Which telecoms store your data?

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Which telecoms store your data?

Postby K2 » Sep 28th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Saw this article over at wired.com - http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/0 ... omer-data/

Dunno which is scarier, that these telecoms keep this kind of data for extended periods of time, or that the govt can access this data without a warrant. Bleh.

KillerClown

Re: Which telecoms store your data?

Postby KillerClown » Sep 28th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

That's kind of old news realistically. The government has been routing all information through an (AT&T) office in DC, they have software that can devour 10gb+ of data in a split-second and produces massive reports. You really should watch that "Invisible Empire" documentary I posted on the Norway thread, it may not all be fact, or true, but it will raise some serious questions that need to be answered.
It is literally becoming more and more apparent that our government, and/or those who REALLY control it, are achieving their goals at an ever-accelerating pace.
If you have Netflix there is a documentary on there called "The End of America" which shows how our country is heading in the same direction as Nazi Germany.
The Council on Foreign Affairs is the most dangerous entity which has massive control over our government, even the academic sectors of our country, and even over world affairs.

It's funny in some ways, such as when I argue with friends of mine because they disagree with things I think. But what makes it funny, is they get all offended, while I merely make statements about what I think. They come off with things like "everybody is entitled to their opinion", when all I did was make a statement, I didn't deny any persons their right to come to their own conclusions or such. People are too trained to brush off anything that doesn't come straight off their TV or from their nations leaders. Trained to condemn anyone who thinks outside the box.

I've been saying it for years now, people need to wake the fuck up and take some responsibility for their country, too many people "don't care", they blindly follow what's told to them as if they were sheep in a flock, and that is about what most people are equivalent to.

Warrant-less wiretapping, warrant-less data tapping, police state-like actions taken against peaceful protesting, high-level censorship of media, talks of merging currencies in different nations around the world, the intentional devaluing of the American dollar, the list goes on and on.

For those religious people, who believe in the Bible/God, if you really think about what is happening, we are racing towards Revelations. One world government, one world money, one world military...these are the goals of those high in power...these are also signs/marks of the beginning of the end. (Even though I'm not religious, per se, I do know a little about the bible etc, only in my older years have I really detested religion, modern religions at least.)

The saddest part of all of this will come the day when they "seriously" enact Marshall Law, when millions of U.S. citizens will fight against, what will likely be, the government, military, and even these 3rd party combat groups that have started to be hired (how fucking pathetically obvious of a scam is it that we "outsource" military work? It's because they have no repercussions to their actions, they are backed/paid by those in power). When military personnel start killing U.S. citizens because "it's their job". And anyone who knows me knows that I'm not against the average military personnel, most have good intentions, but they still serve/follow orders without question.

I could keep going but I think I'm going to stop here, think I got my point across in a general aspect. :P

Edit: I want to add, we need to end the prohibition on drugs in this country. We are literally allowing the government (more-so those who control the govt) to make decisions for us, even lying to us in the process. Tobacco, Alcohol, and (probably extensively) Prescription Drug Manufacturing Companies lobby billions of $ to keep drugs outlawed so you can only get what they want you to have. I'm tired of seeing these drug commercials on TV talking about take this for your headache (May cause headache, diarrhea, shortness of breath, collapsed lung, anal leakage, erectile dysfunction, swelling of the legs arms and hands, mood swings, abnormal birth defects, kidney failure, liver failure, lung malfunction, mental incapacitation, death, and fuck knows what else), 100's of times more dangerous than natural substances, like marijuana, which has 0 KNOWN/RECORDED fatalities from use, and treats pain, anxiety, insomnia, and many other ailments (not specifically the same for each person, much like synthetic drugs). Laws against marijuana alone (which is in the same class as Crack and Heroin, supposedly deadly, a hallucinogen, and supposedly no medical benefits (regardless of years of research in other countries)) cost our nation billions of $'s a year, it is estimated to be a $30bil/year industry that our nation could be taking advantage of (not specifically in THC, but with the savings from the cut in people being jailed for petty/harmless crimes and the fact hemp is a highly useful resource), that means (at this point anyway) we could get our nation out of debt in ONLY ~40 years (considering we have a national debt somewhere above $14trillion, that is pretty fast).

Here's some mind-numbing images.. :P

2015-Projected

Accumulating $9 trillion in debt in 11 years. That's almost twice the amount of national debt our country accumulated over the previous 230+ years, gg? No bg, vbg.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 28th, 2011 at 11:23 pm

You really know how to hijack a thread KC...

And all military personnel "still serve/follow orders without question" - really? You've never served KC so how the fuck would you know?

I get it that we have some serious issues in this country and specially with certain parts of our government, but all this stuff you're regurgitating, 99% of it is just stuff you've read or heard from some other person. How much of ANY of this have you experienced first-hand or been a part of directly? Which parts of this can you directly verify, honestly?

All of the years running this site and the forum here, there's really only been two things that I can recall of the top of my head that I've hotly and vehemently debated - the running of this site and the games/servers associated with it, and the war in Iraq. Why? Because it's something I had a direct hand in, I was there, and I didn't get my info second-hand or read it from some website; I was right there doing the things I did. So whatever opinions or comments I made were from direct knowledge and experience. I don't debate healthcare or crazy taxes or wall street or any of that other shit because frankly, I really don't know other than what I happen to catch on the news, which isn't saying a whole helluva lot. And neither do you and neither does anyone else that visits here. Weirdo.

Off my soapbox. Back on topic - sX don't use Verizon. They're saving all of your homosexual txt messages to EML.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 29th, 2011 at 1:30 am

Lol, totally not a hijack, completely related, you started it with "the govt can access this data without a warrant" :D , more-so related by the AT&T numbers though. :P

You said you don't argue that which you don't have 'direct knowledge/experience' (not exactly a quote), or as you said "really don't know other than what I happen to catch on the news". Notice I'm not arguing taxes or healthcare or any of that crap either, because I don't know much/anything about that stuff. I've spent a lot of time researching/reviewing ass-loads of information. Not only documentaries, but also any other resource that is at least somewhat reliable, declassified documents, the actions of powerful people/groups, history, etc.

Most of this affects everyone, not just me, that was kind of the point. All information is received secondhand and regurgitated, that's kind of the primary way to spread information :P. And as I've said many times, I don't stand by everything I've read/watched/heard, I take all of the current information I have and any more that I can gather in relation to the subject and evaluate it for myself, come to my own conclusions. Unfortunately I, by no means, have the resources by which to travel and gather the information, if I did, I would. Being able to directly prove some of this would be nearly impossible for an individual like me. But I can't directly prove a lot of things that I'm told by the media are true either.

It's not weird to really want to know the truth or to think things others may not. :P

BTW: I thought everyone gave up reading my long posts a long time ago. I generally think most of what I say will get ignored, but hey the forum, in a way, serves as a log for my thoughts, I go back from time to time and reflect on things I've talked about, not just here but other forums/places in which I have discussions (and babbling) about random odd subjects or ideas. ;p

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Seems like it's time to update the forum security. :P

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I read every post that finds its way to my site. Even yours KC :P Some I just choose to not reply to. Goddamn man your 'norway bombing' post was brutal...

And yeah it seems a couple new bots or bot-like profiles have slipped in again. I had just updated my IP deny list what, a month ago? These last two appear to have come from India. Easy enough to add the IP/domain to the deny list, just need to go thru and do it. Bleh.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 30th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I touch on a lot of subjects most people either "don't care" about, or don't have the time to look into themselves, or some that I'm just curious about.
I don't recall saying a whole lot in that Norway post though, just 1 early thought. I have also been known to say some things from time to time just to see what response/reaction it gets, though that's not very often.

Return to “General Discussion”