Finally got my new car....

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 9th, 2007 at 12:10 am

A couple of weeks ago I had to drive a 2002 Firebird that had a modified LS1 (among other modifications) in it over to an auction about an hour away from here, that sucker was pretty nasty. On the interstate I was rolling @ 110mph in 3rd gear @ 1400 RPM and that was about the extent to which I felt comfortable driving that specific car, if I had more experience with it I would likely get faster. :P
4 Days ago we got in a Mercedes C32 (AMG Class) with a supercharged V6, it's pretty fast too, one of the guys I work with came blazing by the lot in it @ about 115 starting off from the stop-light that's about 1/3 of a mile down the road.
Of course I get to drive pretty much every car we got on the lot where I work, as I take them to get inspections/work done at shops. We also have a couple Corvettes ( a 90 and a 98 ) that were pretty fun to drive.. :twisted:
Though I generally don't take anything on our lot over 90-100MPH, there have been just a couple that I've been faster in. A 2000 Jetta VR6 with a turbocharged V6 we got I had @ 110MPH with plenty of acceleration to spare, up to about 90MPH it felt like you were driving 45MPH, it was exceptionally smooth.

I bought a new car about a month ago, waiting until Tues/Wed next week to upload any pics though. :D I went yesterday and picked up $1100 for my first addition to the car, won't increase its speed or anything, but should make it look a little better. :)
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Sep 9th, 2007 at 6:21 am

With all that cash .. I sincerely hope you upgraded that box-fan computer of yours..

:P

I still loathe street racers.

I saw 2 accidents today and one I witnessed.

A mustang and some neon (assuming it was an SRT) were racing and next thing you knew it the mustang lost control and slammed into a wall. Hoping all is well with the driver, but still they knew what can 'potentially' happen. That was scary as shit to me... never actually.. saw something like that..

Oh, and a old ghetto CRX (that was modded up for some weird reason. Spoiler, body kit, etc..) ran into a light poll. I passed it coming home from work and assuming it just happened as well with firetrucks and police cars still being there. Saw large amounts of blood on the car, ground, etc..

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 9th, 2007 at 11:57 am

There's a reason I like drags. One is you get that nifty light, so there's no "YOU STARTED BEFORE ME" crap, and two, it's a controlled environment, and nobody can pull out in front of you! There is always the "Main Street speed limit" game...see who can get to 35 fastest. That's usually first gear at about 5500 rpms....that's when my exhaust shines :O

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Drag racing is the shit..

See it all the time down here in SA
(o )^( o) Tetas.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 10th, 2007 at 1:06 am

sX wrote:With all that cash .. I sincerely hope you upgraded that box-fan computer of yours..

That 'kind-of' went out when I spent almost $1500 1&1/2 - 2 years ago and built a new computer.. :/

sX wrote:I still loathe street racers.

I saw 2 accidents today and one I witnessed.

A mustang and some neon (assuming it was an SRT) were racing and next thing you knew it the mustang lost control and slammed into a wall. Hoping all is well with the driver, but still they knew what can 'potentially' happen. That was scary as shit to me... never actually.. saw something like that..

Oh, and a old ghetto CRX (that was modded up for some weird reason. Spoiler, body kit, etc..) ran into a light poll. I passed it coming home from work and assuming it just happened as well with firetrucks and police cars still being there. Saw large amounts of blood on the car, ground, etc..

~sX

There are a lot of ignorant people out there who try to race while lacking the common sense it takes to race on the street.
On the other hand, I see many more wrecks from old people/teenagers just completely sucking at driving opposed to street racing accidents (around here at least).

Most of the racing I've done hasn't really gone up over 70-80 inside the city, once you start rolling away from someone, the race is really over...
A lot of the times it ends up in a similar situation to what CyberPits said.
CyberPitz wrote:There is always the "Main Street speed limit" game...see who can get to 35 fastest.

Most people assume just because you say race, it implies you're just flat out full throttle until your car can't accelerate anymore, which definitely isn't so much the case where I live. More light-to-light type races than anything around here.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 10th, 2007 at 1:33 am

Oh yeah, from time to time it's light to light. Most cases, you can tell who is going to win in first gear, start of second. If you're already pulling, it's going to be hard to regain that acceleration. Then again, the best time to actually go that speed would be on an interstate, with the speed limit at 70, and doing a rolling start from 40. That gives you 30 mph to tell who's going to win, which by the time you even come close to 80 *which is what everybody drives while on the interstate* you can determine the winner. And if an accident is going to happen *somebody running across the street/deer or anything* you really CAN'T say it's caused by racing, because they would be going that speed anyway.

Unless they were going 100...which yeah, their loss. I blame the complete stupidity of the street racers when they wreck. If you can't handle the car on a start, then you're a retard. If you're going down the busiest street in town going 50 over the speed limit, with cars able to pull out right in front of you from intersections...seriously, you were asking for it. At least light/light 'racing' rules out someone pulling out in front of you...which it would be there fault, most cases :P

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Sep 10th, 2007 at 2:21 am

I just found it ironic since this subject popped back up.

Nonetheless, shit happens.. regardless if you are Jeff Gordon on fucking steroids.

Racing should be left on the tracks.

Anyway, today I saw my first Shelby Mustang. This kid prolly 13, 14 years old (not really, but looked like he was a freshman in high school) in a 2006 Shelby Mustang.. I thought it was just a Mustang with a body kit, but noo. Wish I was rich :/

I'll post some pics I took with my phone..

(o )^( o) Tetas.

N2itivX

Postby N2itivX » Sep 10th, 2007 at 9:39 pm

I had a Stage 3+ other mods SRT4 that I got rid of back in February.. was pushing around 385hp. I'm 30 yrs old and married, and I'll admit that the main thing I liked about it was pwning people on the street. On Thanksgiving day last year we were coming back from my wife's grandparents' house and she was driving. Some fucktard came up beside us at a stop sign and wanted a go, so she had some fun with him. For about 15 miles she let him stay somewhat with her (at between 90 and 100) until she got tired of it. Then she dropped it a gear and hammered it. When she hit 140 and he was way out of the rear-view I told her to shut it down. My little speed demon wife... lol

When we got home, I looked at the tires and apparently I had some negative camber on the front-right combined with being out of alignment, because the inside half of the tread was eaten down to the belt. Good thing we shut down when we did I guess.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 10th, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Pitz, sorry if I seemed harsh but I've seen waay too much stupid shit from people hopping up cars and street racing every chance they get. I go with sX, racing belongs on the track.

Gee KC, more accidents from non-racers? Thats amazing! maybe because oh I don't know street racers are a small percentage of cars on the road? Street racing is for fucktards, even the pro's with cars designed for racing in controlled environments crash, but at least they aren't going through someones house/place of business when they do it.

My back fence is on a street that goes about a half mile without a light, we get racers just about every weekend night. In the last year we've had 4 wrecks, 2 stayed on the street, one took out a telephone pole and some fence (the pole did, the car stopped at the pole), last one took out 3 houses worth of fence, a boat in someones back yard and their back porch. All total was only 1 casualty believe it or not, but could have been 4+.

Tim~

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 13th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

I hear where you're comin from tim. it's just you instantly put me in a group that I didn't belong in, which is what I was getting at. Street racing for the biggest part is pretty silly. Now finding someone and going down the highway and punching it, not as bad, since that is supposed to be used for speed, granted not made for 100+ but most races are way over at the time, and if it's not a busy time, like 9pm...shit happens.

It just seemed like you pit anybody with a fast car as a "fuck tard", because the only reason to have a speedy car is to street race. I see people do it all the time on main on friday/sat...and then watching the cops catch them. Good times.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Sep 16th, 2007 at 11:32 am

Been delaying posting again in this thread. The clutch was going out again on my wifes car so we purchased our first car from an actual car lot, instead of the note shop kind of places we tend to purchase from.

Got a 2004 Kia Optima, after driving that Festiva this thing feels like a bus. Gets alot better mileage than the Festiva though, we did a run up to Yellowstone and back, averaged 36 mpg while doing 80-100mph. My only complaint is that it feels like the fuel filter needs replacing and it looks like the fuel filter is in the fuel tank.
I really need to change this sig

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 21st, 2007 at 9:44 pm

Nice...
I'm still in the process of getting the new stuff I ordered for my car, so still no pics... Good news is that, after placing 3 orders and getting calls back on all 3 saying they fell through and 3 weeks of waiting, they should finally be delivered Monday next week to my house. I didn't even quite get what I wanted, but I cut my cost down a little bit so I guess it all works out.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 24th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Ok, here are some preliminary pictures I took with my phone, not the best camera but it works for now.

The rims are what I've been waiting on, ordered 3 different sets and they fell through.
Ended up with these 17" Kobe Envy's. Got a pretty good deal I think, Rims & Tires plus 2 year hazard warranty on rims & tires, and 4 wheel-locks for under $800. Mounting, balancing, shipping, and 20 tuner lug nuts were all included free. :D

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 25th, 2007 at 6:12 pm

sX wrote:I just found it ironic since this subject popped back up.

Nonetheless, shit happens.. regardless if you are Jeff Gordon on fucking steroids.

Racing should be left on the tracks.

Anyway, today I saw my first Shelby Mustang. This kid prolly 13, 14 years old (not really, but looked like he was a freshman in high school) in a 2006 Shelby Mustang.. I thought it was just a Mustang with a body kit, but noo. Wish I was rich :/

I'll post some pics I took with my phone..

I hate those fucking rims. Jesus, you think Ford could have come up with something better for their cars.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Sep 27th, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Oh sure - when I get my 2005 RAV4 a few years back, you all laughed and said it sucked. NOW you learn.

Seems I'm always right - about the war, about the economy, about health care... and now about vehicles.

Eat your fucking words.
I've been deleted!!

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Sep 29th, 2007 at 1:11 am

Wow Derfel, you seem so bitter.

Is your life doing so well that you come back here and shit for the hell of it?

Or do you have something on your mind?
I really need to change this sig

Return to “General Discussion”