US response to N. Korea...

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Jahiliyya

US response to N. Korea...

Postby Jahiliyya » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 3:17 pm

Have a look. Some badadd pics.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123022180

Note the Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers behind the carriers. Those bad boys provide Theatre Missle Defense for the US (and Canada, Derf). The name of the operation: Exercise Valiant Shield 2006.

This is a training excersise but I really want to read between the lines. And then there's this in one of the press releases:

The U.S. routinely deploys forces to the Western Pacific to maintain a stabilizing presence in the region. Valiant Shield along with exercises like Northern Edge and Terminal Fury will help ensure that Airmen are prepared and ready to immediately help a joint team response to any contingency.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 3:50 pm

thats alot of eggs in one basket near a country that hates the US and is about to launch a nuke... Bad decision iyam
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 3:58 pm

N. Korea isn't going to launch a nuke. If they did, there country would no longer exist.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 3:59 pm

you think they care?
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Yes, because the asshole leading that country is an ego-maniac drunk with power. If his country no longer existed, he would be a ruler of nothing.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:05 pm

I don't think he thinks that way. Right now the world hates the US. If he ever wanted a better time to strike, he would be hard pressed to find it.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:09 pm

So you think his whole life revolves around launching a futile attack against the US? And he would be willing to sacrifice everything to do that?

I find that hard to believe.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:20 pm

I think he is a 58 year old aging nut case who thinks the world might side with them in the event they strike the "evil empire". The sad truth is that he may be correct. Any retaliation would drag China into the fray as a nuclear attack retaliation would consume all of South Korea and part of China as well. An invading force that swamped South Korea would ruin any chance or a devestating retaliation by the US.

I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm saying that the strategy is there that might possibly ensure a degree of success. China and Russia would show public outrage then sit on the security council denying any type of retaliation attempt forcing the US and Europe to go it alone and partialy crippling the UN for an extended period of time.

Again, its all just strategizing, but I think it is plausable.

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:20 pm

I agree with widow

i think they just didnt like that Team America movie and are angry

team america fuck you!
ClanKiller | Shade

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:35 pm

omg, wtf!!! the USN is retarded! haven't they ever played battleship?! you NEVER line up all your ships in the same row ...

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 4:44 pm

Catalyst22 wrote:I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm saying that the strategy is there that might possibly ensure a degree of success. China and Russia would show public outrage then sit on the security council denying any type of retaliation attempt forcing the US and Europe to go it alone and partialy crippling the UN for an extended period of time.

No way we would give a shit what China or Russia says on the Security Council if we were directly attacked. We would retaliate regaqrdless.

-Wid

-Game Designer

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 5:32 pm

We tried Diplomacy, back when N. Korea agreed not to go launching any ICBM's. They decided to break the deal.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 5:35 pm

Neither Russian nor China would say anything in protest of retaliation if Koreo attacked US. Just cause they protestest US in attacking Iraq based on lame intelligence doesn't mean they're against US. You're retarded to suggest that they would protect Korea after attacking US. Unless US asks for it...
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 5:46 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:omg, wtf!!! the USN is retarded! haven't they ever played battleship?! you NEVER line up all your ships in the same row ...

hahah... classic! :lol:

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 5:55 pm

You can not compare the U.S. and Canada regarding the reasons why Canada does not get attacked at the U.S. does. There are way too many variables to factor in.

Oh.. and here we go again with the whole "the mean 'ol U.S. doesn't believe in diplomacy" crap again.

Camps

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 6:03 pm

Nobody messes with canada cuz they are next to the US. Seen anyone fuck with the mexicans either?

Plus there is no political or econimic gains by controling canada unless your going to field hockey teams.
ClanKiller | Shade

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 6:05 pm

Shade wrote:Plus there is no political or econimic gains by controling canada unless your going to field hockey teams.

Nah, all of the best players are exported to the US. Stanley Cup Champions from North Carolina? WTF? :twisted:

-Wid

-Game Designer

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 6:07 pm

Derfel wrote:
Shade wrote:Plus there is no political or econimic gains by controling canada unless your going to field hockey teams.

No economic gains by holding Canada? Really? Have you taken a look at a map recently? Ever hear of that thing called oil?

Point being, North Korea isn't going to hit Canada with a missile unless they miss Oregon or something.

Yeah but everyone knows we got dibs on that oil. If they fuck with Canadian oil, they fuck with us. :twisted:

They would have to miss Oregon pretty badly to hit Canada, considering it isn't even a border state. :)

-Wid

-Game Designer

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Derfel wrote:Hah... another group of Yanks I chat with tried to make me feel bad about that loss... I just pointed out the percentage of Canadian players in the entire league, and said it didn't really matter. If anything, I'm glad an Alberta team didn't win it this year in some ways.

I was actually pulling for Edmonton. A childhood friend of mine lives up there, and I spent a couple weeks up there during my college years. Had a good time partyin' with all the Canadian chicks.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 6:13 pm

Best_predator wrote:Neither Russian nor China would say anything in protest of retaliation if Koreo attacked US. Just cause they protestest US in attacking Iraq based on lame intelligence doesn't mean they're against US. You're retarded to suggest that they would protect Korea after attacking US. Unless US asks for it...

I sploke in hypotheticals and you speak in absolutes. Good for you...

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 7:44 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Yes, because the asshole leading that country is an ego-maniac drunk with power. If his country no longer existed, he would be a ruler of nothing.

-Wid

Haha, and Bush sure isn't/isn't doing that.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 10:32 pm

we spent WAYYY too much on that stealth bomber...i can see it plain as day
ender will save us all

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Jun 23rd, 2006 at 11:41 pm

Derfel wrote:
Campsalot wrote:You can not compare the U.S. and Canada regarding the reasons why Canada does not get attacked at the U.S. does. There are way too many variables to factor in.

Give me three reasons Camps. Just three.

1) The US population is more than 9 times that of Canada

2) The US GDP is more than 12 times that of Canada

3) The US yearly consumption of oil is more than 11 times that of Canada

Camps

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 24th, 2006 at 12:19 am

actually .. the US imports most of our oil from Canada .. if the terrorists wanted to disrupt oil production in the US, bombing canada would be a logical thing to do .. prices would spike instantly ..

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Jun 24th, 2006 at 1:08 am

IMO.... If shit ever hits the fans and anyone throws a nuke at us they will get pwnd like keyser did when boom banned him rofl.

Return to “General Discussion”