Gumball 3000

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Gumball 3000

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 10th, 2006 at 1:44 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 00+Gumball (Part 1)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 00+Gumball (Part 2)

Gumball 3000 is a race accross the nation of the finest racers with the finest cars. It starts in NYC and ends in LA. This is a documentary of one of the drivers and his experience along with the rest of the racers. Lot's of being pulled over and arrested and outrageous ticket.

It's amazing, the tools they have. The cops actually pull over groups of 'em. There's a part in the movie (in Part 1) where they close off the whole freeway to pull over the racers, the guy has a device that lets him hear the police's radio, he hear's the cop say "There's some Ferrari in there, like an F50 or something", and the guys get's pissed and starts cursing, "It's a 360 you fucking moron, what a fucking idiot dipshit cop, can't get my fucking Ferrari right." Hahah, hilarious.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Jan 10th, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Actually the race is normally held in Europe.
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 10th, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Dylan wrote:Actually the race is normally held in Europe.

this is very true. it started in Paris last year ... Awesome show , really love it. jackass did a special on this on their season 3 and if i remember i think they had brad pitt there as well.. not sure...
I've been deleted!!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 10th, 2006 at 4:15 pm

bl0wn wrote:
Dylan wrote:Actually the race is normally held in Europe.

this is very true. it started in Paris last year ... Awesome show , really love it. jackass did a special on this on their season 3 and if i remember i think they had brad pitt there as well.. not sure...

I just got done watching the episode, didn't see Brad. Oh and here's a movie made by the Gumball guys themselves with Burt Reynolds commentating.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0017885699

Yeah, it usually is in Europe, but there are events in America as well, it's starting to get popular here too.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jan 10th, 2006 at 4:23 pm

Keyser, did you see the whole jackass crew in those videos though cuz if not, it's not the same thing :D
I've been deleted!!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 10th, 2006 at 4:52 pm

bl0wn wrote:Keyser, did you see the whole jackass crew in those videos though cuz if not, it's not the same thing :D

Nope.

I feel sad for the guy that keeps getting pulled over in the Burt Reynolds commentated one, the guy that gets the best car award, but he couldn't make it because he was in jail with his car impounded, irony. Lmao.

Tony Hawk participated in the event, I just checked on the price of participating, it's 30,000 Pounds which I think is about 60 grand, wow, these people have crazy money. Cost to bring the car over, the cars themselves, plain tickets and to top of it, all the bail money and tickets... crazy.

I definately plan to participate in Gumball when I'm able.

Kahuna Mas

Postby Kahuna Mas » Jan 10th, 2006 at 4:55 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:I definately plan to participate in Gumball when I'm able.

Got some secret Professional Cyberathlete gig going on we don't know about?

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Jan 10th, 2006 at 8:13 pm

When the cop was chasing down the Ducatti that was trying to out run him.

Overheard on the scanner.
"Ok, I can't tell what state his license plate is, but ......"

Thats cause that license plate ain't from no state.

I miss my drivers license :cry:
I really need to change this sig

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 11th, 2006 at 1:36 am

Those cars go crazy speeds, in the documentary with Burt Reynolds, the guy breaks his speedometer going 240.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Jan 11th, 2006 at 2:05 am

I'm just glad that rich people don't feel like their money buys them out of trouble and they have concern for other people on the road...
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Jan 11th, 2006 at 2:23 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
bl0wn wrote:Keyser, did you see the whole jackass crew in those videos though cuz if not, it's not the same thing :D

Nope.

I feel sad for the guy that keeps getting pulled over in the Burt Reynolds commentated one, the guy that gets the best car award, but he couldn't make it because he was in jail with his car impounded, irony. Lmao.

Tony Hawk participated in the event, I just checked on the price of participating, it's 30,000 Pounds which I think is about 60 grand, wow, these people have crazy money. Cost to bring the car over, the cars themselves, plain tickets and to top of it, all the bail money and tickets... crazy.

I definately plan to participate in Gumball when I'm able.

i suggest you start saving for your plane ticket now

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jan 11th, 2006 at 9:50 am

Catalyst22 wrote:I'm just glad that rich people don't feel like their money buys them out of trouble and they have concern for other people on the road...

:lol:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Jan 12th, 2006 at 1:21 pm

Google AKA Rally and Wild West 1500. Same things. The AKA Rally is only 1500 per person to race, same thing, parties, hotels, banquets included.

Return to “General Discussion”