first drinking experience

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

first drinking experience

Postby Oreo » Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:14 am

Well now that it's 7am and i can sort of see straight and read my text, I'll share a bit.

Today was my first night ever drinking.. I'm 21 years old and hadn't touched alcohol before. It was always a choice, nothing religious or family really kept me away from it, i had plenty of opportunities. Hell, I turned 21 over a week ago, I could legally go get drunk a while ago. Anyway, tonight I chose to just.. try it out, see what it was about instead of being ignorant..

So, I go to the liquor store to get something. I know I should probably just get a few beers and see what it was like to be buzzed and whatnot, but i decided, shit I'll go all out. So, ignorance is bliss, I'm in the liquor store having no idea what to fuckin get. I end up in the rum section thinking that might be a taste for me... and look for the most familiar thing. So, I see a Bacardi glass of rum and I think hrm, I've seen comercials for that maybe it's a good choice and will taste good. I get a pint because I figure that's a good amount and I don't want a huge fuckin gallon or anything.

I stop by the grocery store and pick up some Coca Cola, because I hear rum and coke is a decent thing to try you know? I'm kind of anxious to get home because I don't know what's going to happen or if I will even drink any. I put some ice in a glass, and try say... 1/10th rum to coke. It's pretty spicy and flavorfulll, but not really my kind of taste. Not really what I was expecting though, it was kind of strong. Anyway, I change it up a bit and go for about an oz of it on my 3rd glass to 5 oz or so of coke. Much more powerful this time and still kinda strange. Anyway, I start to feel a bit light headed but I'm still thinking completely clear around this time.. talking in IRC and enjoying myself. Laughing uncontrollably at all the feelings.

So, here I am talking in IRC and K2 is like, so what are you drinking? and I'm like, Bacardi rum.. puerto rican rum or something it's alright. (I can still taste it a bit in my mouth lmao, and that was like 9 hours ago) Anyway, it comes up he wants to know exactly what I'm drinking. I say, Bacardi 151, and he says, 151?! And I'm like yea, it says 75.5% alcohol, that's pretty high isn't it? Everyone in IRC starts laughing at me! rofl, so gg, here I am finding out that 151 is pretty much the strongest rum, almost the strongest stuff you can get in a store, short of everclear (which you can't really get most states), and it's my fuckin first time ever having a drink. Crazy guy that I am and feeling a little goofy, I take a few straight swigs from the flask, after which I'm told no don't do it!! It kind of burns going down and it's a bit powerful, but I manage a few coughs and exhales of air. (I'm shivering thinking about it lmao, maybe just cold).

Anyway, 10 minutes later I am really feeling dizzy, but I can still think straight. I keep talking about my experience on IRC and everything that comes to my mind, yet, most of the time I really don't want to talk about it. I'm laughing uncontrollably still and think it's the most hilarious thing in the world. Then the screen starts spinning. Holy crap, I felt like I had spun in a circle with my head around a baseball bat 15 times (remember that?). Where the entire world spins upwards in one direction repeatedly and you want to fall over. I stand up and I am stumbling around the whole house. I don't feel sick at all strangely, I just feel... very dizzy. I put my hand on the wall and walk down the hall to my room. I want to just lay down and make it all stop spinning. For some reason it's still funny to me and I can't control my laughter.. yet, I am not sick at all, just have no balance. I lay down and take a 3 hour nap and wake up.

I still remember all of the things that happened and I am a bit dizzy from it. I come back to the computer and get on battlefield 2 to play with some friends. I consciously can hear myself speaking and my words are slurred and sometimes I make mistakes when I'm talking, but in my head I know what I am saying and trying to say. in fact, I can even tell that I'm making mistakes and I correct myself after saying something incorrectly 3 or 4 times. Once again I find it hilarious that I can't even talk, I'm still slightly dizzy and dazed, and I rofl still am getting 23-5 score and on the top of my team driving a vehicle around the map. Everyone in teamspeak thinks it's hilarious that I was such a dumbshit for getting bacardi 151 and that I'm still playing battlefield 2 after having half a pint of it and weighing 130 pounds.

I drank a lot of water and still can think clearly and I am no longer dizzy. Although I feel a bit light headed when I move around too quick and I feel... light in my stomach with butterflies, I feel okay. I am surprised that it took me almost 9 hours to get to this point, and I am still awake. it's fuckin 7am and I am not even tired, was it the caffeine in the coke maybe? I only had like 15oz of coke or so. Anyway, my first experience is probably pretty close to my last. I know what it's like to be slightly drunk (maybe I was all the way drunk for all I fuckin know, I could barely stand up on my way to my bedroom..), and am no longer ignorant. I can't say that I was wasted because wouldn't I have passed out and forgot everything? or do people just react differently to it? Anyway, I was conscious to everything I was doing the whole time, it was just a strange experience. Funny how I went from feeling fine to being extremely dizzy over a short amount of time. I think it took less than 5 minutes from the time I felt.. light headed and warm till I couldn't fuckin focus on anything.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Nad

Postby Nad » Jun 11th, 2006 at 10:26 am

ahhh, the good ole days. congrats oreo, you popped the "other" cherry :D
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Jun 11th, 2006 at 10:55 am

Roffle, thats funny shit. When you just start drinking, liquors go down really easy. Cause you haven't yet experienced BAD hangovers. Once you puke your brains out couple of times you start having some kind of natural body resistence to alchohol. So it tastes a lot nastier and stronger than ever before. Gona make you cringe when you take a shot :). So enjoy it while you can.
As far as how you feel, once you have slurred speach and you stumble around thats a good time to stop. Which in "social situations" will be harder most of the time. Everything that comes afterward is just bad news. But you'll find out for yourself :P.
Also dude... word of advice, WATCH what you say lol. Cause when you drunk you cannot control what you say, you can say someones secret just cause you thinks its funny or just say some dumb shit. LoL thats one of the things you might regret the most the next morning. So dont get drunk to the point where u cant control it or get drunk to the point where you won't remember it next morning lol.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 12:02 pm

My first legal drinking experience was alright. Got so sick couldnt speak right the next day. Was drinkin Golden Grain and haiwain punch (the green kind). it goes down smooth at first so u start thinking, hey i can handle this. So then you start adding more alcohol then wut ur mixing it with. Then it really gets fun. The only time I have ever ( and wont do it again) drove drunk was when I thought i was ok to drive but wound up knocking my passenger side mirror off. Thank god it wasnt the stationary kind of mirror or it wouldve ripped my mirror completely off instead of just breaking the glass part. I'll never do it again. But Oreo if you wanna have u some real fun ill send ya some WW. Won cannibus cup 2 yrs ago. I like Georgia alcohol laws and such because its pretty much free to buy anything but moonshine and even then they have a kind of moonshine in the liquor stores. Atlanta is the place to go for partying. Puppy should know that now since he's at GT. I got a brother who lives in stockbridge (20 mins south of atl) who's a 28 yr old hippy and drinkins nothing but brown ale's or crown royal. Brown ale is too rough for me goin down and we;; point blank, crown is a lil bit on the high side. So I'll stick with my Budweiser and Gentleman's Jack Daniels

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jun 11th, 2006 at 1:34 pm

You can get Everclear in most states Oreo. Just visit a PX.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 11th, 2006 at 1:56 pm

Miracl3 wrote: Puppy should know that now since he's at GT.

i havenb't really gone out yet in ATL

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jun 11th, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Not everyone passes out when they are wasted. Only potential alcoholics will do that. Or someone who's malnourished in the first place.

And I've never really understood the idea of getting drunk while you're playing computer games. I'd rather get drunk around people, so when I get rowdy I have someone to fight with. :D
I've been deleted!!

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Jun 11th, 2006 at 2:30 pm

Haha, I just wanted to be in a safe atmosphere in case something crazy happened. I had no idea what was going to happen or how I would react and I didn't want to be some place I didn't want to be when it happened.

In other news, I slept fretfully from 7:30am to 12:30pm... I woke up about 5 times and I still am not rested plus my whole body feels... like I did a big workout and didn't get enough sleep. My stomach feels crappy, but I don't have a headache or anything.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 4:17 pm

Typically you wont begin aquiring headaches until after you have got sick on alcohol. This seems true, although I can't think of any medical reason that it would be.

The key to NOT getting a hangover is to drink 2 big glasses of water before you go to bed.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Jun 11th, 2006 at 4:19 pm

Catalyst22 wrote:
The key to NOT getting a hangover is to drink 2 big glasses of water before you go to bed.

That's exactly what I did. 2 big glasses of water. :)

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Lol... my first time getting drunk was on Rum and Coke too.... to this day i can't stand the smell of either. :) I'll stick with beer thank you very much.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 7:59 pm

I'm so glad i log this shit... lol....
LH-Oreo` my entire bofdy is l]tingline m an
LH-Oreo` tningling
LH-Oreo` tingling
LH-Oreo` y throat burns
LH-Oreo` i want to throw up so badim so dizzy
LH-Oreo` my go fthis is the worst feleing ever
LH-Oreo` wh would you wANT TO FEEL THIS
LH-Oreo` \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ v
LH-Oreo` this csk
LH-Oreo` s
LH-Oreo` this scks
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Jun 11th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

that was the point when i couldn't read the monitor and i felt like i had just gone on a merry go round at full speed for 5 minutes.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:47 pm

yah oreo, drinking solo = not so great. drink socially = awesome.
I've been deleted!!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Best thing to avoid the most severe effects of a hangover - drink at least 8oz of milk (not skim) before you go to sleep/pass out.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:50 pm

GameOver wrote:yah oreo, drinking solo = not so great. drink socially = awesome.

Well, Oreo was trying to compare it to his other SOLO actions.......

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Jun 11th, 2006 at 10:58 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:
Miracl3 wrote: Puppy should know that now since he's at GT.

i havenb't really gone out yet in ATL

damn pup you need to, im goin up to my bro's this upcoming weekend and we gonna go party hard

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Jun 12th, 2006 at 12:25 am

i put 151 on my cereal...

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jun 12th, 2006 at 1:18 am

Try weed, it's not as bad.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » Jun 12th, 2006 at 1:28 am

b0ba wrote:i put 151 on my cereal...

Fuckin' A right.
Try it in Ramen. :D
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jun 12th, 2006 at 8:02 am

Freak'n hillareous, Oreo. Was fun to read :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 12th, 2006 at 4:57 pm

Miracl3 wrote:damn pup you need to, im goin up to my bro's this upcoming weekend and we gonna go party hard

i just moved here so i don't really know where to go. it doesn't help that i live about 30 min from downtown either ...

Jennthrotull
K2's better half

Postby Jennthrotull » Jun 13th, 2006 at 4:05 am

I have never had so much to drink that I passed out or blacked out - however there was a morning I woke up and didn't remember if the party was at my house until I saw the keg in the kitchen. Footprints and salsa on the ceiling...those were good times :wink:

The Bacardi factory in Puerto Rico is a must see if you ever get the chance to go over there in the words of my college roomate, "It's like Disney World for college kids!"

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Jun 13th, 2006 at 2:06 pm

reading this makes me want to throw up. i can't drink crazy like that anymore. my body knows the limit and shuts me down before i kill myself.

Return to “General Discussion”