Dawn of War 2

Any game that requires real-time strategy and planning, from StarCraft to Age of Empires to Chess can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Dawn of War 2

Postby Timmy » Jun 1st, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Don't believe the hype, this follow up to the great Dawn of War is mediocre at best. It's like they tried to blend rts with diablo and failed hardcore. The single player plays like a squad based Diablo, you have 4 units to control that you get to pick out of 6 total you find items to buff them up and they level up gaining new abilities. None of which really give you any form of advantage most are just very short turn buffs that will at most barely affect your fighting. You can use cover but since 90% of the time you are the aggressor cover is just in the way. There are end bosses on EVERY map, most of them are ridiculously overpowered with instant death attacks that are dodgeable, but with squads one sqaud never seems to move in time.... The multiplayer is nothing like single so its like learning 2 crappy games instead of one. I don't do multiplayer myself but from what I've read its pretty craptacular as well.

I was hoping for a new Dawn of War with maybe new trees and troops and such instead I got a totally reworked game that killed everything I liked about the first one....

Tim~

K2
Administrator

Re: Dawn of War 2

Postby K2 » Jun 1st, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Glad you did a review on this one Timmy, I was thinking of buying this.

Return to “RTS/Strategy Games”