OBL's Demise - celebrate or not?

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

G$
Benefactor

OBL's Demise - celebrate or not?

Postby G$ » May 9th, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Don't misunderstand my question - I'm relieved he is gone. Not sure what it accomplishes at this late date but better in God's hands than lurking and planning. My question is about the celebrations. I feel uncomfortable celebrating death, even of an enemy. How about you?

K2
Administrator

Re: OBL's Demise - celebrate or not?

Postby K2 » May 9th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I've seen a couple posts about it via my wife's facebook account. She has had a couple friends lament about how 'disgusted' they are about people celebrating bin laden's death. I had to take pause and forcibilly refrain from postiing a comment.

Here's my take, and if you agree or don't agree, that's OK. But I can guarantee you 99.9% of all these 'omfg I can't believe you're throwing a party because bin laden is dead' rants are from people who have never been in the kind of situation where they were about to be killed by someone who would stop at nothing to see you dead. Or have had a loved one killed or hurt by a terrorist. Or been in any kind of situation where it was either them or you.

Will you see me out in the street cheering and partying because bin laden is dead? No. Let's just say I like to keep things low-key. Good riddance bin laden, you piece of shit fucktard.

Return to “General Discussion”