League of Legends beta

Any game that requires real-time strategy and planning, from StarCraft to Age of Empires to Chess can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

PumpActionJackson

League of Legends beta

Postby PumpActionJackson » Sep 16th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Hey guys longtime no speak... Just thought I would drop by and see what everyone has been up to and kinda see what everyone has been playing. I have mostly been playing LoL (League of Legends) lately this game is a freaking blast.

Not sure if anyone around here has played or currently plays DOTA. But this game is along the same lines as that but more advanced and IMO alot more fun. Anyway not sure if anyone is interested but I have 3 beta keys that any of you are more than welcome to have. Just drop a line in here on steam or shoot me an email and its all yours.

Talk to you guys later.

PumpActionJackson
You might recognize me. I am the black guy from PREDATOR.

sX
Elite Member

Re: League of Legends beta

Postby sX » Sep 17th, 2009 at 12:57 am

Do you want to get naked and wrastle?
(o )^( o) Tetas.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 17th, 2009 at 1:14 am

Played since FilePlanet picked up the beta, for a little while anyway, wasn't too bad for that style of game, not really my thing. :P
Some of the characters I played against seemed pretty OP but again it isn't really my style of game so it's not like I put full effort into it, uninstalled days ago.. :D
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Sep 21st, 2009 at 7:10 pm

get in vent Pump and hook me up!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 22nd, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Wow, blast from the past.

I'm waiting for Star Wars: ToR to come out before I go back to online gameplay.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jul 27th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

This is a good game for the price of free. I started playing a couple weeks ago because of ole CyberPitz.

Anyone who plays this still?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:52 am

I reinstalled it since it went F2P, but yeah I don't play really. I reactivated my LoTRO sub, it will be going F2P soon'ish, best F2P game there will be at that point. :P You'd still have to buy expansions etc, but you can also use Turbine points to buy them (at least you could in beta when I last played), one was around 1900 Turbine points. If you sub to the game after it goes F2P ($14.99/mth for 1 mth, discounts for longer periods) you get VIP status and get 500 Turbine points free every month among other features, some of which can be purchased separately through the store (like character slots and bag space). The store is based on the DDO store design if you ever played that after it went F2P a while back.
Been so busy playing LoTRO (Dwarf Guardian 4tw), when I decide to play something, that I'm barely level 7 in Need for Speed World a week and 2 days since the Early Access program began (I was level 12 in a few days in beta, not really playing hardcore).
Company of Heroes beta has been out for a bit, but I haven't even downloaded it yet, this week is 1v1 game type testing. The Screenshots for this game look really nice IMO. In fact, reviewing those make me want to remember to start the downloader when I go to sleep. :P

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Jul 30th, 2010 at 11:30 am

Shouldn't this be under RPGs instead of RTS's? Looked at the LoL homepage and it looked more rpg to me.

Heya KC, hows that guardian in pvp? When I left Lotro guardians were the neglected children in pvp, everyone ignores you because all you best abilities are reactions and without reaction attacks you hit like a cream puff. That plus the really lame "evil side" set up and the weak crafting are what made me drop my account.

I'm not big on F2P, it's a serious gimmick, you end up paying more per month to stay competetive when its "free".

Tim~

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 30th, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Timmy wrote:Shouldn't this be under RPGs instead of RTS's? Looked at the LoL homepage and it looked more rpg to me.

LoL is like DoTA.
LoL wrote:Our goal when building League of Legends was to evolve DotA beyond the limitations of the Warcraft III Engine and give players a new experience with entirely new content while capturing the familiar feel in an entirely new and expanded game.

Timmy wrote:Heya KC, hows that guardian in pvp? When I left Lotro guardians were the neglected children in pvp, everyone ignores you because all you best abilities are reactions and without reaction attacks you hit like a cream puff.

Eh, I'm not exactly a PvP fanatic, but when I PvP'd in beta it wasn't that bad. As a guardian, the most damaging non-reactional is Shield-Blow @ 115 common damage (at my current lvl 36), with only a 3.5s cooldown. True it's not the most damaging thing in the game, but you are a heavy tank, and we all know tanks in every game have weaker damage, that is what you trade for high defense.

Timmy wrote:That plus the really lame "evil side" set up and the weak crafting are what made me drop my account.
I'm not big on F2P, it's a serious gimmick, you end up paying more per month to stay competetive when its "free".

Just about every game that's worth anything costs you money to advance, with LoTRO most of what I've seen in the store wasn't really "empowering" items, char slots, bag space....you can buy some items that boost you, +10 items for each stat (may be a couple ranks to those books) some stuff in the store you jut can't see unless you meet the requirements (level class etc). I haven't really seen anything that directly makes you "that much" more powerful, then again I'm not leveling a character up in the beta to find out.

Return to “RTS/Strategy Games”