Should men have the "right to choose"?

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
Burzum
Benefactor
Posts: 4291
Joined: Oct 21st, 2004 at 1:05 pm

Postby Burzum » Mar 10th, 2006 at 2:53 pm

From what I've heard K2 orders a medium black coffee, bagle and a blowjob for breakfast every morning...then he takes a shower.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Jahiliyya
Senior Member
Posts: 648
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 pm

Postby Jahiliyya » Mar 10th, 2006 at 3:32 pm

Totally agree on that point Wid. If a guy does not want the child born and the mother does, he should have a legal out that removes total responsibility from him including visitation, etc.


The only shitty thing about that is that you know the unsupported mother is just gonna have to be supported by our tax dollars and that sucks.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

User avatar
WidowMaker
Benefactor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 7:49 pm

Postby WidowMaker » Mar 10th, 2006 at 4:16 pm

A side benefit to this might be that it would discourage some women from having unprotected sex, if they know that the guy doesn't HAVE to support the kid. Then again, probably not.


-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

User avatar
Burzum
Benefactor
Posts: 4291
Joined: Oct 21st, 2004 at 1:05 pm

Postby Burzum » Mar 10th, 2006 at 4:36 pm

You know, I've got a friend who's ex is popping out babies with as many guys as possible so she can collect the child support and sit at home and do nothing. That's just wrong.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Mar 10th, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Cata, i feel for you, but you know as well as i do, if you had those kids all month it would cost well over 600 bucks more. Not saying its fair, cause i would rather spend more and see my kids. IMO, they need to reform child support laws, limiting what the receiving parent can spend it on.


Nope, it would cost a hell of alot less. You have to calculate in what I spend on food, clothing, sports equipment/fees, and assorted other needs. The only thing my $600 a month (would normally) goes toward is food for 4 days a week. My son is in school from 8-4:30 and my daughter can go to headstart while I'm at work for almost free. I already pay my own utilities and they wouldn't cost any more than they already do. I ran the numbers a while back and figured it would cost me about $200 month to have the kids and I'd have another $400 a month to spend on special stuff like vacations, tutoring, learning tools, after school things like acting classes or whatever. As it sits I don't have enough to do anything except pay bills and get by (its getting better tho).
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
JayPhat
Elite Member
Posts: 2701
Joined: Feb 24th, 2005 at 7:35 pm

Postby JayPhat » Mar 11th, 2006 at 1:33 am

I wish I had the link to support this. Read an article last year where a man made a donation at a sperm ban about a decade ago. Last year gets serverd a court order to pay child support because some woman chose to go get pregnant at the clinic. Man fought it in court and lost. Hes still appealing.
Image

User avatar
Jeng
Elite Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Nov 16th, 2005 at 6:16 pm

Postby Jeng » Mar 11th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

JayPhat wrote:I wish I had the link to support this. Read an article last year where a man made a donation at a sperm ban about a decade ago. Last year gets serverd a court order to pay child support because some woman chose to go get pregnant at the clinic. Man fought it in court and lost. Hes still appealing.


I remember reading that also.

Found it, looks like there was abit more than that.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05140/507736.stm

Burzum wrote:You know, I've got a friend who's ex is popping out babies with as many guys as possible so she can collect the child support and sit at home and do nothing. That's just wrong.


I knew quite a few girls in high school back in conneticut who's plan it was to do just that. They saw it as their best chance to get the fuck out of their parents house and live their life. I wonder what trailer park/public houseing funded apartments they're living at now. Also wonder how many men they fucked over by doing all that.

Other than all that.

There is no way to let a man out of his responsibilities of providing for his children without destroying the lives of those children in most cases. The schools should have guys who have to pay child support have a nice long talk to the boys in school, it might encourage condom use or abstinance.
I really need to change this sig

User avatar
Jahiliyya
Senior Member
Posts: 648
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 pm

Postby Jahiliyya » Mar 11th, 2006 at 3:45 pm

Jeng wrote: The schools should have guys who have to pay child support have a nice long talk to the boys in school, it might encourage condom use or abstinance.


Never gonna work. It won't work for the same reason the death penalty doesn't work. The DP is supposed to deter crime but most of the capital crimes are crimes of passion. Similarly (& obviously) sex is an act of passion. If you ask people who abstained from sex until they were married I'm willing to bet it was for another reason. They weren't afraid of getting pregnant or having to make child support payments. W/ the declining popularity of religion in the mainstream of this country we are losing the best stick we had to shake at the kids. We need to find another reason, but I don't think the threat of child support payments is gonna be it.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Mar 11th, 2006 at 7:52 pm

I dunno... If I pulled out my finances and showed that gaping hole where $600 used to be and all the things that $600 a month would buy it might make a small dent. I could see kids buying the $10 Sex protection form that removes legal liability in the event of pregnancy along with their condoms or even just by itself. With legal protection what other protection do you need? :)
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Jeng
Elite Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Nov 16th, 2005 at 6:16 pm

Postby Jeng » Mar 11th, 2006 at 9:48 pm

Jahiliyya wrote:
Jeng wrote: The schools should have guys who have to pay child support have a nice long talk to the boys in school, it might encourage condom use or abstinance.


Never gonna work. It won't work for the same reason the death penalty doesn't work. The DP is supposed to deter crime but most of the capital crimes are crimes of passion. Similarly (& obviously) sex is an act of passion. If you ask people who abstained from sex until they were married I'm willing to bet it was for another reason. They weren't afraid of getting pregnant or having to make child support payments. W/ the declining popularity of religion in the mainstream of this country we are losing the best stick we had to shake at the kids. We need to find another reason, but I don't think the threat of child support payments is gonna be it.


Treat them like adults and tell them the truth. It beats those fucked up ideas of abstainence, oh make it "special" and show your "commitment". Kids are going to fuck, as you said its a passion thing. It would at least encourage birth control, condoms may suck but you only need them for one hole out of three.
I really need to change this sig

User avatar
Jennthrotull
K2's better half
Posts: 135
Joined: Jan 25th, 2006 at 12:43 am

Postby Jennthrotull » Mar 13th, 2006 at 1:43 am

Burzum wrote:From what I've heard K2 orders a medium black coffee, bagle and a blowjob for breakfast every morning...then he takes a shower.


Um...he doesn't drink coffee. And good bagels are really hard to find out here.

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 13th, 2006 at 3:29 am

luckily blowjobs are easy to come by. especially on the north shore :)

ahhh memories ...

User avatar
K2
Administrator
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 6:33 am

Postby K2 » Mar 13th, 2006 at 4:28 am

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:luckily blowjobs are easy to come by. especially on the north shore :)

ahhh memories ...


Hey Danny the crusty old bums who hang out by the fire station across from foodland dont count! :D

User avatar
G Zus
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Dec 28th, 2005 at 9:54 am

Postby G Zus » Mar 13th, 2006 at 4:36 pm

K2, a blowjob is a blowjob lol so pup's count is way up there : ))

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Mar 13th, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Damn G... what bjs u been gettin?
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests