HF LAN #8 discussion

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

K2
Administrator

HF LAN #8 discussion

Postby K2 » Apr 2nd, 2009 at 5:25 pm

OK folks. I am definitely going to be driving thru Austin and Dallas this June on my way to Vermont. Exact dates are unknown right now, but it'll be in the later half of June.

Do you guys want to try and do HF LAN #8? And if so, would ya prefer Dallas or Austin?

I'm not looking for a big production like #6 was... I am thinking more along the lines of #2.

We're gonna need a spot and some hardware. I can bring a 24 port switch, but my servers are in Oklahoma.

Lemme know what ya think, and whatever suggestions you can come up with.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Apr 2nd, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Austin, FTW!!

So Spudboy can take us to his restaurant and we can eat :D

of course I will walk out on my tab.. that's just the way I do things..

I haven't been to Austin in a while either..
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Nad

Postby Nad » Apr 2nd, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Doubt I could make it, but Austin would definitely be out of the question.

If it is in Dallas, I would try to plan a weekend getaway with the wife and spend an afternoon hanging out with ya'll.

I'm still waiting on Lan Underwater down here in New Orleans.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 2nd, 2009 at 11:46 pm

I wouldn't miss it for anything. It'd have to be on a weekend, and I might have to call in sick to work on the Friday before, but it's only an eight hour drive to Dallas (Austin would add over 2 1/2 hours onto my trip, meh). I'd be going right through the middle of Oklahoma Keith. Where are the servers? I might be able to swing by and pick them up on the way.

-Grant.

Jman

Postby Jman » Apr 3rd, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Keep us posted on that.. We're actually doing a LAN on Memorial Weekend (May 22 - 25)... It's our 10th annual. We used to do three/year, but as time passed we dropped it down to just one, and Memorial Weekend just seemed to be the only 3-day holiday that wives and employers would let their hubbies roam free. We're always burnt after the LAN so I can't say we'll be of much help with this one.

Also, Jordan and I usually go surfing in Indonesia at the end of June/early July; the waves break perfectly there that time of year, and my best friend manages a place called "G-Land" so all we pay for is our flight there and back.

So, that's kinda how it works; we snap that LAN at the end of May, recuperate for a month, then catch a flight overseas. Hopefully you'll come early/mid June so we can do some partying Keith.

Jason

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 3rd, 2009 at 11:43 pm

That sounds like a lot of fun ;)

There's no way I can be out there in early June. I can't leave the island til June 10th, and I have a couple stops along the way before I reach Texas. Looks like we'll probably miss each other. But no worries, at least I'll FINALLY be on the mainland, for good. Six and a half years was long enough.

The one time we had the HF LAN in Austin was at Rad-Man's house. I doubt we could do it there again, heh. It would be nice to go and chill at Spud's restaurant tho.

I need everyone to chime in and lemme know where we could possibly do this at - I think most of ya are in Dallas, right?

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Apr 4th, 2009 at 1:11 am

No. I'm located here in San Shitonio.

HURRAH!

Therefore everyone must go to Austin..

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Jman

Postby Jman » Apr 4th, 2009 at 9:06 am

K2 wrote:That sounds like a lot of fun ;)

There's no way I can be out there in early June. I can't leave the island til June 10th, and I have a couple stops along the way before I reach Texas. Looks like we'll probably miss each other.

We'll see how things transpire.. I mean sometimes we don't leave till early July; it depends on the waves, and Jordan's work schedule.

I keep forgetting you live in Hawaii.. When you said, "the mainland", I was thinking.. "what is he talking about ?" lol..

We do our LAN's in a rental property that we empty out; doesn't make sense to pay good money for a hotel, and then you're stuck with all the Hoteliers. Wonder if that's actually a word ?

You guys are more than welcome to come to this LAN in May; we still have slots available. Just go to www.powersgaming.com and click on the girl's tatt. We put up a forum last August about the LAN. Read "Event Info and Schedule"...

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Apr 4th, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Austin b/c everything is so much closer!

SaGe^KS

Re:

Postby SaGe^KS » Apr 5th, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Suck. wrote:I wouldn't miss it for anything.

ya you only missed the first seven... Not sure who has more "i am so going..." no shows

you

or MeMGhost^KS

... time to go back under my rock
SaGe^KS

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Re: HF LAN #8 discussion

Postby Oreo » Apr 6th, 2009 at 12:32 am

Not a far drive from Denver!!!!!!!! ..................

Problem is, I don't even play CS anymore. What games would even be active at the LAN? :P

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 6th, 2009 at 12:53 am

Like every other LAN we've ever had, anything goes. There's usually a primary game, but that doesn't matter.

Left 4 Dead would probably be a big hit. CSS as well. I personally like playing TF2 still. And I'm sure there'd be some WoW ppl as well.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Apr 6th, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Austin is fine by me.

My main issue is my old ass PC that I'm not replacing anytime soon. I might just only bring my PS3 lol.

Or I maybe I could trade sX his PC for a brand new cowboy hat...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Prefer Dallas, with a newborn and all.

You would be welcome to stay with us if you like, Keith, as long as you don't mind a couple little ones running around. :)
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Return to “General Discussion”