Supreme Commander

Any game that requires real-time strategy and planning, from StarCraft to Age of Empires to Chess can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Supreme Commander

Postby CyberPitz » Nov 26th, 2006 at 1:20 am

This game rocks. It's only a open beta, which is pretty bad at times, but the game rocks. It's meant for Multiplayer only, meaning you have to join their multiplayer platform and join off that, which I couldn't get to work.. Anyway, I'll get back to that later. Now the Links!

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/su ... nding.aspx -Gotta sign up, and download the 1.x gigabyte install.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/in ... &id=169013 -This is the crack for skirmish/LAN play, more info down below.

The game is the sequel to Total Annihilation. If you never played that, I rank it right under Starcraft in awesomness. You start with a central "Commander". He starts off the building process. You harvest Energy from generators, and mass from specific parts in the planet. You use those resources to build your uints/buildings/upgrades. They have a very awesome scale system going on. big units/buildings and small units/buildings. It works perfectly...I'll post some screenshots after this little tidbit of info.

There is a crack out for it that lets you play LAN and Scirmish. Though right now, the LAN part doesn't work, but you can Scirmish if you want. The computer is rather difficult on AI, since they are awesome microers..of course. Basically, if for some reason you can't play with people, get the patch, otherwise, don't worry about it. I wish I could play with people, but it just gives me a "Attempting To Connect" message for infinity.

Anyway, screenshots!

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Nov 26th, 2006 at 3:13 pm

I tried playing it and it would just stall after trying to join a game.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 26th, 2006 at 4:15 pm

Looks interesting.

Not sure if I want to Beta it though.
I really need to change this sig

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Dec 22nd, 2006 at 4:04 pm

Jeng wrote:Looks interesting.

Not sure if I want to Beta it though.

It's not so bad. It's great to see the changes take fold. An awesomely fun game.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Feb 21st, 2007 at 9:15 am

Well, the game is released, and it's a badass game. Anybody a fan of RTS's should pick this up.

Return to “RTS/Strategy Games”