Voting day

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Voting day

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 7th, 2006 at 2:56 pm

Did you all do your civic duty today and vote?

I did, and as much as many of you like to insist I am a neo-con Bush-lover, you will be disappointed to know that I voted independent for Texas Governor (I voted for Strayhorn).

For Congress, I did vote for Reps. While I am not totally happy with the progress in Iraq, and alot of other things the Reps have done over the last few years... they are still better than the alternative, imo. Like it or not, Iraq is the key issue in this election, and the Dems have expressed time and again they do not have what it takes to stick out this difficult mission, which regardless of why we went over there in the first place, we absolutely must win over there now.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 7th, 2006 at 3:42 pm

I voted! I almost voted for a Democrat that has some good views on gun control but decided against it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 7th, 2006 at 4:21 pm

Wid.. I am curious as to why you voted for Grandma? I tend to see her as too much of a fence rider. Seems like she tried to pander to every friggin group under the sun without taking a firm, definitive stance on many issues. I just couldn't vote for Kinky, because honestly, I couldn't take the man seriously. And their ain't NO WAY I'm voting for Bell. I know WAAAY too much about that man. I chose Perry because, in my opinion, he "sucked less" than the others. No real good choices if you ask me.

Camps

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 7th, 2006 at 4:29 pm

Honestly, the biggest reason was my perception of Perry vs Strayhorn. Perry impresses me as a professional politician. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to run for President or something someday. I am tired of politicians.

Strayhorn impressed me as someone who isn't in it for politics for the sake of a career advancing maneuver, but rather wants to try to make things better for her kids/grandkids, etc. Yeah, some of her views aren't as concrete as Perry may be, but the things she does stand firm on makes me believe she generally believes in alot of the same values I do. You can't really blame her for trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, since it was an extremely uphill battle the whole way.

Perry is going to win comfortably, but atleast I can say I did my part to try to advance another option other than just the 2 crappy parties we have today. A viabe 3rd party will never happen unless people are willing to start casting their votes for them.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 7th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

Kinky talked so much bout talkin straight and honest, without giving any substance at all to what he is straight and honest about that I figured he must just be full of horseshit. It saddens me to say that by the way, I would have liked voting for him.

Strayhorn has done her best to stay in the news for the past 3 or 4 years, along with her party flip flopping (had been a dem and a rep before going ind). Just far too often it seemed like she was useing her position and the news in order to further her political career rather than to actually help. If she looses, I foresee her trying to get her own show going.

Perry, he sucks. Ok, I shouldn't leave it with that. Redistricting sucks, putting that before school finance reform sucks. Guys a tool.

Bell, I don't know a damn thing about him, he looks like a <insert derogatory name here>, but figured he'd be the best ass clown out of the bunch.
I really need to change this sig

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 7th, 2006 at 11:24 pm

Well, looks like the Dems are going to take the House... still too early to tell for the Senate.

With that nutjob Pelosi as the new Speaker, you can prepare yourself for a call for impeachment and immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq.

In a way, I hope the Dems take the Senate too, that way in 5-10 years, when the country is in shambles and/or we get hit by another 9/11 style attack, no Dems/Libs will be able to bitch and moan, since it will be their doing.

Unfortunately, in the meantime I get to look forward to higher taxes so they can give my money to other people who don't deserve it. Joy!

-Wid

-Game Designer

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 8th, 2006 at 1:13 am

Meh, I'm ready for a change, and as much as I disagree with them on the economic issues the Democrats do seem to have the social issues right. Iraq is a tough one, we do need to make sure the place doesn't fall into a total shit basket, but lets face it the current plan eats nut sacks and it is time for a new approach. If the Dems call for impeachment they are out of their fucking minds, it would only make the Republicans more popular (see Bill Clinton). So, I will accept the risk of higher taxes (which despite what the RNC letters I got told me won't happen) and I will take the chance that Democrats are wrong about how to handle Iraq, but you know what? It can't be much worse than it is now. They are not gonna be pussies on security (again despite what the RNC told me), they will just come at it form another way. Again it may be wrong, but you know what? It can't be much worse than it is now. The Republicans had their chance, and they fucked it up, time to let someone else fuck it up for a while.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 8th, 2006 at 7:53 am

I'm just hoping we don't take any major steps back on the issues that matter to me. Those being Gun Control, Baby Killing and Pussified Foreign Policy.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 8th, 2006 at 9:35 am

So i got to the polls today... and saw the two names on my senetors race. Of course i didn't like either of them so i created my own box. "None of the above".

Anyways, i voted. Stood in fucking 2 1/2 hour line in bumb fuck Elkhorn. Hey... let's have 1 polling station in a town of 10,000. Oh... and let's put it in the smallest public buildling we have(why not the big new high school? no fucking clue). Good thing it was a nice 60 degrees outside while we waited.... Stupid Elkhorn.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 8th, 2006 at 11:27 am

I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to vote for a person that stands for all the things I don't stand for just to "teach the Republicans a lesson". No doubt that is what happened for many GOP candidates and no doubt they will get the message. However, in the mean time we have to put up with higher taxes, the repealing of all the Bush tax cuts that have helped bring this economy to what it is today, and a group with a war strategy that appears to have been crafted by the French themselves. I just hope America wakes up before 2008. If we pull out of Iraq early, God help us.. because He will be the only one that can save us from what the terrorists will bring our way.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 8th, 2006 at 11:43 am

WidowMaker wrote:With that nutjob Pelosi as the new Speaker, you can prepare yourself for a call for impeachment and immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq.

In a way, I hope the Dems take the Senate too, that way in 5-10 years, when the country is in shambles and/or we get hit by another 9/11 style attack, no Dems/Libs will be able to bitch and moan, since it will be their doing.

If they do pull us out of Iraq I'm sure they'll point fingers and say "See! Look at what a mess that country is after the war! It's all the Republican's fault, especially <insert next GOP Presidential candidate>, since he could have stopped this before it started." In other words if Iraq fails because they pull us out they're conveniently shift the blame to the Republicans.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 8th, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Burzum wrote: I'm sure they'll point fingers and say "See! Look at what a mess that country is after the war! It's all the Republican's fault, especially <insert next GOP Presidential candidate>, since he could have stopped this before it started." In other words if Iraq fails because they pull us out they're conveniently shift the blame to the Republicans.

Kinda like how everything is Clintons fault 6 years into Bush's term? Gee, the Dems might just act like the republicans, interesting prediction.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 8th, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Jeng wrote:
Burzum wrote: I'm sure they'll point fingers and say "See! Look at what a mess that country is after the war! It's all the Republican's fault, especially <insert next GOP Presidential candidate>, since he could have stopped this before it started." In other words if Iraq fails because they pull us out they're conveniently shift the blame to the Republicans.

Kinda like how everything is Clintons fault 6 years into Bush's term? Gee, the Dems might just act like the republicans, interesting prediction.

Watched about ten seconds of Pelosi's speech today up to teh point where she said "We are going to work on partnership, not partisanship". Wow, you had to wait til you were fucking in charge to do that? What about the last 6 years? You couldn't work on partnership then?

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 8th, 2006 at 10:50 pm

JayPhat wrote:Watched about ten seconds of Pelosi's speech today up to teh point where she said "We are going to work on partnership, not partisanship". Wow, you had to wait til you were fucking in charge to do that? What about the last 6 years? You couldn't work on partnership then?

When the other side is looking to basically fuck you, or just out vote you, its kinda hard.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 8th, 2006 at 10:56 pm

Like they even tried.... please. Pelosi's claim to want to "work together" is abuncha hot air and everyone knows it. It is common knowledge that she has a far-left agenda, and now she has the opportunity to try to push it down our throats. Good times ahead! :roll:

-Wid

-Game Designer

Burzum
Benefactor

Re:

Postby Burzum » Jun 19th, 2016 at 2:40 am

Burzum wrote:
WidowMaker wrote:With that nutjob Pelosi as the new Speaker, you can prepare yourself for a call for impeachment and immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq.

If they do pull us out of Iraq I'm sure they'll point fingers and say "See! Look at what a mess that country is after the war! It's all the Republican's fault, especially <insert next GOP Presidential candidate>, since he could have stopped this before it started." In other words if Iraq fails because they pull us out they're conveniently shift the blame to the Republicans.

I told you so. Pulling out before the corruption of the old was removed from the new created ISIS. Who does Obama blame?

#forOldTimeSake

Burzum
Benefactor

Re: Voting day

Postby Burzum » Jun 19th, 2016 at 2:47 am

WidowMaker wrote:Did you all do your civic duty today and vote?

I did, and as much as many of you like to insist I am a neo-con Bush-lover, you will be disappointed to know that I voted independent for Texas Governor (I voted for Strayhorn).

For Congress, I did vote for Reps. While I am not totally happy with the progress in Iraq, and alot of other things the Reps have done over the last few years... they are still better than the alternative, imo. Like it or not, Iraq is the key issue in this election, and the Dems have expressed time and again they do not have what it takes to stick out this difficult mission, which regardless of why we went over there in the first place, we absolutely must win over there now.

-Wid

And Widow called it too.

Return to “General Discussion”