Tenative HF LAN #7 news

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Tenative HF LAN #7 news

Postby K2 » Mar 16th, 2006 at 12:27 pm

So ya'll will quit asking me at random times, the dates are July 7th - July 9th that's a friday thru Sunday event.

It's gonna be in Dallas again. Tru-Gamerz new management were acting weird about hosting us again, so Wid was kind enough to put me in contact with the SMU GuildHall. All the details havent been worked out yet, but I can confidently say that we WILL be holding our next lan party on their campus, and if things go well, all future gatherings as well.

http://guildhall.smu.edu for more info about where Wid used to work.

Pyrox has used his l33t coding skills and has made us a kick-ass signup form - it's ready to go, only reason you cant access it yet is because I am still finalizing details and cost for the lan.

Once everything is set in stone, the signup form will become available, and I'll do an official news post.

Discuss :P

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Re: Tenative HF LAN #7 news

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 16th, 2006 at 12:42 pm

K2 wrote:Tru-Gamerz new management were acting weird about hosting us again

meh, I think it's for the better.

why not make this stickey?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 16th, 2006 at 12:53 pm

Done.

Yeah, I spoke to Dave from TG last night, he said they wanted us back (esp since I said we'd only have 40-50ppl instead of 100 hah) but their new boss is saying I didnt pay them enough compensation in lowering everyones cover. I shelled out almost 2 grand in compensation, plus all the marketing, and they want more... pffft.

But hey Bobby put me in contact with this woman named Trish at the GH, she's totally kick-ass. Was genuinely helpful and even excited about hosting us. I sent in a proposal of what we'd need and want, she'll look over it, send it up for approval with her boss, and we'll know in about a week if we're good to go with the Guildhall. Honestly tho, I'm pretty sure we've got a green light.

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:12 pm

They are stupid, The exposure they got alone from that lan event should have kept them happy. On top of everything they made a killing in the snack bar.

Who all plans on coming? Im there
ClanKiller | Shade

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:13 pm

K2 wrote:But hey Bobby put me in contact with this woman named Trish at the GH, she's totally kick-ass. Was genuinely helpful and even excited about hosting us. I sent in a proposal of what we'd need and want, she'll look over it, send it up for approval with her boss, and we'll know in about a week if we're good to go with the Guildhall. Honestly tho, I'm pretty sure we've got a green light.
Not to mention all the geeks on campus that might want to get in on this bitch! I bet you'll get a nice net connection and everything. Just being surounded by the essence of video game making will be cool in itself. :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:21 pm

i wasn't a big fan of the way we were treated at TG anyway ...

is this also in a dry town? :roll:

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:48 pm

No its wet there. Also.... Greenville , and Deep Ellum (The two biggest bar strips in Dallas) are only a couple mins away.
ClanKiller | Shade

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:58 pm

Guildhall is in Plano, which is dry (meaning you can only buy beer/wine at the store). You can go to The Colony, which is about a 10-15 minute drive from the Guildhall for the hard liquor.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Nad

Postby Nad » Mar 16th, 2006 at 2:21 pm

or Bring your own. I'm gonna be there, who's trucking from the New Orleans area? Time to caravan bitches.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

hungerfan

Postby hungerfan » Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:52 pm

yeah Puppy...last time you wanted something to do at night...this time you probably will end up locked in the drunk tank all night. :)

(assuming you don't fuck up your car)

Ed

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 16th, 2006 at 5:26 pm

Ed!

Oh hey gang, a lil side-note - June 30th/Friday nite is strictly for us to get together and party. We'll kick it off somewhere at some restaurant, get a buzz on, and for those that are willing and able, we'll hit lower greenville or deep ellum or wherever (boom and puppy, we gotta find that hooka bar place again). Then come saturday morning around 9-10am (or whenever the guildhall says we can come in) is when we'll start the lan - play all day, most if not all of the night, then come back sunday and play all day and start tearing down that evening.

I asked in the proposal if we were allowed to bring in our own food and drink. I also extended an invite to all GH faculty, staff and students. So maybe we'll see more than just the hard-core regs, and possibily convert a few over to HF :P

EDIT - we WILL GI the place and clean it up just as good if not better than the condition it was in before we leave. Period ;)

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 16th, 2006 at 9:06 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Guildhall is in Plano, which is dry (meaning you can only buy beer/wine at the store). You can go to The Colony, which is about a 10-15 minute drive from the Guildhall for the hard liquor.

Oh fucking A. Is every goddamn town in Texas dry?! Or onluy those that we hold the Lan in?

This is a conspiracy!

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 16th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:
WidowMaker wrote:Guildhall is in Plano, which is dry (meaning you can only buy beer/wine at the store). You can go to The Colony, which is about a 10-15 minute drive from the Guildhall for the hard liquor.

Oh fucking A. Is every goddamn town in Texas dry?! Or onluy those that we hold the Lan in?

This is a conspiracy!

Ya'll could hold it in Austin next time, its not dry.......its kinda lame, but not dry.
I really need to change this sig

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Mar 20th, 2006 at 3:20 am

I'll be 21 then, YAYYY!!

Also I invited my GF along and she wants to go..

Only problem is what is she to do when I'm gaming and she's .. doing.. what? lol.

I suppose I'll introduce her to PUPPY..

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

~sX
(o )^( o) Tetas.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Mar 20th, 2006 at 10:11 am

thee is room under the table ftw
EatMoreLead aka EML

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 20th, 2006 at 10:14 am

EatMoreLead wrote:thee is room under the table ftw

but then where am I going to sit?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 20th, 2006 at 1:16 pm

If I got a face, you got a place Danny.

:shock:

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 20th, 2006 at 1:37 pm

<3

Nad

Postby Nad » Mar 20th, 2006 at 2:04 pm

wow, didnt know you wanted danny to sit on your face k2, is that for salad tossin or tea baggin?

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Mar 20th, 2006 at 2:21 pm

I'm trying to get my house sold and move to Tulsa prior to the LAN. If I can get that done then me gets a new system woot and I'll head to Dallas. If not then I'm not hauling my hunk of crap anywhere. It has a temp chipset cooling fan sitting on it and is basically held together with bailing wire and duct tape.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Nad

Postby Nad » Mar 20th, 2006 at 2:46 pm

Cat, you should have seen my rig at the last LAN, sides were falling off from the shitty job i did Dremeling holes for fans that wouldnt fit in the case, it was priceless.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 20th, 2006 at 3:42 pm

i didn't even take PC, just hauled my laptop. didn't game much either ...

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 20th, 2006 at 5:33 pm

Yeah I spent most of my time running around like mad trying to smooth things over with the tournament. This year it's gonna be gaming/fun/friends/beer.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 20th, 2006 at 5:45 pm

K2 wrote:This year it's gonna be gaming/fun/friends/beer.

I know a lot of people pitched in to make last years lan a success, but I really prefer the gaming/fun/friends/beer/BBQ LAN over last years. I hope I can make this one.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Mar 20th, 2006 at 6:29 pm

I am pretty sure the Guildhall would have no problem with parking a big smoker in the parking lot for some good BBQ *cough* SPUD *cough*

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Game Designer

-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com

-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Return to “General Discussion”