Catalyst

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Mouser
Elite Member

Catalyst

Postby Mouser » Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7139358.stm

I miss Cat. Hope he's doing alright in this mess. An NPR reporter mentioned that the Tulsa area could be without power for possibly up to 10 days.

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster watch over him.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:54 pm

wow...Its been 80 degrees or more where i live which is unseasonably warm. Kinda believe the global warming shizz...

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Dec 12th, 2007 at 8:04 am

I'm currently reading State of Fear, I don't believe shit. :D It's 9 degrees out and snowing right now with half a foot+ on the ground already.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 12th, 2007 at 9:19 am

please do not fall into trap of looking at weather in your neighborhood this year as some prediction of doom or no doom for a planet that has been around for billions of years! In order to have a logical discussion of possible climate change, you need to examine trends of 100 years minimum - and guess what, a degree shift here and there is NORMAL. The Earth's climate has patterns but from day to day and year to year that pattern has variations. We had one of the hottest days ever in Fort Worth last week, I think it was 85. Guess when the 2nd hottest day for that date was? Over 60 years ago! And have you heard, the Antartic is colder than ever and has more ice than ever.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Dec 12th, 2007 at 10:11 am

We really lucked out in Kansas City. There was already snow on the ground, and then it rained for over a day straight, which was supposed to turn into a couple inches of ice on everything. Fortunately, the temperature never fell much below 32F, so it never froze.

-Grant.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Dec 12th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

omg eml you should never be allowed to post your beliefs about anything weather related, or anything scientific for that matter...

No snow here in Kuwait ;) It is cold here though, dips down to the low 40's/high 30's at night, and gets up to about 68-70 during the day. In 6 months tho, this same area will be baking at around 125 degrees.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Dec 13th, 2007 at 11:11 am

Been pretty cold in Cali, and by cold I'm talking maybe diping to 40 degrees at night? About the usual for this time of year, but almost no rain, I want rain fuckers! I don't want drought BS come summer so all us North Cali people pay extra for water cuz the Southern Cal people need to fill their fucking pools and water their lawns 3 times a day!

Split California into 2 states!!!

Oh yeah, weather, um its been cold.

Tim~

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Feb 20th, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Just hopping in from time to time to see whats going on. Was nice to see mouser's comments and concern. We got alot of ice. The tree's in Tulsa look like they were destroyed. Come summer Tulsa will not look at all like it did. Tulsa was a very green city with lots of trees. I'd say that almost all old growth timber is gone/destroyed.

Update on me for anyone interested:

re-married in June
Now have five total kids
Quit tobacco few months ago
Changing jobs again (back to the Oil Industry in two weeks, woot)

No time for gaming, surfing, or anything outside of taking care of the family and being a good dad. I miss the gaming and the community, but not enough to give up my family for a second for it.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Feb 20th, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well Cat.

Family >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... (imagine an infininte number of >>>'s) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Games

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Return to “General Discussion”