VP choices..

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Phoenix
Elite Member

VP choices..

Postby Phoenix » Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Thoughts?

I like Obama for getting an attack dog, yet at the same time it means another year of both sides shitting on each other. I know McCain was gonna beat up on Obama so he needed this, but it still sucks that the first presidential candidate that I really believed in is basically admitting with this pick that he is gonna go negative.

As for McCain's pick, let the pandering to the women begin. I don't know much about her relative to Biden but I must say this looks like a pick to try and solidify the votes of all those Hillary voters who still don't want to vote for Obama.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Nad

Postby Nad » Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:10 pm

She is pro life, pro guns, pro hunting, pro fishing, pro drilling, and with 5 kids, a pro in bed. What more could you ask for in a VP candidate?
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:17 pm

Nad wrote:She is pro life, pro guns, pro hunting, pro fishing, pro drilling, and with 5 kids, a pro in bed. What more could you ask for in a VP candidate?

Her to get in the kitchen and bake me a pie? Honestly, I am blown away by this woman. Never heard of her before, and the best that any in the media can find wrong with her is to point to an allegation she fired someone who wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law trooper. Though there is an investigation pending, she says "bring it on, because I did not do this." Thats stones and I love it.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Aug 30th, 2008 at 6:06 am

Is McCain even running anymore? I haven't seen him for a while, now all I see is some muppet who lost everything he said he stood for. He's really making it easy for Obama by letting Bush's team make this another '04. Although with the Diebold "hack me please" paperless voting machines all our elections could come down to who has the most/best hackers.

Tim~

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Aug 30th, 2008 at 6:08 am

I don't think eiither of them picked a VP for what the VP is, a potential replacement. They both picked VPs that would help them get votes.

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 31st, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Yes, both picks were to get votes. McCain's every move is plain as day.

Obama's pick will play strong in the VP debates. Biden will do a lot better than Palin. If he doesn't it will be a disaster for Obama.

I wish I could vote. This is actually an election I would take part in....
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Aug 31st, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Its like picking between 2 piles of shit and picking which smells the best. I dislike either candidate but I'd rather McCain get it. Obama is a bit too fishy for me.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Aug 31st, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Miracl3 wrote:Its like picking between 2 piles of shit and picking which smells the best. I dislike either candidate but I'd rather McCain get it. Obama is a bit too fishy for me.

I keep telling people I'm not voting for McCain, I am voting against Obama simply for this reason.

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Aug 31st, 2008 at 11:50 pm

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 1st, 2008 at 2:25 am

Sad. People would rather see at least 4 more years of the WORST foreign policy and by a president who knows nothing but military. God save us.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:15 am

Ouch, Palin is turning out to be a very bad choice. She's making all the Rep's flip statements and of course they're being caught doing it. Now if Obama would run an equally bad campaign, we might have hope for independents that actually have a clue and don't spout the same tried and true rhetoric our two party system has for the last few decades.

Tim~

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Timmy wrote:Ouch, Palin is turning out to be a very bad choice. She's making all the Rep's flip statements and of course they're being caught doing it.

Tim~

Wait, what?

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Suddenly teenage pregnancy is a "family matter" and not subject to ridicule, having no experience is fine now, oh and "the media" attacking a woman candidate is bad too. Not to mention some of her own babble, like saying the war in Iraq was a god chosen war (crusades part deux?).

I dunno, barring Diebolt machine hacking, I think Obama has this one in the bag as long as he doesn't start calling people cracker or rob a liquor store. The Reps have all but shot themselves in the foot this election. Even Newt Gingrich said if they run the campaign the same way they've done for the last decade, they'll lose.

Tim~

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Timmy wrote:Suddenly teenage pregnancy is a "family matter" and not subject to ridicule, having no experience is fine now, oh and "the media" attacking a woman candidate is bad too. Not to mention some of her own babble, like saying the war in Iraq was a god chosen war (crusades part deux?).

I dunno, barring Diebolt machine hacking, I think Obama has this one in the bag as long as he doesn't start calling people cracker or rob a liquor store. The Reps have all but shot themselves in the foot this election. Even Newt Gingrich said if they run the campaign the same way they've done for the last decade, they'll lose.

Tim~

Wow thats not arrogant. Obama is behind in the latest CBBS poll even before McCain takes the stage. HAvinga teenage pregnacy always was a family matter, I never heard anyone say anything other to the contrary. Being a Governor, and I will grant you only 22 months, is a hell of a lot more experience than being a Freshmen Senator with NO LEGISLATION to speak of. I never had a problem with attacking a candidate, male or female. SO long as it was on the issues they stand for, not wether they will be able to be an adequate parent in office(did anyone ever ask John Kennedy that?), or wether, and I am not making this shit it, it was in the New York Post, she plans on breast feeding her child while shes in office. Christ, lets just ask her if she plans on ever having sex again while we're at it. After all, we know that working moms have no time for family, so obviously thats going to be an issue to.

I for one would like to see Obama actually tell me EXACTLY what hes going to do, other than curing disease, poverty and famine if he's president.

EDIT: here's part of that poll.

McCain maintains his large advantage on the likelihood of being an effective commander-in-chief - 46 percent of voters say it is "very likely" McCain would be an effective commander-in-chief, compared to 24 percent who say that about Obama.

But McCain still has one big deficit to make up -- just 44 percent of voters say he understands their needs and problems, compared with 60 percent who say that about Obama.

Whats does that say when 1 out of 4 people don't think you'll be able to be Commander-in-Chief of this country? To me, what this poll that shows this race so close means that its the difference between electing someone more like GW or someone less like GW.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:56 pm

- Irrelevant -

I finally hit my 1,000th post.

It only took me almost 6 years (to the month)

Eat it, bitches.

---------

I'm voting for Danger Girl and MEAT for president. TY.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:57 pm

sX wrote:- Irrelevant -

I finally hit my 1,000th post.

It only took me almost 6 years (to the month)

Eat it, bitches.

---------

I'm voting for Danger Girl and MEAT for president. TY.

Impossible. Sphagetti monster will never stand for this.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 5th, 2008 at 12:02 am

JayPhat wrote:Being a Governor, and I will grant you only 22 months, is a hell of a lot more experience than being a Freshmen Senator with NO LEGISLATION to speak of...

OK, I can't sit on the sidelines on this topic anymore. Jay - quit reading and listening to only what you want to read/listen to. There are prominent republicans spreading that crap, either because they are misinformed, or are saying it on purpose, which is even worse.

So, lets educate you. First, my fav place for info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama#Stat ... .80.932004 - start there and read on down. A lot of people like to forget that Obama was a state legislator before he joined the US Senate.

Here's another informative link - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03303.html

You can google 'obama legislation' and find nearly 5 million hits. So feel free to data mine to your hearts content.

Anyone catch the Bill O'Reilly show tonight? He had a sitdown one-on-one interview with Obama, they showed part one of it. I personally don't care for O'Reilly (my dad thinks he's the second coming of Christ, hah), but he does make some good points from time to time. He launched a no-holds-barred questionnaire at Obama, asked him some tough questions, and Obama actually did alright - even Bill said so, as did some of the Fox news analysts after that piece.

Anyways - quit being sheep. Stop hopping on whatever party bandwagon you subscribe to and follow their every utterance like it was gospel - it isn't. Use your brain, follow what these candidates say and do, and make your own informed opinion. This whole inexperience issue is stupid - it's not like there's a pre-president boot camp you can go to, is there? Dubya had all this congressional/leadership experience before he was elected, right? And look where that dumbass has taken us.

So, in a nutshell: Obama - has some great ideas, but he's gonna need help implementing them, especially abroad. That's where Biden steps in, if he can keep his mouth shut long enough to actually get things done. Obama seriously is our next best hope to pull this country out of the hole that the Bush administration has dug us into.

McCain - greatly respect his service and endurance, having to live in the 'Hanoi Hilton' for nearly 7 years, but that does not a leader make. About as intellectual as Dubya (both graduated nearly last in their class, and it shows when they don't have a script in front of them). The only thing he'll be good at is taking America into WWIII. Palin is actually a breath of fresh air - aggressive, doesnt take any shit, has intelligence... but unfortunately she's directing all of her energy into smear tactics against Obama (much like the rest of the GOP). Biden is going to wipe the floor with her come the VP debate in October.

If the GOP stays on the path they've taken, get ready all you bleeding heart republicans, cuz it's gonna be Obama/Biden in 2008.

And Jay - wake up.
Last edited by K2 on Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:22 am

K2 took the words out of my mouth, almost exactly. I honestly feel absolutely no need to add anything to it but I will anyway. Otherwise my post would be useless trash. Now it's just a little bit above that. :D

I do not side with either party, I vote for who I think will do the best for the position and has the most ideals that match with my own.

Watching McCain's speech tonight and listening to him blunder over his own words, put out his war record on a silver platters for everyone to eat up again (as if the self proclaming in every single speech wasn't enough), and bash Obama's "inexperience" compared to a 37 year old hot female with a preggo 17 year old daughter made me laugh a few times. The same voice, monologue, speech mistakes, and waiting for applause before it even happens just made me sick. It was like seeing Bush with a turtle head. "Check out my War Record *wink*, it means I'm a good president because I fought for the USA. Does that mean K2 is qualified now?

I think that one of the most important things for the image of america is to have a president that can actually have a brain and speak clearly, especially on TV. McCain is already failing in that aspect. The fact that he agrees with almost everything Bush has done puts me even further away from him. Why would we seriously want another Bush? Bush had 8 years and failed on like every single day he had in office.

Watching Obama I get the different type of feeling. I don't agree with many of the things he wants to do, or I find the usage of the money he will spend to be irritating or misplaced, but at least he can speak. At least he has a mind. At least there is opportunity there for the USA economy, image, and change that we really do need.

If it fails, at least it's only 4 years if he's not re-elected (should he get the presidency). The only way it could really get any worse is through McCain since he has the same exact ideals we tried for the last 8 years. Sure he might be good at figuring out the rest of the war, which is very important, but what about our economy that's gone straight to the shitter? Tax cuts on oil, the rich, and leaving out the majority of the population? Doesn't really make sense. Neither choice is amazing, but it's not like the Bush/Kerry race where both sucked so much ass it was almost easier to just eat some dog shit and feel good about it than to vote. At least this time there's a clear choice (so far, there are still the debates which I find to be the most decision changing thing there is).

Obama: Change, try something new, ability to speak, looks good on camera. May not have the war/heavy decision making experience. Decent VP candidate to balance (but not replace).

McCain: Same old thing, might figure out the war, can't speak, looks ridiculous on camera. Horrible VP decision, makes me not want to vote for him specifically for the VP pick. During her sarcasm and bullying of Obama she seemed to have forgotten to tell us why she was the best pick for VP.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:34 am

It was Bill O'Reilly who lambasted Jamie Lynn Spears publicly on his show for her teen pregnancy, then when a Republibot has a teenage pregnant child it's suddenly a "private family affair".

Personally I don't like Palin, she comes off like some self righteous bitch who attacks everyone she feels isn't being her idea of a perfect person all while her own kitchen is a mess.

Oh and Jay, I could find 20 polls saying Obama is ahead, and 20 polls saying McCain is ahead, shit, I could probably find a poll saying an independent is ahead. Polls are generally less acurate than weatherpeople, even with the 50% chance of being right.

Tim~

Nad

Postby Nad » Sep 5th, 2008 at 10:11 am

Its going to be close, especially since many of Obama's college fanbois have stopped following him and screaming for change.

Honestly, I think McCain is going to win, and personally think McCain is the lesser of 2 evils. From what I've seen, albeit very little, Obama changes his tune depending on his audience. McCain might be spewing the same boring garbage, but at least he is sticking to his guns and not changing what he stands for depending on who he is speaking to.

Come November, we'll find out who is going to lead, but the bottom line is neither candidate will make the next 4 years any better then the last 8, they are just going to be a little different.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:00 pm

Nad wrote:McCain might be spewing the same boring garbage, but at least he is sticking to his guns and not changing what he stands for depending on who he is speaking to.

:lol: :lol:
Sneaky bastard...

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:24 pm

I love this show...

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/KLIO8s8iKZs[/video]
Sneaky bastard...

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 5th, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Best_predator wrote:I love this show...

[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/KLIO8s8iKZs[/video]

I think the primary difference between Palin and Spear's is one is out partying like tommorrow is the end of the world, and then promoting the shit out of the pregnancy(BTW, does anyone remember her mom saying shes going to rasie the child so that her daughter doesn't have to suffer in her life?), while the other one is doing absolutely nothing in the spotlight and is taking some responsibility in the matter.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 5th, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Wow, way to take the Republican spin on things Jay, think for yourself much?

Partying like no tommorrow? Ummm wrong sister?

How the fuck do you know Palin's daughter "hasn't been doing anything in the spotlight"? You live next door to them? There has been NO spotlight on her because until her mom got the VP bid no one knew who the fuck she was. Meanwhile Jamie has been watched constantly simply because her sister is a media magnet. I am in no way saying her pregnancy was a smart thing, or she's made good decisions in her life but from what I have seen she's not following her sister's path, and her husband seems a damn sight better than Bristol's choice for bed buddy.

Tim~

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 5th, 2008 at 10:26 pm

I think Jamie Lynn broke it off with her baby's father already.

Return to “General Discussion”