Ouch my face

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Burzum
Benefactor

Ouch my face

Postby Burzum » Nov 10th, 2006 at 9:44 pm

I just had all my wisdom teeth pulled about 7 hours ago. I have to say I was sad when they took the NOS away. It made everything okay.

Anyway, I'm on hydrocodine or something like that. It feels like I've taken super strong bennedryl or something. My face hurts but I feel "wierd" anywho. I'm not really sure why I'm telling you all this. Maybe it's cuz I think you love me.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 10th, 2006 at 11:01 pm

bah, NOS... pussy. I took like a man without gas or icing it.

JK they froze it :).

Hurt like a bitch for couple a days.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 10th, 2006 at 11:54 pm

Burz.. I bet you are on Hydracodone. That is the stuff they put me on after I had my 4 pulled a few years back. That is some REALLY good stuff. I remember laying in bed and turning to the right to get out of bed only to find that my brain was in forward motion but failed to check with my lower extremities to see if they were moving. Needless to say, I feel straight to the ground... then couldn't get up because it was like I was unable to communicate with the rest of my body at the same time. Wacky feeling.. but no pain :)

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 11th, 2006 at 12:25 am

Just a warning to ya. Like most opiates hydrocodone will constipate you.

btw, when mine were done, doctor used nothing but novocaine, I then walked a mile to the grocery store to get my pain meds filled, spitting blood on the sidewalk every couple yards. I'm sure I looked great sitting there waiting for my drugs with blood all over my lips.
I really need to change this sig

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 11th, 2006 at 8:04 pm

i had all four out at once. the dentist didn't put any stitches in and didn't rpescribe any painkillers :(

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 11th, 2006 at 8:38 pm

I removed mine myself with a girls ice-skate
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 11th, 2006 at 9:50 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:i had all four out at once. the dentist didn't put any stitches in and didn't rpescribe any painkillers :(

ouch =/
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 13th, 2006 at 8:26 am

Dang PUPPY that's brutal. You musta been on the Canadian health plan.

Honestly I'd forgot I'd typed this message until just now. I hardly remember anything from Friday night. I got a nasty little feaver yesterday afternoon. 101.6. I guess it's pretty standard for the 3rd day to be the worst.

Hydracodone doesn't have much effect anymore. I think I'm to big for the small dose they're giving me. I added some tylenol to it and it appears to be helping. Bad thing is I had to go to work today :( This is my last day of work before starting my new job and I gotta train the guy who's gonna cover for me.

The good thing is that with this new job I'll have doubled my income since 1/1/2006. Hard to beat that! :D

Wow, I ramble.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 13th, 2006 at 7:14 pm

I hope you don't drink. The hyrdocodone you are taking should have Tylenol in it. Taking more than 1000mg of Tylenol at one time or 4 grams in a 24 hour period can sure screw your liver up. Add a little alcohol to it (even if you haven't since you have been taking the pain pills) and the toxic effect is worse. Be careful of Tylenol it isn't as safe as we used to think. A little mortin might help with imflamation along with the prescription

Relic

Postby Relic » Nov 14th, 2006 at 9:24 am

You can rub cocaine inside your empty sockets and that will elimintate the pain.

-teh devil

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 14th, 2006 at 7:15 pm

For me, the first couple hydrocodone tended to work rather nicely, but the last couple in the bottle tended to not do jack shit. Guess its one of those things that one gains a tolerance to quickly.

sohpriest wrote:I hope you don't drink. The hyrdocodone you are taking should have Tylenol in it. Taking more than 1000mg of Tylenol at one time or 4 grams in a 24 hour period can sure screw your liver up. Add a little alcohol to it (even if you haven't since you have been taking the pain pills) and the toxic effect is worse. Be careful of Tylenol it isn't as safe as we used to think. A little mortin might help with imflamation along with the prescription

Was going to make a post regarding hearing loss (aka Rush), but was surprised to read that deaths due to Tylenol is twice that of opiates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maia-szal ... 20445.html
I really need to change this sig

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 14th, 2006 at 7:19 pm

yeah Tylenol doesn't kill you today, it does it several months from now when your liver shuts down.

G Zus

Postby G Zus » Nov 19th, 2006 at 5:38 pm

do used to do it all the time n i'm fine. a bit of an alcoholic but fine otherwise

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 19th, 2006 at 11:11 pm

yeah and at 45 when they say your liver is screwed you will remember this post

G Zus

Postby G Zus » Nov 21st, 2006 at 2:49 am

i'll remember it. i'll remember it n i'll luv it! may be in pain but i'll luv it just the same

G Zus

Postby G Zus » Nov 21st, 2006 at 2:50 am

G Zus, i'll drink to that!

Return to “General Discussion”