Recommend a good game...

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Recommend a good game...

Postby pyrox420 » Aug 17th, 2006 at 8:58 pm

With no more HF i need something to fill my time... so recommend away!

Caveats...
1. No WoW. or any Mmorpg... i can't get sucked into that world again.
2. Nothing fluffy.
3. FPS are good but i'm open to anything.

Thanks
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 17th, 2006 at 9:37 pm

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. (Favorite game)
2. Freelancer. (Second Favorite game)
3. Darkstar One. (Exited about but have not played yet.)
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Aug 18th, 2006 at 8:05 am

Best_predator wrote:1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. (Favorite game)
2. Freelancer. (Second Favorite game)
3. Darkstar One. (Exited about but have not played yet.)

OMG pred you stole the words right out of my mouth...in that order even! I'm playing through Freelancer again. Really looking forward to DS1. It looks like it'll rock if they fix some of the unrealistic aspects of Freelancer.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Aug 18th, 2006 at 10:04 am

KOTR 1 was sweet. What about the new one?

Freelancer i did love to play. This Darkstar One i saw last night just a bit... looks good... maybe i'll have to pick it up... Any other games? Thanks!
Paul
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Aug 18th, 2006 at 10:55 am

What style of gameplay is Freelancer?

BTW.. regarding DS1: deal

camps

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Aug 18th, 2006 at 11:04 am

Freelancer is like "Wing Commander: Privateer".

Basically you're a guy with a ship flying around the galaxy trying to make money. You upgrade your ship, buy new ships and can take on any number of roles at anytime in an attempt to get $$$.

There is also a series of underlying missions that you complete as you progress. It's VERY fun. I'm usually a pirate stuff in one system and sell it in another where I can make a huge profit. Fun fun stuff. DS1 is supposed to be similar.

KoTR2 is fun, but it's not as good as the first. I enjoyed playing it though but it doesn't have the same replayability.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Aug 18th, 2006 at 1:08 pm

AoE: III

Covermy6

Postby Covermy6 » Aug 18th, 2006 at 5:02 pm

Well, there is a game thats going to come out know as "Company of Heroes." Its a WW2 rts that looks amazing if you have a great computer. I played it off the demo from the PC Gamer magazine disk (October), it was a single player demo that contains 2 campaign levels and a tutorial. I've had a blast playing it. The magazine also reviewed it and gave it a 96% (the full game). The game comes out 9/14/06, so its going to take a few weeks before it comes out.
"Love your enemies, it makes them so damn mad"

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 18th, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Kotor 2 was aight but far from kotor 1 imo. BUT kotor2 was basicly crippled by dead line and there was A LOT of material cut down to make that dead line to the point of deleting a whole mofoing planet. Good news is www.team-gizka.org/ has been fixing the whole game up and they're about 80% done plus theres a link on the same website to another team that adds the missing planet. So when it all comes out i think it has a great potential to be almost as good as kotor1.
Yea and freelancer is a good space quest game.
And burzum what "unrealistic" shit about freelancer are u tlakin about? I mean... the whole concept of the game is pretty unrealistic and prolly will be for another few hundred years.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Aug 18th, 2006 at 9:57 pm

I just installed trial of freelancer, seems interesting enough to try
EatMoreLead aka EML

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Aug 19th, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Best_predator wrote:Kotor 2 was aight but far from kotor 1 imo. BUT kotor2 was basicly crippled by dead line and there was A LOT of material cut down to make that dead line to the point of deleting a whole mofoing planet. Good news is www.team-gizka.org/ has been fixing the whole game up and they're about 80% done plus theres a link on the same website to another team that adds the missing planet. So when it all comes out i think it has a great potential to be almost as good as kotor1.
Yea and freelancer is a good space quest game.
And burzum what "unrealistic" shit about freelancer are u tlakin about? I mean... the whole concept of the game is pretty unrealistic and prolly will be for another few hundred years.

I mean that when you're in a dog fight with 8 and kill all but two, the last two still think they can take you even when their ships have no shields and you're at full power. Or that you can't scout an area out before entering it, you can't get close and watch the enemies before they see you and move to intercept.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Aug 19th, 2006 at 10:06 pm

OK freelancer pretty much sucked. I tried 100 turn free trial of civ4, it sucked too. Im ready for tf2
EatMoreLead aka EML

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Aug 19th, 2006 at 11:21 pm

Lol, 100 turns in Civ4 isn't even scratching the surface of the game. That's a shitty idea for a demo.
I've been deleted!!

Return to “General Discussion”