Veterans Day

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Veterans Day

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 6th, 2007 at 10:15 pm

I am going to celebrate by going out on a boat (unfortunately my shoulder will not be well enough to ride for several months) and by donating to Ron Paul in honor of Keith.

http://www.ThisNovember11th.com/

For those of you who have not looked past Hillary, Rudy and Obama, Ron Paul has some very refreshing views and has proven himself to be man of great integrity during his long run representing TX in the US congress.

www.ronpaul2008.com

anyway, thanks to everybody who has served our country!
Last edited by EatMoreLead on Nov 7th, 2007 at 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
EatMoreLead aka EML

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 6th, 2007 at 10:42 pm

I like alot of things about Ron Paul except getting rid of the Federal Reserve. Thats where I think he loses the boat.

I think though the republican war machine will do to Ron Paul what the Dems did you Ralph Nader in 2000.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 6th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

if you really study the current fiscal policy it is very very wacked. But even if enough new voters come out and elect Ron Paul, he will not be able to make all the changes he wants - even George W. in his first term with a Republican congress was unable to do more than 1-2 of his top 10 items.

I think I was one of the biggest supporters of the Iraq War when it first began, and I still think it was fully justified, but I am ready to throw in towel, not cut and run, but get out and let them fight their own fight. The financial and casuality losses are too great to minimal gains.

Ron Paul is smart, he has libertarian viewpoints, but is attempting to run as Republican because 3rd party canidates just don't seem to have a snowball's chance. Now if he doesn't get Republican nod, he might very well run as independent, but starting out as Republican is smart move.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Nov 7th, 2007 at 12:39 am

Remember remember the fifth of November.

Also, Ron Paul may be the only Candidate who still values the Constitution, he's not an economic genius. His tirades against the weak dollar is ill informed. I don't know what his background is, but hearing him on economic policy, I can say it isn't economics. So far, Bernenke and the Fed have performed solidly in reaction to a threat of recession and the liquidity crisis.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 7th, 2007 at 8:38 am

wonder how much you've heard, because his theory of inflation tax is pretty strong. When the dollar weakens because of oversupply, we "tax" the lower income bracket via inflation, their dollar doesnt go as far all because we wanted to increase monetary supply and pay off war debt.

Working Americans like lower taxes. So do I. Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.

Whether a tax cut reduces a single mother’s payroll taxes by $40 a month or allows a business owner to save thousands in capital gains taxes and hire more employees, that tax cut is a good thing. Lower taxes allow more spending, saving, and investing which helps the economy — that means all of us.

Real conservatives have always supported low taxes and low spending.

But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future — and yours.

In addition, the Federal Reserve, our central bank, fosters runaway debt by increasing the money supply — making each dollar in your pocket worth less. The Fed is a private bank run by unelected officials who are not required to be open or accountable to “we the people.”

Worse, our economy and our very independence as a nation is increasingly in the hands of foreign governments such as China and Saudi Arabia, because their central banks also finance our runaway spending.

We cannot continue to allow private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare, and governments collecting foreign aid to dictate the size of our ballooning budget. We need a new method to prioritize our spending. It’s called the Constitution of the United States.
EatMoreLead aka EML

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 7th, 2007 at 11:45 am

Yea, Ron Paul has my vote... too bad i'm not in any of the early primary states.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 16th, 2007 at 7:28 pm

pyrox420 wrote:Yea, Ron Paul has my vote... too bad i'm not in any of the early primary states.

Will you vote for him even if he doesn't denounce/return the MASSIVE funding he is getting from White supremacists/KKK?

G$
Benefactor

Postby G$ » Nov 16th, 2007 at 11:46 pm

JayPhat wrote:
pyrox420 wrote:Yea, Ron Paul has my vote... too bad i'm not in any of the early primary states.

Will you vote for him even if he doesn't denounce/return the MASSIVE funding he is getting from White supremacists/KKK?

Does being a supremely white boy make me a white supremacist?

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 17th, 2007 at 1:15 am

JayPhat wrote:

if you think that is what he is about you have on clue. He is pro 2nd amendment, which gets a lot of gun happy wackos all excited, but he is anti-war.
EatMoreLead aka EML

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 17th, 2007 at 7:29 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:
JayPhat wrote:

if you think that is what he is about you have on clue. He is pro 2nd amendment, which gets a lot of gun happy wackos all excited, but he is anti-war.

I don't think thats what he is about. But I have a serious problem with his not denouncing or returning any of the money they are flooding him with.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:28 pm

I would rather see the money spent on a presidential bid rather than other uses that white supremacists/kkk could be using that money to do. Hell he should ask for even more money, drain them.
I really need to change this sig

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Jeng wrote:I would rather see the money spent on a presidential bid rather than other uses that white supremacists/kkk could be using that money to do. Hell he should ask for even more money, drain them.

Wow, do I sound like i am defending Dems here. Its not what I am trying to do. BUT, lets say Hillary Clinton accepted money from the KKK and didn't return it. In fact, she didn't say anything about it at all except "we'll look into it." Don't you think she would get her ass RIPPED by both sides of the aisle for that?

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Nov 18th, 2007 at 4:50 am

Any candidate who accepts money from anyone other than a Federal electoral funding source should be ridiculed. Private financing of elections is bullshit to begin with. Anyone who's taken any sort of ethics class could see a conflict of interest. I'm going to go ahead and rope Haliburton, Monsanto, Walmart, Blackwater, ExxonMobil, Dow Chemicals, etc., in with the KKK. They all would like agendas pushed that help their own bottom line rather than what is best for the nation.

And to think there are candidates advocating overturning the McCain-Feingold bill, as modest as it is. This country's electoral process is a joke and will continue to be so. I can't even watch coverage of either sides debates without getting sick. The spin cycle starts immediately and the candidate that particular networks want to win are given more coverage and afterthoughts. You can already see a media that is leveraging the election for Hillary. I will put 500 dollars on Hillary right now because of the media bias thus far. Politics are for chumps and this country is now full of them. 50 stars on the flag stand for 50 morons for every 1 intelligible person. This is why we will fall behind in the world.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 18th, 2007 at 6:32 am

Mouser wrote: Politics are for chumps and this country is now full of them. 50 stars on the flag stand for 50 morons for every 1 intelligible person. This is why we will fall behind in the world.

I understand your opinion but damn that made ya sound like Derf. Im not voting because i havent found a candidate i like.

GameOver

Postby GameOver » Nov 18th, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Mouser wrote:Any candidate who accepts money from anyone other than a Federal electoral funding source should be ridiculed. Private financing of elections is bullshit to begin with. Anyone who's taken any sort of ethics class could see a conflict of interest. I'm going to go ahead and rope Haliburton, Monsanto, Walmart, Blackwater, ExxonMobil, Dow Chemicals, etc., in with the KKK. They all would like agendas pushed that help their own bottom line rather than what is best for the nation.

And to think there are candidates advocating overturning the McCain-Feingold bill, as modest as it is. This country's electoral process is a joke and will continue to be so. I can't even watch coverage of either sides debates without getting sick. The spin cycle starts immediately and the candidate that particular networks want to win are given more coverage and afterthoughts. You can already see a media that is leveraging the election for Hillary. I will put 500 dollars on Hillary right now because of the media bias thus far. Politics are for chumps and this country is now full of them. 50 stars on the flag stand for 50 morons for every 1 intelligible person. This is why we will fall behind in the world.

Omg, I'm agreeing with mouser...wtf is wrong with me.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 18th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

Mouser wrote: You can already see a media that is leveraging the election for Hillary.

Oh comon now. Asking everyone the hard questions like health care, immigration, and national defense is the same as asking Hillary "Pearls or Diamonds?"

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Nov 19th, 2007 at 12:40 am

GameOver wrote:
Omg, I'm agreeing with mouser...wtf is wrong with me.

Come Game, it is your destiny. :twisted:

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 19th, 2007 at 8:21 am

Mouser does have the right idea on this one, while I have issues with losing my ability to support my candidate with my money, I mean shit after all it is mine who is the FEC to tell me where I can and can not spend it at the end of the day privately funded elections need to die. I'm all for allowing independent groups to run adds to support one candidate or the other but gee if I run a power company and I give $1,000,000 to a candidate who then wins, can you honestly say that I don't expect anything in return? No I'm gonna be pissed as hell if I don't get my calls returned and the candidate doesn't do everything in his or her power to get laws passed the benefit me.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 19th, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Its over. We don't need to think about another candidate now.

[video width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/v/EjYv2YW6azE[/video]

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Nov 19th, 2007 at 11:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-G.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 20th, 2007 at 7:26 pm

That was just retarded, but will probably garner the guy a few million votes.....

Tim~

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Dec 19th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

THis is why I won't vote for Ron Paul.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_ ... upremacist

Who gives a shit if its not gonna affect your mindset. If a leader of a major drug cartel gave you "blood money", will you just turn your head on that one too?

I know $500 isn't much, but there is a shitload of traffic going to Ron Paul's website from White Supremacist sites. I hear a whole 2 hour talk about it a couple weeks ago. Fucking distance yourself from these people. It may be the reason your in the "second tier"

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 19th, 2007 at 9:55 pm

Jay you are an asshat. The canidates cannot control who donates, and unlike Hilbama or Huckommeycain, Ron Paul is getting 99% of his donations from individuals, not from PACs.

Besides, white supremists are idiots, but they have a right to spend their money on the canidate they choose, and why not take their money and use it for good. Do you think WalMart doesn't accept money from white supremists or money made from sale of drugs? Give me a break pollanna, go put your head back in the sand or up your ass.

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.
EatMoreLead aka EML

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Dec 20th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:Jay you are an asshat. The canidates cannot control who donates, and unlike Hilbama or Huckommeycain, Ron Paul is getting 99% of his donations from individuals, not from PACs.

Besides, white supremists are idiots, but they have a right to spend their money on the canidate they choose, and why not take their money and use it for good. Do you think WalMart doesn't accept money from white supremists or money made from sale of drugs? Give me a break pollanna, go put your head back in the sand or up your ass.

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

So where does he stop? Like I said before, its ok to take $500 from a white supremacist, then why not take $100,000 from the leader of a drug cartel.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 20th, 2007 at 10:46 pm

2300 is the max you can give per canidate, so obviously he stops at 2300. You are a hypocrite working for Wallymart and even saying such a thing - does WalMart check 100 dollar bills to make sure there is no cocaine residue on them?

pwned.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Return to “General Discussion”