Just Cancel the @#%$* Account!

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Just Cancel the @#%$* Account!

Postby K2 » Jan 7th, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Hah... I saw a link to this on HardOCP - http://www.pcworld.com/printable/articl ... table.html

So true... how many of ya have stories about this, or services/sites you can add to this list?

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 8th, 2007 at 12:46 am

wow...

Back in the day (like 10 yrs ago maybe) when I was first getting dialup and was using 30 day free trials to test out different providers AoL actuallly gave us an extra free month when we went to cancel. Guess theyll do anything to keep customers.

On a semi related note when I was cancelling my WoW account they asked for a reason why I was cancelling (standard MMO practice) and to my amazement 'addicted' was actually an option. Also not sure if anyone has actually quit over this but they also listed Will of the Forsaken Nerf as another option.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 9th, 2007 at 1:22 pm

I can attest to the complaints that these people are talking about. WAAAAAAAY back in the day, Monica signed up fora site for one of her games. To be honest, what she paid for wasn't worth it. She unsubscribed within the first 24 hurs like the site says. To this day, we have snet 4 letters, I have personnally made several calls to my bank(who intern called the charging agency and got a voicemail every time), and had charges reveresed on my account, and I am still getting charged $4.95 per month for that damn site.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Jan 10th, 2007 at 12:11 am

JayPhat wrote:I can attest to the complaints that these people are talking about. WAAAAAAAY back in the day, Monica signed up fora site for one of her games. To be honest, what she paid for wasn't worth it. She unsubscribed within the first 24 hurs like the site says. To this day, we have snet 4 letters, I have personnally made several calls to my bank(who intern called the charging agency and got a voicemail every time), and had charges reveresed on my account, and I am still getting charged $4.95 per month for that damn site.

Looks like you need to get the law involved. Bring them to small claims court or perhaps bring it to the attention of your attorney general.
I really need to change this sig

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 10th, 2007 at 12:31 am

Jeng wrote:
JayPhat wrote:I can attest to the complaints that these people are talking about. WAAAAAAAY back in the day, Monica signed up fora site for one of her games. To be honest, what she paid for wasn't worth it. She unsubscribed within the first 24 hurs like the site says. To this day, we have snet 4 letters, I have personnally made several calls to my bank(who intern called the charging agency and got a voicemail every time), and had charges reveresed on my account, and I am still getting charged $4.95 per month for that damn site.

Looks like you need to get the law involved. Bring them to small claims court or perhaps bring it to the attention of your attorney general.

Bring who? No-one answers calls. No-one accepts letters. And its based in Texas.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Jan 20th, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Wow, that's freaking retarded. I hate companies like that...I'd much rather deal with a company that is easy to unsubscribe from than one that forces you to stay from frustration!

PS JayPhat that is horse shit.

Return to “General Discussion”