can use that knowledge to overcome the enemy and complete their mission.

So, for this clan, I'm gonna simplify that a bit, and have the 'platoon' broken down into 5-man squads. Each squad will have it's designated leader, who will call the shots in-game during match play, and also help schedule practices and pickup games/scrims for their squad. Each 'squad' as it were will practice together as a team, and ONLY with each other. So let's say we've got 15 ppl in the clan - it'd be broken down into three 5-man squads, and each squad would be able to scrim/match against other clans as they see fit. Those squads would even practice against each other to help keep skills sharp, for bragging rights, etc. The main point is that each squad sticks to it's roster of players... the only time you'd ask one player to cover down for another player in another squad is if they couldnt make it for a match or whatever. And just like in real life missions/patrols and such in the infantry, we'd rotate the squads for each match or 'mission' that came up. That way everyone gets a chance to play in official matches. Ever been in a large clan, but it was always the same 4-5 fuckers that got to play all the damn time? That wont happen here.

Right now I'm thinking 2-3 five-man squads would be an ideal size for the clan. That's always subject to change however.

Also... at some point, we'd have a showdown tournament between all the squads in the clan. Whoever comes out on top is gonna be the squad that represents Hardfought at the CPL tournament this summer. Should be interesting ;)

Other stuff - just gonna put this out right now so there's no misunderstanding... being a member of this clan does NOT make you a server admin. That's a whole different deal. You can already be an admin and be in the clan, and you can even apply for an admin position and become one thru normal channels if we need one. But you're not going to have any special priviledges over other players or be treated special just because you're in the clan. On the pubs, you'll be treated as and be expected to behave and follow the rules just like everyone else. If you team-stack repeatedly, or are caught cheating, or intentionally TK/TW'ing to the point to where ya get banned from the server, your life expectancy within the clan is probably gonna be short ;)

You will have the HF match port at your disposal however, for practices/matches and pickup games. You'll also have a private clan forum available on the msgboard to discuss clan business, and you'll be given a Hardfought email account if ya want one.

Dual-clanning will not be permitted. That means if you're aleady a member of one clan, you can't be in this one, and vice-versa. Neither will we use 'ringers', or whore ourselves out as ringers to other clans.

That's the general layout/vision I have at the moment. Keep in mind this isnt set it stone; if a better method or way of doing things is found, we can change the format to accomidate that method. I've got quite a bit of experience tho, both running and being in clans, and I like to think I got a pretty good handle of how to run things and what to do and what NOT to do. So this is what I got at the moment and I believe it'll work to everyone's benefit.

So, with all that being said - if you're interested in becoming a member of this clan, apply within this thread. Tryout's WILL be held unless I already know you, know your skill level and know what you're capabable of doing.

PumpActionJackson

Postby PumpActionJackson » Jan 1st, 2005 at 1:36 pm

Well I will be the first to say that I am interested in this clan. Right now I am a member of [Comrade] but seeing as how me and Cyber Pitz are just about the only ones that play CS:S anymore:(. I am interested in competitive/league matches and actual organized scrims and such. So that being said I dont think that [Comrade] is going to do anything along those lines(if I am wrong let me know). If that is the case then I would be very interested in joining the [HF] clan, if anyone would even want my scrubby ass =)
You might recognize me. I am the black guy from PREDATOR.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 1st, 2005 at 2:28 pm

::Raises Hand::
I've been deleted!!

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Jan 1st, 2005 at 6:41 pm

PumpActionJackson wrote:Well I will be the first to say that I am interested in this clan. Right now I am a member of [Comrade] but seeing as how me and Cyber Pitz are just about the only ones that play CS:S anymore:(. I am interested in competitive/league matches and actual organized scrims and such. So that being said I dont think that [Comrade] is going to do anything along those lines(if I am wrong let me know). If that is the case then I would be very interested in joining the [HF] clan, if anyone would even want my scrubby ass =)

I agree with you completely pump. I want to find a clan that has a competetiveness to it. That was the reason I played 1.6 for so long were the matches and scrims. [Comrade] is a great clan, don't get me wrong, but the lack of people on, and the non-competetivness just draws me away. I would love to be part of the HardFought clan.

Deleted User
*poof*

Yeah

Postby Deleted User » Jan 1st, 2005 at 9:07 pm

Sounds Great! I've been playing HFC since CS:S came out. I'd be interested!

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Jan 1st, 2005 at 11:14 pm

I d be interested in this. I dont think I would have the time to be a team leader simply because of work and kids, but I definitely could play.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 1st, 2005 at 11:44 pm

Someone go recruit Rich and Lisa! :D
I've been deleted!!

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jan 2nd, 2005 at 12:01 am

If anyone on team [proval] wants to do HF instead that is fine by me. We are all admins anyway. But if you dont want to clan, practice and just want to win $$, then stay with proval.
EatMoreLead aka EML

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 2nd, 2005 at 2:26 pm

Hey pump, cyberpitz, if you guys wanna join/tryout for the clan thats fine, but are ya sure [Comrade] isnt wanting to keep both of ya? I dont wanna step on anybodys toes, and I'm not in the habit of stealing players from other clans.

PumpActionJackson

Postby PumpActionJackson » Jan 2nd, 2005 at 3:21 pm

I hear where your'e coming from K2. But the thing is as of late its really only been me and CyberPitz playing, I havent talked to Lanoldar in god knows how long. I will see Sero every now and then but I think most of the clan has moved onto HLDM. All I can say was it was really cool when [Comrade] first came around cuz we could easily get on and find at least 3 or 4 clanmates on at any time of day. I dont want to seem like I am jumping ship, I really do like all the guys in [Comrade] I just want something more than a casual clan, I want to get back into the competitive side of CS:S, and the [HF] clan seems to be the best place to do it. :D

Deleted User
*poof*

Sign me up!

Postby Deleted User » Jan 3rd, 2005 at 1:20 pm

I am more than interested in trying out for the Hardfought CS:Source clan. I have all the time in the world given my status as a college student... :D My location is Austin, TX. Emai: Nick@NicksAppleJuice.com

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 3rd, 2005 at 1:51 pm

I won't have time to play because I am playing with a highly competitive 1.6 team. I could probably help you guys out with strats if you want.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 4th, 2005 at 5:04 am

All of ya that have posted your desire and intent for the clan - I got ya down, just give me time to get things rolling. Soon ;)

PumpActionJackson

Postby PumpActionJackson » Jan 4th, 2005 at 7:09 am

Roger that 8)

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 4th, 2005 at 1:12 pm

I'll definitely be on standby for that one, thanks K2

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Jan 4th, 2005 at 2:41 pm

Well, I'm mediocre but highly competetive. I also live in detroit, but I have broadband connection. I'm really interested and would accept an invitiation in a heart beat, but I could also understand why I would be overlooked. Anyways, just voicing my interest, but not harboring any expectations. In any regard, GL.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jan 6th, 2005 at 9:48 am

EatMoreLead wrote:If anyone on team [proval] wants to do HF instead that is fine by me. We are all admins anyway. But if you dont want to clan, practice and just want to win $$, then stay with proval.

I'm gonna stay proval. We'd make a good "test" for the newborn HF clan :twisted:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Jan 6th, 2005 at 9:52 am

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not all that good, but I do have a drive and I love the HF community. In addition seeing as KiS is going to 1) Die b/c of WoW or 2) Move to only DoD when that comes out I might be interested in the HF clan.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 6th, 2005 at 7:44 pm

count me in =)

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 10th, 2005 at 6:21 pm

Dex knows... im in too :)

name's tom, maybe you've seen me playing
ill formally say hi to all of you guys
I've been deleted!!

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jan 10th, 2005 at 11:11 pm

welcome to hf tom
EatMoreLead aka EML

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 11th, 2005 at 6:20 pm

Well, I definately want to join. I was previously a member of [Comrade] also. But we disbanded. So now I'm looking for a clan. I would definately want to join this clan since I don't play on any other server besides the HF servers. When are they tryouts going to be held?

[EDIT]

Oh and I'm in Houston, Texas and I have al lot of free time. I'm currently attending Univeristy of Houston.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 11th, 2005 at 7:43 pm

I would enjoy being part of this clan, as long as someone will unban me from HF II.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jan 12th, 2005 at 12:03 am

Biel - see topic on unban requests.

http://www.hardfought.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1605
EatMoreLead aka EML

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Jan 12th, 2005 at 12:05 am

Interesting... o.O :)

Return to “Clan recruitment”