Need help with PayPal claim I won

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Need help with PayPal claim I won

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 6:13 am

I won my paypal claim, but I did not get all of my money back. here is any useful information you might need to know. I need to know what to do next to get my money back, or what I can possibly do. I am out $285.20 and I am not very happy at all.

-I won an auction on ebay from a user with 3 positive feedback.
-I paid for the item with PayPal, direct transfer from my bank account.
-I paid for shipping and insurance with the same payment.
-The seller said 1 day later the item was shipped and would be there in 5 days.
-Day 4: the seller's ebay account was deleted/suspended.
-I send email to user asking for status of package or a tracking number, no response.
-The item never arrives.
-I send email to user asking for status or more information, no response.
-I sent another email asking for my money back, no response.
-10 days pass.
-I file a complaint with PayPal.
-10 days pass.
-PayPal's complaint system replies and by default I win the case due to no response from the seller.
-"We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $175.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time."
-I am missing $285.20 of my initial purchase.
-I contacted the Seller and got no response.
-I am very angry.

What do I do next?
What can I do?
Is my money gone forever?
Should I contact ebay or PayPal for more help?
Can I file with BBB or Small Claims?
If I can, how do I and what information do I provide?

Any helpful information would be extremely useful. I know saying fuck paypal, fuck ebay, or fuck people might be fun to say, but it doesn't help me get any money back. Let me know if you have any ideas, I am very unhappy.

b0ba

Postby b0ba » May 17th, 2006 at 7:43 am

wow thats fucking lame....

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » May 17th, 2006 at 7:55 am

yeh i don't buy from low count sellers.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 7:58 am

Derfel wrote:Contact eBay. They should also have some coverage you can use.

Per terms on the ebay and paypal agreements, you can only file through paypal or through ebay. Only one or the other for the same transaction, but not both. If I had claimed through ebay, I would have been covered up to $200-$25 for processing. Aka, a max possible of $175, which by coincidence was the exact amount I got through paypal.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » May 17th, 2006 at 8:09 am

I thought PayPal had $1000 buyer protection?

I know this doesn't help you now but going forward you should always pay with a credit card tranfer via PayPal. Then if you get screwed you can just call your CC company and have them cancel the charge.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » May 17th, 2006 at 9:17 am

Like Burz said... use a CC. I find it funny that when you use ebay and you select a CC as the payment instead of your direct checking account they say somethin like "Are you sure you want to do this? You wont get our protection. Blah blah blah."

I've been burned with paypal before, so last time i was fradued on ebay i just called the CC company and they refunded me the money in 10 minutes. Too easy. :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » May 17th, 2006 at 10:15 am

Don't get too upset. It's the wonderful world of the Intra-web. Everyone's bound to get ripped off once or twice.

Also, did anyone else notice how 'in the know' Burz was about this? His little words of wisdom dripping w/ egotism indicating a serious inferiority complex. You should prolly start looking into him, Oreo. I bet he's got yer money.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » May 17th, 2006 at 10:23 am

i got ripped off on a $20 t-shirt through paypal maybe 5 years ago. Paypal did nothing to help me get the money back. I haven't used them since, and wont ever use them.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » May 17th, 2006 at 10:25 am

I would call the BB and let them tell you what to do. Even if they can't help you they can tell you the steps to take to get help better than any of us can.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Nad

Postby Nad » May 17th, 2006 at 12:16 pm

From the looks of it, paypal is trying to get your money. They won't go as far as to garnish his wages over 280 bucks, its not worth the court costs. The will probably put a claim in with small claims court and get a summary judgement against him, in which case you will get nothing but he will get a warrant. So you lose 282 bucks, but might get the satisfaction of tossing someone in jail for a little while. And Paypal might actually get some of your money back.

Good luck man, i don't know where you should go from here, but calling the BBB doesnt sound like a half bad idea.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » May 17th, 2006 at 12:46 pm

LOL Jahi :P

When I was get'n ripped off I tried to use PayPal first. But since it was over 70lbs they said it voided their coverage. I still had to pay their little "coverage fee" though. fags.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » May 17th, 2006 at 1:48 pm

that's interesting, never knew that about paypal. i always declined getting a CC because i figured i could just get Paypal for online stuff... after seeing this, i might have to get a CC :(
I've been deleted!!

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » May 17th, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Burzum wrote:LOL Jahi :P

When I was get'n ripped off I tried to use PayPal first. But since it was over 70lbs they said it voided their coverage. I still had to pay their little "coverage fee" though. fags.

mail oder bride ran away?
I've been deleted!!

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 3:53 pm

Yea, I didn't realize until now that using the CC through paypal was the most protected way. The credit card company can issue a chargeback for the full amount (and just take the money directly from paypal), this causes paypal to use their insurance to cover the costs or be more interested in getting the money back from the guy.

I contacted a few people and they are surprised I even got $175, which basically means that's all that was in the guy's account and they expected me to get $0. The suggested course of action was a registered mail sent to the user stating that if I did not get my money back, I would be filing a small claims file against him. Then I would call the police in his town and discuss the issue with them.

Problem, all I know is his email address - which of course is false based on the fact that it's @aim.com which can be easily spoofed and hard to track. I don't know his home address or phone number, and his name could be fake too "Kris Epaminonda"

ROFL GG GOOGLE, HE'S A CS PLAYER.

http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?98648

His assassin2k4 name almost matches perfectly with his AIM name, ROFL!!! I'm gonna get this bitch!

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » May 17th, 2006 at 4:20 pm

Thats him.

Here is his URL

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/cyberthief/us.htm

note the "cyberthief" in the URL?
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 4:31 pm

Also, that icon was on the website, just with different words which is why I was confused. I thought that I *was* protected up to $1000 only I went back and checked the auction and it was not what it said.

auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8801921570

Also, I went searching on the internet for more information and it looks like this person's name could indeed be real. He has a CS alias of hydr0, and runs under the nick assasins2k4 (familiar?, his email is assasins2k6@aim.com).

here is a page I found with his name and age. also his CAL listing (which in the CAL rules he has to state his real name and address, though who knows if he really did, but it might be an option of finding more information about him).

http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?98648
http://www.caleague.com/?page=user&userid=267823

Then on this angelfire page, there is a picture of a person who is 18 (in 2004) which matches up with him turning 19 in 2005, and still being 19 in 2006 like the CAL page says. Also on the homepage it has a paypal link, which I will list here, but it when it says to donate, the account is suspended. I cannot find out the address it lists though as it is encrypted.

Found more information.

pwnal1ty - is another game name he uses.

This website: http://www.grlanparty.com/lanparty_a...rname=pwnal1ty

Shows that he uses a similar email name: assasins2k4@gmail.com

The team name is the same on the CAL page:
Web Site: http://teamh20.com -- that one.

The city is the same as the angelfire link.

It looks like I found him!!! His name, city, counter-strike names, girlfriend's name, dog's name, all sorts of information. Checking AOL white pages now to see if he's listed.

Name: Kris Epaminonda
City: Monroe, MI
CS Names: pwnal1ty, hydr0

Couldn't find him or parents on white pages. His girlfriend's last name brought up 5 results though of possible parents.

His Girlfriend on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/ikswelapo

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » May 17th, 2006 at 4:45 pm

GG google. :) It's surprising what you can find online if you just digg a bit... :) GG and i hope you stick it to the sucka!
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » May 17th, 2006 at 4:48 pm

What an ugly ass mofo... find out his address and get those money out of his health.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » May 17th, 2006 at 4:50 pm

LOL

You could send him a collection of information and say "Pay up or I'm calling the police"

Go go go!

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » May 17th, 2006 at 5:07 pm

I don't really give a shit either way, but based off this website:

You could probably get him on statutory rape or something. It says he's 18 and his GF is 15.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 5:27 pm

Yea, that was a year ago I think. So now he's 19 and his girlfriend is 16-17 (says 17 on myspace). Although still underage, 2 kids living in the ghetto (based off the picture), that have been together for 2 years have probably had sex a few times.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » May 17th, 2006 at 6:05 pm

Oreo wrote:Yea, that was a year ago I think. So now he's 19 and his girlfriend is 16-17 (says 17 on myspace). Although still underage, 2 kids living in the ghetto (based off the picture), that have been together for 2 years have probably had sex a few times.

wtf does being in the ghetto have to do with anything? you fucking suburbanites crack me up. "oh our nice suburban kids wont be fucking like those animals in the ghettos". yeah right. :roll:

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » May 17th, 2006 at 6:11 pm

lmao, too true. both will fuck just as much. :p

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » May 17th, 2006 at 6:19 pm

This should be fun to watch. Keep us up to date Oreo.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » May 17th, 2006 at 6:21 pm

Michigan, eh? I'll get your money for ya Oreo. But it's gonna cost ya. I don't just drive to the M state for anyone.

Return to “General Discussion”