Honda Civic Vs Dodge Caliber

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jul 19th, 2006 at 11:52 am

Buying new or used pred?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

furious

Postby furious » Jul 19th, 2006 at 11:53 am

Best_predator wrote:I'm lookin for a sporty sedan/coupe that is safe and powerful with a good low end torque. It should cost under 20-22k. Ideas anyone?

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jul 19th, 2006 at 11:58 am

Burzum wrote:Buying new or used pred?

Used.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Jul 19th, 2006 at 12:28 pm

If your not like these old men worried about resale value SRT-4. Or is that too much power?
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jul 19th, 2006 at 12:34 pm

We bought a 2 year old Lincoln LS with the V-8 and all the amenities for 22k a couple years ago. It is a very nice car, has plenty of pickup, and has not given us any problems. We bought it at 30k miles, and it is at 80k now. It might be bigger than you were wanting though.
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jul 19th, 2006 at 1:20 pm

SRT-4 is nice and i actually thought about. My friend has it, and it has a fuckin great torque. Only problem is im about 230 6'3+ and was it was kinda small for my big ass to a point where it was uncomfortable.
That lincoln LS looks nice, i always thought that this car looked fuckin badass(from the front :) ) But i never did any research on its qualitative statistics. I'll do some right now O.o. Hows its resale value and repair costs?
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jul 19th, 2006 at 2:15 pm

it's american made, so repair costs, the little that we have had, haven't been bad.

it's resale value is pretty good. Ours is going on 5 years old, with 80k miles, and is still worth 13-14k according to bluebook.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Game Designer

-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com

-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

sgarissta

Postby sgarissta » Jul 19th, 2006 at 2:34 pm

Best_predator wrote:Speaking of this. I don't wont to start a new topic but ill hijack this shit since the answer is obvious. I'm lookin for a sporty sedan/coupe that is safe and powerful with a good low end torque. It should cost under 20-22k. Ideas anyone?

P.S. quick reply is broken for me for some unknown reason

Depends on what you consider "powerful" but the Mazda3 I've got is pretty similar in spec to a civic, but isn't nearly as ugly ;) But I assume by "powerful" you mean something in the 250hp range?

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jul 19th, 2006 at 3:06 pm

Yea, something above 200ish, with nice low end for a good pick up :). SRT-4 is good, but its kinda small and from what ive heard not exactly safe.
Sneaky bastard...

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jul 19th, 2006 at 3:16 pm

4.0L Ford Ranger! Fast and has plenty of room inside. I'm partial to trucks though.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Nad

Postby Nad » Jul 19th, 2006 at 3:37 pm

Pred, the LS is NICE. My uncle managed a lincoln/merc dealership and he drove one for a while, and i got lots of test drives in. I certainly will never buy another new american car, because the resale value is always poo compared to what you paid to begin with. That Lincoln LS is available in a v6(with standard tranny, if you like that) or the v8 with automatic. The v8 has tons of torque, but that stndard tranny on the v6 is wins. Go drive em, you'll like the luxury combined with sport on that car. Its made by ford, so i would recommend an extended warranty regardless of what consumer reports has to say about the car, it will be 1500 bucks very well spent in the long run.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jul 21st, 2006 at 4:30 pm

They are both rice. For the price range you have, get a 350Z.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jul 22nd, 2006 at 2:59 am

Best_predator wrote:Yea, something above 200ish, with nice low end for a good pick up :). SRT-4 is good, but its kinda small and from what ive heard not exactly safe.

350Z is the best bang for your buck. Make sure it's turbo.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

G Zus

Postby G Zus » Jul 26th, 2006 at 9:22 am

a few friends of mine got the new civic si. nice car n the gas mileage is definitely a plus but the price is over 20k : /

Return to “General Discussion”