Ron Paul

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Mouser
Elite Member

Ron Paul

Postby Mouser » Jan 13th, 2008 at 3:43 am

Are you un-American if you don't vote for him?

I mean, the Fed is the worst thing for those who believe in the free market and for the dollar in general. The inflation from credits to large financial institutions and to pick up 66% of exorbitant government spending trickles down as inflation to average Americans. One of the defining characteristics of currency is that it's a store of value (holds it)...and that's exactly what the dollar has not done. A market determined currency is the most reliable. The Fed distorts market interest rates by controlling them and therefore prohibits genuine savings and investment and rather replaces it with planned economic goals. Seems more Communist that Capitalist....that whole market v. planned economy.

Our foreign policy that has been greatly debated here is, whether you like it or not, the root motivation for the terrorists that seek to harm us. Iranian policy after WW2, support for Israel, support for Saudi monarchs, heavy aid to Saddam Hussein against Iran, etc....we are not innocent by any means yet Americans wish to be empty headed when it comes to asking the question "why". It's our policy of militarism and supporting undemocratic governments to strengthen our OWN interests..and then we are confused as to why they are angry.

I'll just mention these two points to get the topic going, but don't forget about Constitutionalism. There aren't any others besides Kucinich who revere the document that even gave us this country to begin with.

Thought?

doofy

Postby doofy » Jan 13th, 2008 at 12:47 pm

I could not agree more. Ron Paul 2008 or you're unamerican :)

ComradeEnder
Fresh Meat

Postby ComradeEnder » Jan 13th, 2008 at 1:24 pm

there are several things in your arguement i agree with, however i cannot help but look at ron paul as that crazy ranting guy down the street that your mom wants you to stay away from because he might steal you.

or the grandpa from your set of grandparents who's house you hate to go to. he doesn't buy you things like your favorite grandparents, he just tries to talk to you about how we're all going to hell in a handbasket in between pausing for chewing tobacco spits.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 13th, 2008 at 1:59 pm

ComradeEnder wrote:there are several things in your arguement i agree with, however i cannot help but look at ron paul as that crazy ranting guy down the street that your mom wants you to stay away from because he might steal you.

or the grandpa from your set of grandparents who's house you hate to go to. he doesn't buy you things like your favorite grandparents, he just tries to talk to you about how we're all going to hell in a handbasket in between pausing for chewing tobacco spits.

QFT.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jan 13th, 2008 at 8:33 pm

oh please - dont marginalize him just because he is passionate about the principles of the founding fathers and documents of this great country. Regardless of how the primary season winds up, voting for and financially supporting Ron Paul has been positive for me and hundreds of thousands of Amercians, because we are sick of the government overstepping its bounds and intruding into every aspect of our lives, all the while taking over 60% of the average citizen's income in taxes. Spending is out of control, the defict is growing every minute, the dollar is weaking each day, we are fighting "wars" that have become unwinnable, we are fostering the idea that uncle sam must decide and manage all aspects of your life, and you want to go with more of the same? My answer is "no thanks"
EatMoreLead aka EML

ComradeEnder
Fresh Meat

Postby ComradeEnder » Jan 14th, 2008 at 12:48 pm

like i said, while i agree with the vast majority of his positions, his presentation reminds me of someone who thinks demons are after him

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Jan 15th, 2008 at 2:30 pm

I understand that point. He isn't the most glamorous or 'handled' by his campaign managers, but I kind of like that. I really hate the celebrity candidate who is refined without any substance.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Jan 16th, 2008 at 9:27 am

Yea, I'm going to vote for him. Wisconsin primaries are coming up.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Return to “General Discussion”