Battle for Wesnoth

Any game that requires real-time strategy and planning, from StarCraft to Age of Empires to Chess can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Battle for Wesnoth

Postby Timmy » Jun 18th, 2011 at 11:48 am

Free turn based strategy game, similar to the Fire Emblem series. You have one command unit that recruits (or recalls) units to fight your battles. There are a ton of missions, with lots of story arcs so it doesn't get stale, or end up with you having a pack of super troops railroading the ai. Units gain experience, and level up, many troops having different specialties to choose from when they do, also any units that survive a battle can be recalled to the next battle. This makes units more valueable, and adds a bit to strategy because no experienced unit is easily replaceable. your command unit can fight as well although he can only recruit/recall while in a fort so he's usually a late game addition if at all.

Lots of difficulty options so you can play it at a level you're comfortable with, its free, and decent looking (like an older gen console game). If you like turn based strategy, and/or are a fan of the Fire Emblem series (I played em all) this is definately worth a look.

http://www.wesnoth.org/

Tim~

KillerClown

Re: Battle for Wesnoth

Postby KillerClown » Jun 19th, 2011 at 12:47 am

Yuk, looks like that shit was made in the 80's lol.
I'll stick to Dreamlords, LotRO, BFBC2, Occasional CSS, and current betas I'm in.

DragonNest isn't terrible, but it is in beta atm, so I'm sure pricing and the way things work right now will change significantly, along the same lines as what Vindictus did, same company same type of game.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Return to “RTS/Strategy Games”