World Cup Schedule

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
Kahuna Mas
Senior Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Feb 11th, 2004 at 9:57 am

Postby Kahuna Mas » Jun 26th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

So under that thought process, are all Russians still considered commies? This phrase came to be synonomis (sp?) with the people from the Soviet Union back in the day.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 26th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

Best_predator wrote:Its not ignorance. Holland became synonymous with Netherlands long time ago. Deal with it. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just made a crack at you being so politically correct about something that has become so widely accepted and pretty much harmless.


I'm pretty sure we were arguing this a while back and Predator took the opposite view of what he is taking now.

Good stuff lol.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 26th, 2006 at 3:10 pm

Kahuna Mas wrote:So under that thought process, are all Russians still considered commies? This phrase came to be synonomis (sp?) with the people from the Soviet Union back in the day.


Bad comparison again.
A lot of them still would rather have communist in rule. But i dont know again we're talking about countries not people. And "commies" is usually used as a degrading(in a way) term.

Cat, instead of pullin some shit out of your fuckin ass and calling me a hypocrite, why don't you find where I ever argued that Netherland MUST NOT be called Holland and its ignorant to do that.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
furious
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: May 11th, 2006 at 11:15 am

Postby furious » Jun 26th, 2006 at 4:03 pm

well, if u want a good comparison, most of europe will call any american a yankee. That to us implies we're from new york.

Same as if u say to a dutch man that he's from holland.

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 26th, 2006 at 4:12 pm

lol its still comparing what you call a person to where he's from. The only comparison that i would see as legit would be USSR being often called Russia for short even though at the time it was USSR and not just Russia. Those 2 were just became synonymous, though calling USSR Russia is politically incorrect.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 26th, 2006 at 5:41 pm

furious wrote:well, if u want a good comparison, most of europe will call any american a yankee. That to us implies we're from new york.

Same as if u say to a dutch man that he's from holland.


i'm pretty sure yankees applied to all north easterners, not just new yorkers ..

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 26th, 2006 at 5:47 pm

Fuck yeah! Rare but prolly one of the most exciting spectacles. PENALTY SHOOTOUT! w0000t. Ukraine FTW!!! Shovkovskiy is fuckin awesome!
I like this picture of him roffle

Image
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » Jun 26th, 2006 at 5:58 pm

after the 90 mins i was soo hoping for pk's ... sucks the swiss weren't ready for it .... but i knew that Ukraine would win :)

btw, that save was awesome , even better picture
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » Jun 26th, 2006 at 6:03 pm

Derfel wrote:Two words - fuck Italy. And I'm part Italian too.


ya i overselpt missed the game, saw the "foul" that lead to the PK ... what can i say ... italian soccer at it's best performance. teams like this give soccer a bad name. I know all teams do it , blah blah ,but come on ... it's like they majored in it ...

i'm pretty pissed , world cup was going okay and with the craptastic game of netherlands vs portugal and now this bad turnout from australia vs italy , i hope it stops here
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 26th, 2006 at 6:12 pm

Derfel wrote:Two words - fuck Italy. And I'm part Italian too.


Silly Ginea Wop! (j/k)


Taken from www.uncly
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Italy
Primarily known by bread-eating people as being the birthplace of pizza, by movie buffs as being the home of the mafia, and by everyone else as being the birthplace of pink sweaters tossed leisurely about the neck, Italy is, in essence, a fascinating giant leather boot, found propping up the underbelly of Europe and stretching several hundred thousand miles into the dank cesspit that is the Mediterranean sea.

Mostly inhabited by a deceptively lazy race of mutant beasts known as Eyetalians, Italy boasts a warm, sunny climate, conducive to much breast showing in the summer time, and cool winters, which mark the annual native hibernation period (usually spent in bed). Rich in history yet curiously bereft of modern culture, Italy was announced to be the No. 1 bestselling foot garment of 2004 by John Woo.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 27th, 2006 at 11:49 am

RONALDOOOOO!!!!! O Fenomeno!!!!!

AHAHAH did u see THAT shit!! w00t. Nice wait to beat the record!

Adrino is a fuckin fag for not giving a ball to Ronaldo. That was so stupid...
Ghana is doing really well too.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Jun 27th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

yeah .. but ghan's spent too much time on the offensive, which is a dnagerous thing to do against brazil ...

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 27th, 2006 at 8:37 pm

ender*(gayless) wrote:ps. i finally figured out what has been bothering me, ronaldinho looks exactly like a donkey


u mean Jar Jar Binks?

Image
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » Jun 28th, 2006 at 4:12 pm

here we go ... France vs Brazil. should be exciting to say the least... Just sucks that the referee for this game is Spanish , hope he doesn't play favorites and calls a good game.
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 28th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

I hope he plays Brazil favorites :P lol. Yea, brazil vs france is a match up Ive been lookin for since 1998. Fags got lucky that Ronaldo had a seizure before the game.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 28th, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Cat, instead of pullin some shit out of your fuckin ass and calling me a hypocrite, why don't you find where I ever argued that Netherland MUST NOT be called Holland and its ignorant to do that.


lol, don't get your panties in a wad. The previous discussion was Russia vs Ukraine if I remember correctly and you argued vehemently in the opposing view.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 28th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

roffle, what kind of insult is that? Where the fuck did that come from?

What argument? Russia is Russia, Ukraine is Ukraine. 2 different countries. They're both slavic so that makes us closer but thats bout it. You picking one argument, which I don't remember ever happening unless it was just comment, and compare it to something irrelavent. Or, again, you're making shit up as you always do when you argue. Oh wait, Im sorry, most of your knowledge comes from googling, for every subject that is debated.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 28th, 2006 at 11:17 pm

damn, you are upset. Simmer down now. I wasn't trying to insult you. If I was, I'd do better than to point out a previous discussion.

I never make shit up. I do google quite a bit and I do not hide that I google. I never claimed to have a vast knowledge base in my head. Nobody has all the knowledge they desire inside their noggin. I have a horrible memory so when I am uncertain about something I have read or heard or seen posted here I look it up and post my findings.

I wish I could say the same about you, but most of what you add to the discussion is opinion stated as fact with a blanket dismissal to anyone with opposing views.

Calm down, its not a big deal.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 29th, 2006 at 3:29 am

lol you're so weak at this cat. The only reason I even answered u is because you're making shit up that I haven't said. I can take shit all day long and i have been since i came to US, it doesn't tilt me anymore. What i hate is lying. And you made up a lie about me to please your confidence.

Catalyst22 wrote:I never make shit up.

Catalyst22 wrote:I'm pretty sure we were arguing this a while back and Predator took the opposite view of what he is taking now.

Catalyst22 wrote:The previous discussion was Russia vs Ukraine if I remember correctly and you argued vehemently in the opposing view.


Catalyst22 wrote:I wasn't trying to insult you.

Catalyst22 wrote:lol, don't get your panties in a wad.

roffle yea, i hope you werent TRYING cause i know you can do better. Cmon now.


Catalyst22 wrote:I have a horrible memory so when I am uncertain about something I have read or heard or seen posted here I look it up and post my findings.

Pred wrote:why don't you find where I ever argued that Netherland MUST NOT be called Holland and its ignorant to do that.


I even asked you to. Still waiting. At least find that "previous discussion" about Russia vs Ukraine... lol
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
furious
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: May 11th, 2006 at 11:15 am

Postby furious » Jun 29th, 2006 at 8:23 am

wait, russia and the ukraine are 2 different things?

User avatar
Kahuna Mas
Senior Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Feb 11th, 2004 at 9:57 am

Postby Kahuna Mas » Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:05 am

Best_predator wrote:lol you're so weak at this cat. The only reason I even answered u is because you're making shit up that I haven't said. I can take shit all day long and i have been since i came to US, it doesn't tilt me anymore. What i hate is lying. And you made up a lie about me to please your confidence.

Catalyst22 wrote:I never make shit up.

Catalyst22 wrote:I'm pretty sure we were arguing this a while back and Predator took the opposite view of what he is taking now.

Catalyst22 wrote:The previous discussion was Russia vs Ukraine if I remember correctly and you argued vehemently in the opposing view.


Catalyst22 wrote:I wasn't trying to insult you.

Catalyst22 wrote:lol, don't get your panties in a wad.

roffle yea, i hope you werent TRYING cause i know you can do better. Cmon now.


Catalyst22 wrote:I have a horrible memory so when I am uncertain about something I have read or heard or seen posted here I look it up and post my findings.

Pred wrote:why don't you find where I ever argued that Netherland MUST NOT be called Holland and its ignorant to do that.


I even asked you to. Still waiting. At least find that "previous discussion" about Russia vs Ukraine... lol


Man Ukranians have short tempers...

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 29th, 2006 at 10:12 am

Especially the Russian Ukranians.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 29th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Thats right cat, run while you can ahah.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Jun 29th, 2006 at 3:25 pm

I've never seen someone break down every sentence I write into quotes for no apparent reason. Its bizarre and a tad bit scary.

Its like getting mug'd by a guy with a gun and using a drawing of the muggers gun for self defense.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jun 30th, 2006 at 12:56 pm

Argentina-Germany 1:1 in main time.
Fuckin Argentinian coach is a dumbass to go defensive after scoring goal. They were controlling the fuckin field the whole time with that 11 and he had to make a change. Fuckin pussy. I hope he doesn't pay for that. Go ARGENTINA!
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests