Violent Video games and your children

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Violent Video games and your children

Postby JayPhat » May 14th, 2008 at 7:40 pm

Here it is folks. Solid, scientific proof that there is NO LINK between violent games and criminal behavior in children.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo. ... ok/1212550

But, all of us already knew this.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » May 14th, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Problem with scientific studies is they tend to support whatever point the "studier" wants. Not saying that games DO make kids violent, I think its more a lack of discipline in raising kids nowadays, but i'm sure someone could do a study and come up with the games being linked to youth violence.

Tim~

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » May 14th, 2008 at 9:34 pm

I'm on the side of reason and logic, as looking at hot naked women all day on the computer has not turned Jay into a hot chick yet.

However, to play devil's advocate, this is just one more study that is worth it's weight in toliet paper. Nice that is has a conclusion we like, but in the end studies have proven that 76% of all scientific research is little more than a waste of money.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » May 16th, 2008 at 7:11 am

It's also important to note that a recent meta-study found that [s]62%[/s] 85%of statistics in published scientific research over the last [s]10[/s] 15 years have been manipulated.

-Grant.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 21st, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Everything is a manipulation, in order to make you believe whatever someone wants you to believe.

Like recycling...global warming....and many other fad's that have made some manipulative fuck(s) millions of dollars, after convincing people that their opinions are the 'right opinions'.

Hell scientific studies aren't even scientific anymore, they just 'Google'.. :twisted: :P
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Relic

Postby Relic » May 22nd, 2008 at 9:55 am

I called global warming out as a hoax last year, on these forums.

If kids are violent, it could completely be the parents fault. But not always, but somewhere along the line some supervision and guidance, love/attention etc. was dropped.

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Return to “General Discussion”