Da Vinci Code, have you seen it?

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r
Posts: 1191
Joined: Jan 1st, 2005 at 3:49 pm

Da Vinci Code, have you seen it?

Postby Oreo » May 20th, 2006 at 5:36 am

My dad read the book and said it was fantastic and he NEVER reads books because he isn't into fiction. I heard the movie would be controversial or whatever. I have no solid beliefs any way in religion and I like movies in general. Anyone here seen it and have an opinion on if the MOVIE itself was good since that's all it is, a movie?

User avatar
EatMoreLead
Benefactor
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sep 17th, 2002 at 11:59 pm

Postby EatMoreLead » May 20th, 2006 at 10:04 am

the book was not fiction
EatMoreLead aka EML

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » May 20th, 2006 at 10:34 am

EatMoreLead wrote:the book was not fiction


lol

yes the book is fiction, it's just based on certain factual organizations and research (there is no actual symbology professor named robert langdon).
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
Nad
Moderator
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 8:15 am

Postby Nad » May 20th, 2006 at 10:41 am

EatMoreLead wrote:the book was not fiction




fanboi
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll
Image

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » May 20th, 2006 at 11:27 am

GameOver wrote:
EatMoreLead wrote:the book was not fiction


lol

yes the book is fiction, it's just based on certain factual organizations and research (there is no actual symbology professor named robert langdon).


Umm... fake name, or fake character doesn't really make the book "fiction".
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » May 20th, 2006 at 12:02 pm

the book sucked. all hype.

User avatar
JayPhat
Elite Member
Posts: 2701
Joined: Feb 24th, 2005 at 7:35 pm

Postby JayPhat » May 20th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

From what I have heard from people, the movie is shit. People were making snide remarks through various parts of the movie, and in one theater in Boston i think, the entire audience laughed at the ending.
Image

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » May 20th, 2006 at 1:25 pm

There are about three things a person can say to make me ignore them for the rest of my life:
"Canada has one of the ten strongest armies in the world."
"No, not all artists are mentally unstable."
"You should read the Da Vinci Code."
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » May 20th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

The book is not based on factual research. It's fiction based on fiction. The research popularized here can be found in the book "Holy Blood Holy Grail" which has been debunked as completely fabricated.

User avatar
Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r
Posts: 1191
Joined: Jan 1st, 2005 at 3:49 pm

Postby Oreo » May 20th, 2006 at 3:43 pm

sounds like a movie worth downloading then.. ;)

User avatar
b0ba
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:17 am

Postby b0ba » May 20th, 2006 at 4:13 pm

the da vinci code was a great book...i am looking forward to the movie

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » May 20th, 2006 at 4:23 pm

Ive been hearin split reviews all the way through. Haven't heard much of "its decent" or "its ok". Just gona have to see for myself.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Jahiliyya
Senior Member
Posts: 648
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 pm

Postby Jahiliyya » May 20th, 2006 at 7:12 pm

Book was good...we'll have to see about the movie.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

User avatar
Dylan
Senior Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2005 at 1:54 am

Postby Dylan » May 20th, 2006 at 7:38 pm

I went past the old women picketing and saw it on friday. Though it had its moments of "what was the point of that shot" I still thought it was a good movie. I didnt read the book but I could still predict certain points of the movie. It was no masterpiece but its not the one star movie some critics are giving it. Plus the chick, Audrey Tautou, is hot

There's your decent movie review Pred.
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » May 20th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

What i meant was, ppl either hate it or love it :P
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
WidowMaker
Benefactor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 7:49 pm

Postby WidowMaker » May 20th, 2006 at 11:08 pm

The Da Vinci code has been debunked thoroughly. It was based on a book released 20+ years ago called Holy Blood, Holy Grail. In interviews, the authors of the book Holy Boold Holy Grail have stated that they had no factual evidence, that it was just a hypothesis they had come up with. In fact, every single piece of "evidence" supporting the Da Vinci Code or Holy Blood, Holy Grail has been debunked with the exception of the "interpretation" of Da Vinci's "Last Supper" painting. But most art scholars think the interpretation of the painting that supports the Da Vinci Code is ridiculous.

There have been several documentaries in recent weeks about the truth behinf the Da Vinci Code on Discovery Channel and History Channel.


-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » May 20th, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Yea lol, theres several channels show it. Couple of days i saw like 3 or 4 channels showin somethin about da vinci...
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
canong|proval
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 15th, 2004 at 5:13 pm

Postby canong|proval » May 21st, 2006 at 5:20 am

so people still read bppks?
Adonis - 60 Undead Priest - Tailor Enchanter - Cho'gall Server
Bevout - 60 Tauren Warrior - Miner Herbalist - Cho'gall Server
Hotsmchothot - 45 Undead Mage -Alchemist Engineer - Cho'gall Server

User avatar
EatMoreLead
Benefactor
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sep 17th, 2002 at 11:59 pm

Postby EatMoreLead » May 21st, 2006 at 9:06 am

Also, the "left behind" series, that is also non-fiction.
EatMoreLead aka EML

User avatar
Phoenix
Elite Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Nov 24th, 2004 at 3:13 pm

Postby Phoenix » May 21st, 2006 at 1:28 pm

Derfel wrote:
WidowMaker wrote:The Da Vinci code has been debunked thoroughly.


Maybe one day they'll say the same of the Christian Bible... but I guess 40 day floods and smiting from above are scientific fact. :roll:


First off they are not above fact, there is some evidence to support it, the same goes for the Da Vinci code. The fact of the matter is that Jesus may just have had kids and if you think Mary went to her grave a virgin you are smoking some real good weed. To say there is no fact behind the Da Vinci code is stupid, just like to say it is all fact would be stupid.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » May 21st, 2006 at 2:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Derfel wrote:
WidowMaker wrote:The Da Vinci code has been debunked thoroughly.


Maybe one day they'll say the same of the Christian Bible... but I guess 40 day floods and smiting from above are scientific fact. :roll:


First off they are not above fact, there is some evidence to support it, the same goes for the Da Vinci code. The fact of the matter is that Jesus may just have had kids and if you think Mary went to her grave a virgin you are smoking some real good weed. To say there is no fact behind the Da Vinci code is stupid, just like to say it is all fact would be stupid.


None of that equates to fact. It's called conjecture.
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
JayPhat
Elite Member
Posts: 2701
Joined: Feb 24th, 2005 at 7:35 pm

Postby JayPhat » May 21st, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Derfel wrote:and if you think Mary went to her grave a virgin you are smoking some real good weed.


By a show of hands, who here thinks mary was a virgin. I mena, just because her old man didn't have sex with her, doesn't mean she wasn't getting any on the side. But, you know, audltery didn't exsist back then so that can't possibly be true.
Image

User avatar
b0ba
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:17 am

Postby b0ba » May 21st, 2006 at 3:04 pm

i saw it last night, and i enjoyed the book and found the movie to be awesome. if u didn't like the book then i think you are stupid

User avatar
WidowMaker
Benefactor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 7:49 pm

Postby WidowMaker » May 21st, 2006 at 5:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:The fact of the matter is that Jesus may just have had kids and if you think Mary went to her grave a virgin you are smoking some real good weed. To say there is no fact behind the Da Vinci code is stupid, just like to say it is all fact would be stupid.


Pigs might have flown out of Jesus' butt too, but there is no evidence to support it, just like there is no evidence to support him having children.

Which Mary are you referring to? Jesus' mother, or Mary Magdalene. His mother married Joseph, so yes, I am quite sure they had sex before she died. Mary Magdalene was a prostitute before she met Jesus, so I would say she probably had sex too. So what was your point again?


-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Game Designer

-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com

-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » May 21st, 2006 at 5:48 pm

Jesus also had half brothers and sisters. Mary had children with Joseph after Jesus was born.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests