relationship woes

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:18 am

Jennthrotull wrote:My 2 cents - and please consider it carefully before running away screaming. Offer to go with her this weekend to her mom's place. Do not commit to doing this every weekend - just occasionally. Her biggest complaint is that you do not spend enough time with her. By staying home all weekend while she and your kid go to her mom's, you are perpetuating this feeling. During the week you both work, and then are tired when you get home. The weekend is the time to relax and spend time with your family. Think about how much time with your kid you are missing out on by staying home. Bottom line - she is pissed you do not go with them.
Oh - and if you really want to earn some points bring her mom flowers.

+1
I most Sunday afternoons with my wife and kids at my inlaws house. Usually 2 or 3 hours. It does nothing for me but makes my wife happy. Work to make her happy and it usually comes back around to her wanting to make you happy.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Miracl3

f u with ur nubbish rubbish

Postby Miracl3 » Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:22 am

u sux0rs ban

Jeng
Elite Member

Re: ya EML's shit is good shit

Postby Jeng » Apr 4th, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Miracl3 wrote:but i do do wrong... such as.... telling her im goin to store to get something and goin off n getting drunk n coming back home...thats my fault but thats only on weekends....weekdays im a family man...actually weekends too but i like to drink a couple beer on weekend nights ....but 1 -2 beers a day on weekends is becoming an alcoholic

If you have to hide your drinking there might be a problem, whether if its with her or if its with you I'm not one to judge. It's also possible that you pulling a "brb going to store to get drunk" is the most promiment thing on her mind when she goes to her moms house and that there might be alot of talk between her and her mom on the subject which could be amplifying it. Then again if 1-2 beers a weekend consistantly gets you drunk either your very lucky, or have a liver problem, or to put it bluntly your lying to us and or to yourself.

Also I know this is a hard concept for some to get their heads around, but its not how much or how often you drink, its the importance you place it in your life that makes one an alcoholic. Not that I'm calling you one, cause I have no idea whats up, just putting out that information.

Sorry, I don't know too much bout relationships, but I know drug abuse like the back of my hand :)
I really need to change this sig

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 4th, 2006 at 7:31 pm

if your woman can walk why hasn't she left you yet?

:P i kid i kid!
I've been deleted!!

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:26 pm

b4nshee wrote:if your woman can walk why hasn't she left you yet?

:P i kid i kid!

You could have done better than that.

I personally was resisting the urge to ask if he remembered the leash.

But that would have been mean to a person I know absolutely nothing about, which means it would have been wrong.........
I really need to change this sig

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Apr 4th, 2006 at 10:33 pm

going to her mom's every weekend is a danger sign. Jenn is right, go to her mom's once or twice a month, and join her 1/2 the time and wtf bring flowers for mom-in-law, it can't hurt. She is prob sitting over at her moms and badmouthing your lazy alcoholic ass. Put an end to that poop immediately! :)
EatMoreLead aka EML

DocNsane

Postby DocNsane » Apr 4th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.

1 Corinthians 13

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Apr 4th, 2006 at 11:59 pm

Get that crap out of the forums! It doesn't incite me to hate minorities, foreigners, or nonbelievers! It must be made up by THE MAN to keep me oppressed!
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Relic

Postby Relic » Apr 5th, 2006 at 9:32 am

Working together AND living together is very tough on a relationship. Abscence makes the heart grow fonder while familiarity breeds contempt. My wife and I used to work together and I put in for a transfer to a different location and that helped out alot.

Have you tried getting her involved with online gaming?

No big deal not having one or two beers a day if it makes her happy. Beer is bad for you anyways, unless its Newcastle.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Teufel

Postby Teufel » Apr 5th, 2006 at 10:59 am

i wish i could afford to drink 1-2 beers a day. :]
-----------------------------------
The things you own.
End up owning you.

Return to “General Discussion”