Fallout 3

Any game that requires real-time strategy and planning, from StarCraft to Age of Empires to Chess can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Fallout 3

Postby Best_predator » Jun 7th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 are 2 of the top RPGs ever made. They are not class-based RPG. You can make your character anyway you like. They are the very first games to have had success in making it as nonlinear as possible(i think?=).
Fallout fans have been waiting for the sequel to these games for many years. It is coming next spring :D. Here's the teaser:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/teaser.html

Im psyched. Who hasn't played this game before and you like RPGs you MUST play this game, if anything, just to widen your horizon of top games ever made :).
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jun 9th, 2007 at 2:36 am

Damn bitches, non of you play legendary RTS's? First no one even heard of Heroes of Might and Magic. Now you telling me you never played Fallout :?::?::?::?:
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jun 10th, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Never played it. When did Fallout 2 come out?

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jun 11th, 2007 at 3:07 am

About 10 years ago.
Sneaky bastard...

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jul 12th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

I just had a conversation the other day with a few friends in WoW. They were talking about Fallout 4 or some such something rather. They all swore it was the best game eva. I liked KoTR and KoTR2. I hated LoTRo but am content with WoW. Should I spend my money on the fallout series, pred?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Sandbox

Postby Sandbox » Aug 24th, 2007 at 1:54 pm

I remember fallout. GREAT franchise, they really had a moment of inspiration at that first brainstorm meeting. I liked fallout tactics. I'll have to check out the latest one though. I haven't really found an rpg I could really dive into in a while. not since nwn and that was what... 5 6 years?

Sandbox

Postby Sandbox » Aug 24th, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Best_predator wrote:Damn bitches, non of you play legendary RTS's?

I'm dissapointed I never hear about the total war series in here. Best RTS I've played imo especially since medieval 2

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 26th, 2007 at 3:12 am

Burzum, you don't need to spend money on Fallout. It's real easy to get it on torrent. But if you manage to actually find Fallout 1 and 2 in store than go for it. Fallout: Tactics was pretty sad compared to fallout1, 2. It was all about strategy while first 2 were done by different company and they were really funny and had a great story line.

Sand, i played total war. Its not my kind of RTS, im more of a Red Alert/ Age of Empire type RTS.
Sneaky bastard...

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Aug 26th, 2007 at 5:11 pm

screw u guys...starcraft is as legendary as it gets :) or warcraft pick ur pick but blizzard pwns in rts category to me :)

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 26th, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Yes for Warcraft, "HELL NO" for starcraft. Starcraft is so overrated.
Sneaky bastard...

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Aug 27th, 2007 at 2:02 am

Blizzard sucks gazelle dung because it lost its truly inspired developers before WoW came out. Then WoW became a run of the mill grind MMO seeking more and more revenue rather than focusing on fantastic gameplay like the previous Blizz titles. Its nothing more than a name now and you'd be well off to recognize that. It makes money now, not good games.

//edit
oh, and fallout does rock. Still haven't gotten to 3 yet, but I've had other free stuff in my way that has kept me from actually paying money for a game. I'll def get it at some point though.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 27th, 2007 at 10:54 am

It won't be out for at least another 8 months, so you have some time.
Sneaky bastard...

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Aug 27th, 2007 at 6:23 pm

Mouser wrote:Blizzard sucks gazelle dung because it lost its truly inspired developers before WoW came out. Then WoW became a run of the mill grind MMO seeking more and more revenue rather than focusing on fantastic gameplay like the previous Blizz titles. Its nothing more than a name now and you'd be well off to recognize that. It makes money now, not good games.

//edit
oh, and fallout does rock. Still haven't gotten to 3 yet, but I've had other free stuff in my way that has kept me from actually paying money for a game. I'll def get it at some point though.

I think you're being a bit harsh about Blizzard. Because the difference between them and someone like EA is night and day.

Sure they are out to make money, but they still make games that are fun to play and they still have the gamers interests in mind imo.

The fact that they still support almost all of their old games, not to mention the free Battle.net online service is way more than some companies offer.

Now contrast that with EA...I bought BF2 and then a couple months later it's more useless than a coaster. :roll:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

GameOver

Postby GameOver » Sep 3rd, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Mouser hates Blizzard now because he burned out on WoW.

Personally, I'm with those claiming Starcraft was a classic. How many games last as long as Starcraft has?

As for Fallout...best rpg ever. If Bathesda comes even close to hitting the mark set by the original two, it will be a badass game.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Sep 3rd, 2007 at 6:59 pm

im still playing starcraft every once in awhile btw blizzard is still patching sc1 also...just released 1.15.1

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 4th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

I've seen 2 *or tactics...can't remember* played...never played either. I really need to.

Return to “RTS/Strategy Games”