Generally these will be links to Netflix (WI), so if you have Netflix you can watch these online (Watch Instantly).
Trading on Thin Air:
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Trading-on ... kid=222336
How do you feel about giving "credits" (i.e. money) to corps for progressing technologically the same as they would without those "credits"?
On a side note: How do you feel about Goldman-Sachs buying out Facebook? Highly notable is the fact that Goldman-Sachs (in the words of a professional (I'll try to find that video again but it's been some time since I watched that one, it was a professor speaking at a "high-end" college)), was one of the 2 investment banks to PROFIT off the economy collapse, even though they were one of the largest creators of the bubble which fucked our economy up.
And I'll end this post with a few quotes, many with my own opinions/ideas included with them:
- President James Madison:
- "History records that money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." e.g. Federal Reserve
- President Thomas Jefferson:
- "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - I don't know about you, but to me, the police are part of the government and in this day and age most people fear the police, whether it be from abuse or just plain corruption within departments, they have too much power and WAY TOO MUCH leniency.
- "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. " - e.g. What I do.
- "Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add “within the limits of the law,” because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. " - e.g. The United States Constitution/Bill of Rights/Amendments vs Border Patrol/Random Traffic Checkpoints/Anytime you are asked for I.D. with no sufficient reasoning (where they demand your "papers" a.k.a. ID).
- "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - *cough* National Security/Global Warming (To the extent they push it)/etc *cough*
- "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. " - Which in many ways it very-much-so has become. e.g. George Bush making it legal for the president alone to declare war, not involving congress.
- "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - I concur.
- "No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him. " - How many laws exist now that completely undermine this? Too many.
- "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - e.g. Adding "Under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance is exacting our government to a "specific" religion, and that is ENTIRELY unconstitutional as it undermines the Freedom of Religion. FYI: This was not done until the 1950's.
- "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Again, what I do.
- President John F. Kennedy:
- "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone." - To reiterate & reinforce all of those Thomas Jefferson quotes.
- "Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both." - Both
- "Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us." - I recommend looking more into our foreign policy, and those who control it, as they are non-elected, high-power individuals.
- "Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." - Speaks for itself.
- "My father always told me that all businessmen were sons of bitches, but I never believed it till now." - lol
- "Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." - And we SERIOUSLY need to take a look at our public education system, as it too is corrupted at the highest levels. When I do finally decide to have a child, he/she will be attending a private school, because private schools compete with each other to be better, public schools push all the money into the administrative sections and leave jack shit for teachers and students, in fact I have a movie for that (linked below quotes).
- "The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination (wide spreading) of truth."
- "The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution." - Speaks for itself.
- "The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings." - Yes you all know where I stand on this.
- "Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - Economic collapse anyone?
- President George Washington:
- ""My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from earth." -
- "It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it." - Considerable amount of current laws are covered by this statement.
- "In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened."
Ok, so I could easily sit here all night pulling quotes from presidents and scholars and many many other influential people, and just as easily I could correlate those to shit going on today...This is what I do with a good portion of my time anyway, but I am trying to watch the first linked movie/doc, so I'll leave you know with this information and the link to the other doc I mentioned above. I do personally feel that at this point, most of our system is corrupted and flawed (and yes I mean the entire system, from government to school to all forms of media), making the rich richer and the poor poorer. I do hope people realize that the majority of media, be it T.V.; the internet; newspapers, is owned at the highest end by 1 of 6 major companies, as are most of your regular household items (the companies that produce them), car manufacturers, and many many many other daily commodities.
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The-Cartel ... kid=222336
Just remember this, no matter how much you agree or disagree with things I say or think, I seek the truth and I seek justice/liberty for humans as a whole. Not to call anyone out, but asking me how this affects me personally isn't exactly a viable question, I don't think in terms of myself and only myself, I think in terms of my country as a whole, and humans as a species. I hate sheeple (sheep people) and I abhor ignorance, but I love my species and my planet (My isn't meant literally). I AM NOT anti-government/anti-military, I AM anti-corruption within government & when our military is used for hidden motives by corruption.