Revive community.. revive

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Revive community.. revive

Postby Oreo » Oct 6th, 2007 at 6:56 am

No more daily posts anymore, looking at like 20 threads a month!

TF2 server is up and kicking ass, I think it's time the community got right back on its feet. No reason for it to go the way that the BFB community did...

The game takes a little getting used to, since it's different from TFC, but damn it is fun. Once you get into it and start to learn the new mechanices, I think I am definitely addicted.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 6th, 2007 at 2:33 pm

I dunno what you're talking about Oreo... Beer for Breakfast is still alive and kicking. People still post on the forums daily, and there are about half as many members in the BfB STEAM Community group as there are in the HF group. That's after something like 6 years without a gaming server. 8)

-Grant.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Oct 6th, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Start spamming website on the server.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 6th, 2007 at 9:25 pm

Best_predator wrote:Start spamming website on the server.

We'll be able to have the server spam that crap once TF2 goes gold and SourceMod is released for it.

In the mean time, I just set up my admin script again, which I can disseminate amongst our current few admins, so we can do that while we're on.

One issue that occurred to me is that there may be an inadvertent side effect of STEAM Community groups... people may see a decreased draw toward gaming communities now that they can hook up with all their buddies real-time. I dunno, time will tell.

We are already gaining some new repeat customers though. If I think back to what drew me to Hardfought, it was that there seemed to always be a solid core of regulars on who knew each other and were friendly to people they saw regularly. I think that if we're gonna' draw in fresh blood into the community as a whole, namely the forums and IRC (not that any of you nubs comes to #hardfought anymore either), it's largely on the shoulders of the current HF regulars.

Please make a point to say "hi" to fresh faces you start to see on a repeat basis, and invite them to come check out the forums etc. Also, even though you may be sketched out by each other (Pred always plays in the nude, save for his nipple clamps, for example) showing a healthy level of banter, chatter, etc. amongst HF community regulars (versus just server regulars, who may be more out of the loop) demonstrates a strong sense of community, which is attractive to potential new blood.

-Grant.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 6th, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Imo, don't try to "force" friendliness. I think just don't be total jack-asses to each other and naturally this will be a fun community again.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 6th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I'm not saying people should molest newcomers... I'm just saying that a "hey, what's up <name>" to someone you've seen on a few times can go further than you think.

-Grant.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 7th, 2007 at 1:23 am

I wasn't dissing anything you said Suck. Contrary to that, I echo it.

I was only adding my 2cents.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Oct 7th, 2007 at 3:18 am

I agree with Grant. Mainly in the sense that if there are douchbags in the server, to not react in kind and create a negative environment that some of the random new folks would try to avoid. It behooves us all to encourage a growth in the community here. It's much more fun to play with regs than random people. So let's make some more regs out of these randoms.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Oct 7th, 2007 at 7:16 am

Also, I would wait till they give us an idea that they like us before we tell them about preds nipple clamps.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Oct 7th, 2007 at 4:36 pm

I always sweet talk people I don't know.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 7th, 2007 at 6:06 pm

Catharsys wrote:I always sweet talk people I don't know.

The kids at the local elementary school don't count, Sys.

-G.

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Oct 9th, 2007 at 12:55 pm

Have you been looking at my facebook? Someone drew that exact picture you are talking about.

Relic

Postby Relic » Oct 19th, 2007 at 8:43 am

I downloaded TF2 last weekend but ended up playing Source all weekend. Janie played TF2 all day saturday, I'll hop on this weekend.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Oct 21st, 2007 at 5:20 am

Yay. I am starting to see some of the same people in the server from day to day. Which is good, although some of them are troublemakers....

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Oct 24th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

The main thing I want to see is less headshots on me from Sucker.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Oct 26th, 2007 at 5:46 am

Good ill HS ya for a bit tonight :) prob buying it tonight

Return to “General Discussion”