K2 is coming home

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Jennthrotull
K2's better half

K2 is coming home

Postby Jennthrotull » Feb 19th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Hey all - just to let everyone know, K2 is on his way home from Iraq. Barring calamity, he will be back in Hawaii later tonight.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Feb 19th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

WOOT! :D

-Grant.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Finally the old fuck is coming home.

Give him a big wet kiss for me.

I mean that in the gayest way possible, too.

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Nad

Postby Nad » Feb 19th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

About time, and I take it he isn't going back. Welcome home Keith.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:23 am

K twooo!

Welcome back to home soil man!
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Thx all. I am back in Hawaii *finally* - never have to go back to the suck ever again. My time with the military is up this June.

So where do ya'll frag at now? I wont be getting online to play for quite some time yet, but let me know where ya frequent nowand what titles you're playing.

I'm home! :D

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Feb 20th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Well since you're married and all now, I guess we're going to have to cancel the strippers, the LAN party and EML's strip tease with his infamous reindeer suit.

Oh well..

So where you going to lay your brick at, K2?

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Feb 20th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Relic, TXA, Oreo, Predator (if I can get his ass unbanned for his mad h4x), and I play CSS at the Old Bastards Clan [OBC] servers. Actually, Relic and I are in the same platoon, and TXA just joined as well and is currently in boot camp. They offer a variety of server and game types, and you can see a CSS server listing here (although the clan represents several titles across different genres). I usually play at the Atlanta Pub (72.5.86.215:27015). OBC is more or less a social clan with opportunities to play competitively, with the only requirement to join that you be at least 25 years old. We do have competitive teams though, and within each division (game), the different platoons compete in seasonal tournaments (currently in the middle of Winter Madness -- yes, our platoon is at the top of the ladder ;)). They're a great crew, and just hanging out on Vent is a blast. </shameless plug>

I also play CoD:World at War and occasionally CoD4 on search and destroy tactical realism servers run by the Defenders of Valor [DoV] (server listing on page). It's TR, but they're not as heavy handed as many of the TR servers out there, and the rules are more realistic (i.e. you can sprint if you need to get somewhere fast, you can blind throw nades into rooms if you're clearing them, you don't have to always walk around crouched everywhere you go, etc.). The CoD:WaW IP is 66.225.198.114:28960. Another good group of guys, and I usually hang out with them on Teamspeak when I'm playing there.

The game that's getting most of my time though is the BattleForge Beta. If anyone's interested, it may still be possible to get a key. It's basically a card game crossed with a RTS, kinda like Magic the Gathering meets Starcraft. Fun stuff. It's being developed by Phenomic (great, responsive developers) in association with EA.

-Grant.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Feb 20th, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Welcome back K2.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:50 pm

WELCOME HOME!!! Glad you made it, and I hope that rash cleared up before Jenn had to see it.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Feb 21st, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Suck. wrote:Relic, TXA, Oreo, Predator (if I can get his ass unbanned for his mad h4x), and I play CSS at the Old Bastards Clan [OBC] servers. Actually, Relic and I are in the same platoon, and TXA just joined as well and is currently in boot camp. They offer a variety of server and game types, and you can see a CSS server listing here (although the clan represents several titles across different genres). I usually play at the Atlanta Pub (72.5.86.215:27015). OBC is more or less a social clan with opportunities to play competitively, with the only requirement to join that you be at least 25 years old. We do have competitive teams though, and within each division (game), the different platoons compete in seasonal tournaments (currently in the middle of Winter Madness -- yes, our platoon is at the top of the ladder ;)). They're a great crew, and just hanging out on Vent is a blast. </shameless plug>

I also play CoD:World at War and occasionally CoD4 on search and destroy tactical realism servers run by the Defenders of Valor [DoV] (server listing on page). It's TR, but they're not as heavy handed as many of the TR servers out there, and the rules are more realistic (i.e. you can sprint if you need to get somewhere fast, you can blind throw nades into rooms if you're clearing them, you don't have to always walk around crouched everywhere you go, etc.). The CoD:WaW IP is 66.225.198.114:28960. Another good group of guys, and I usually hang out with them on Teamspeak when I'm playing there.

The game that's getting most of my time though is the BattleForge Beta. If anyone's interested, it may still be possible to get a key. It's basically a card game crossed with a RTS, kinda like Magic the Gathering meets Starcraft. Fun stuff. It's being developed by Phenomic (great, responsive developers) in association with EA.

-Grant.

True, I play there on my different account as impact johny but keep it on the DL so i dont get banned again :P.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Feb 21st, 2009 at 6:24 pm

heh, figured you were still around. Of course my lips are sealed. Still waiting to hear back from my platoon leader on your ban status btw. There are an awful lot of people in the clan who think your ban is bullshit.

-Grant.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Feb 22nd, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I haven't played CS in a while, but when I do it's on OBC.

I've mostly been playing call of duty, world at war. On 10th mountain division tactical team deathmatch. Mainly because it's hardcore, no swearing, always full, has admins, and the server is located in Denver (which is where I live) so the ping is fantastic.

I was also in on the Quake Live closed beta, which I've been playing from time to time. It hits open beta on the 24th. Quake Live is basically quake 3 (modded) and runs from a web browser. The game is a lot more fun than I expected, even if it is just Quake 3.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Feb 22nd, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Ya the qlive beta is fun. Also ODB servers blow i mean who in the hell has bastards in their name and doesnt allow cursing. If i wanted to play with a bunch of guys going through male menopause and curseword sensitive I'd visit the nursing home :twisted:

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Feb 22nd, 2009 at 8:23 pm

No swearing? I mean, really? Are these Christian servers?

SUCH BS..

I think I was already banned from there. Fuck the fucking, fuckers.

Oh and if you do like non-swearing servers..

You're a pussy.

:)
(o )^( o) Tetas.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:31 pm

I was telling my friend about this server. He goes "know it, already been banned from there" It's one thing to prevent racist remarks on a server. Its quite another to prevent swearing in a game where the entire point is to KILL another person. "its ok to kill kids, just use clean language while you do it" Guess what? War is hell, and so's the language.

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:19 pm

welcome home K2!!11

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:12 pm

;)

I havent even pulled my laptop outta its case yet (using Jenn's). I'll probably set it up and hop on steam or IRC this weekend.

No swearing? what the fuck man, that's pretty gay.

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:56 pm

get some L4D goin!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Yeah a couple of my guys play it, they say it's sweet. I'll probably check it out.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 9:27 pm

LOVE L4D. New maps are coming. YAY.

TY K2 for verifying that no cursing is gay.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Nad

Postby Nad » Feb 23rd, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Ya'll are gonna have me reinstalling some old games before too much longer :)
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:19 am

Heya K2, welcome home an all, can ya update the fricken (that count as swearing?) page?

Although it is pretty humorous seeing Dragon Age as a possible 2007 game when it still hasn't been freakin released.

Tim~

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Done and done.

PumpActionJackson

Postby PumpActionJackson » Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:12 am

Welcome home K2!!! L4D is definitely where it is at right now. Still rockin some CS:S and a little TF2 every once in awhile. Hit me up on steam this weekend if you wanna get some games in. 8)
You might recognize me. I am the black guy from PREDATOR.

Return to “General Discussion”