How Obama got elected

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Campsalot

How Obama got elected

Postby Campsalot » Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:39 am

Spare me the answer of "because he got more votes". This goes into how he got more votes. All it takes is a man that is a good talker, can make himself sound better on TV than the opponent, and a media that is biased toward him/her and it's no wonder so many people voted for him.

Watch Here

(btw.. i don't lump the "educated" people into this group. I firmly believe that all those educated people that voted for this guy truly believe the nonsense he talked about on the campaign trail. We are already starting to see, in his cabinet appointments, that he is not going to be the "man of change" he made himself out to be.)

Camps

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:38 am

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 21st, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Get over it. I can ask 5000 people on the street same kind of questions about McCain they wouldn't know shit either. Retarded video to make sore losers feel better.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 21st, 2008 at 4:35 pm

As of today it looks like Hillary is going to accept the Secretary of State position. Nice "change" Mr. Obama. Looks like the Clinton era is back!

Nad

Postby Nad » Nov 21st, 2008 at 4:49 pm

The Obama campaign was a scam, and all it did was get the Clinton administration back in power.

Watch them spend the next 2 months down playing all of their promises, and telling the public why they cannot do all of the things they said they would do.

I can't wait for all of the Obama fanbois to wake up and realize that they've been had.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Can't be worse than the past 8 years of Bush, I'm not saying that if I got to pick anyone as President Obama would be my pick, but right now I just might take Ted Kennedy over a Republican, especially one who agrees with Bush as much as McCain did on Iraq.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:31 pm

The sky is falling!

Tim~

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 23rd, 2008 at 8:40 am

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Nov 24th, 2008 at 3:40 am

And that's why I love Puppy..

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Relic

Postby Relic » Nov 24th, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Its no suprise really.

The key here is that no oen asked Obama any tough questions. He was elevated by the media and protected.

The real question I wanted to know was HOW he was going to bring change.

How are you going to create jobs?

How are you going to lower my taxes?

How are you going to pay for all these new programs?

I could go on. This party will end up much like the Whigs. And I can look forward to another 12 years of a conservative government when he is done with his first term.

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 24th, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Yeah he was "protected" no one was allowed to falsely imply that he was a terrorist or anything bad, it was all censored......

I love all you wonderful Republican "Americans", Obama won, and you all want him to fuck up, way to look out for your country.....

I'm hoping he at least puts us on the right path, I'd be hoping the same thing if McCain won, I'm not exactly loving our current situation.....

Tim~

Nad

Postby Nad » Nov 24th, 2008 at 10:37 pm

I'm hoping he does well, and I'm praying for him to do well, but I sincerely doubt he will keep many of his promises. The next 4 years are going to be about all of the naive twenty year olds that voted for Obama realizing that just because a politician said it on TV doesn't mean he is legally bound to do it, and the blacks realizing that having a black president doesn't mean they get to move out of the hood and into mansions, you have to get a job if you want success in this world.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 25th, 2008 at 8:54 am

Well really, what president HAS kept all his promises? Bush was re-elected on the fear of terror and the promise that he would "take care of it", all he managed to do was catch a dictator in ANOTHER country while ignoring the ones who were responsible. Another country WE are paying to clean up while they sit on a huge surplus of money.....

Really McCain or Obama I don't think would/will have done worse than the walking ego that is George Bush. I'm pretty sure both presidential candidates would be willing to admit they made mistakes, and will/would be willing to listen to people other than the ones telling them what they wanted to hear.

I just think McCain would have kept feeding Haliburton/Blackwater and really those fucks need to be cut off fast before they stage a hostile takeover. They already own the Republican party, and probably a good share of the Dems as well. A tactical strike could have taken care of both the Afghanistan and the Iraq problems, but full scale war is much more beneficial to those who gain from occupational forces. Unfortunately some jackass (I'm trying to figure out who made the change from military to civilian for most occupational jobs) took the work from our enlisted men and women and decided it would be better to pay civillians more to do the same work.......

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 25th, 2008 at 9:39 pm

I'm just glad I'll live in the country with an educated president.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 25th, 2008 at 10:25 pm

I always come to hardfought before forming any political opinion because nothing helps legitimize and shape my views like a bunch of guys I know from playing video games online...
EatMoreLead aka EML

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 25th, 2008 at 11:32 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:I always come to hardfought before forming any political opinion because nothing helps legitimize and shape my views like a bunch of guys I know from playing video games online...

I think its fantastic here. Every single person who posts is a certified expert in every field of social and political science. Their comments can be taken as gospel and concrete fact.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Nov 26th, 2008 at 12:01 am

Holy shit! Yall play video games?!?!

What the fuck, man..

Where the hell was I?

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Nad

Postby Nad » Nov 26th, 2008 at 12:25 am

Haven't played a video game in 9 months :P

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 26th, 2008 at 5:10 am

Relic wrote:Its no suprise really.

The key here is that no oen asked Obama any tough questions. He was elevated by the media and protected.

The real question I wanted to know was HOW he was going to bring change.

How are you going to create jobs?

How are you going to lower my taxes?

How are you going to pay for all these new programs?

I could go on. This party will end up much like the Whigs. And I can look forward to another 12 years of a conservative government when he is done with his first term.

EXACTLY! Hope is jack shit without action. Hope for change got him the position lets see what he does.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 26th, 2008 at 10:14 am

EatMoreLead wrote:I always come to hardfought before forming any political opinion because nothing helps legitimize and shape my views like a bunch of guys I know from playing video games online...

But asking gamers for fashion advice is ok?

:P

Tim~

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 26th, 2008 at 10:53 am

EML = ownt by Timmy.

The forums here have always been a place where anyone can freely express their views on any subject they choose, so long as no laws are broken, or no physical harm is caused to another person or their property (I mention that because of some past posts by another who wont be named, who posted links to sites that infected others systems). Now, whether or not others agree is entirely subjective. And how they decide to ridicule you based on your comments is also subjective.

Besides, anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that when you debate religion or politics with another person or group, all you're doing is reinforcing your own beliefs against an opposing view. It doesn't matter how intelligent or how well constructed the opposing argument is - you will disagree with it, and nothing the other party says will change your mind. YOU will always think you are right, and god help anyone else who doesn't subscribe to your point of view.

And I *really* wanna voice my opinion here, but it just ain't worth it. Have fun kids...

Nad

Postby Nad » Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:47 am

Donkey shows are wrong Keith, no matter how much you enjoy them, and there is nothing you can say to convince us otherwise.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 26th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Nad wrote:Donkey shows are wrong Keith, no matter how much you enjoy them, and there is nothing you can say to convince us otherwise.

I found the Donkey show in Clerks 2 quite entertaining :P And wasn't there "almost" a Donkey show in some old Tom Hanks comedy? The one with Tawny Kitaen before she got all weird looking.

Tim~

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 27th, 2008 at 12:26 am

Keith, you are right. You have opened my eyes and I thank you for that.

:)
EatMoreLead aka EML

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Nov 29th, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Nad wrote:Donkey shows are wrong Keith, no matter how much you enjoy them, and there is nothing you can say to convince us otherwise.

Now now now, no need to ruin everybody's fun!

Return to “General Discussion”