x-fire voice chat

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

x-fire voice chat

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 27th, 2005 at 12:58 pm

I didn't know this. For anyone wanting to hook up to game, this is a great way to get a group voice chat going. If anyone wants to give this a shot, send me an invite and I'll join. Give me some time to figure out how to get in there as Ihave not tried it yet. I think we need to get into the habbit of using something like this when we game. Would make it alot easier to work together in BF2/SF

· How do I voice chat with more than one person?
As of version 1.46 we have implemented Xfire Group Voice Chat.

To enable it, start a new Group Chat room or join a persistent room from your servers tab. Select the "Actions" menu in the Group Chat window. Then select "Host Voicechat".

You are now the Peer to Peer host of the Group Voice Chat. You can use the "Actions" menu to disable and enable your microphone, but continue to host the others in the room.

If you select "Stop Hosting", all voice chat stops until someone else in the Group Chat room selects "Host Voicechat" and becomes the host. Only those with a permission level of Power User or higher may host voice chat.

This feature is brand new and still under active development so your feedback in the Feature Suggestions and Tech Support forums will help us improve Group Voice Chat in future updates of Xfire.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 27th, 2005 at 1:15 pm

hehe, haveing enough problems just getting x-fire to recognize that I play games.
I really need to change this sig

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Dec 27th, 2005 at 2:34 pm

more peeps need to use xfire. esp people who play dod.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 27th, 2005 at 11:15 pm

starting to think that I need to remove that from my sig until I can get it to at least register that I devote way too much time to playing.
I really need to change this sig

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 28th, 2005 at 8:45 am

i've been trying to resist the darkside, but it's getting hard. if there was some type of "post your xfire info" thread that might just push me over the top and make me DL it again.
I've been deleted!!

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 28th, 2005 at 10:25 am

there is....
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 28th, 2005 at 11:04 am

you bastard. can't you see i'm uber lazy as it is? now you make me look for the post instead of just linking me to it? that's mean. i mean sure it's probably like 5 posts down and will take 3 secconds to find, but still, you coulda linked me damn it :cry:

Teufel

Postby Teufel » Dec 28th, 2005 at 11:15 am

b4nshee, when you find the post, can you link it here? kthx. <3

:D
-----------------------------------
The things you own.
End up owning you.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 28th, 2005 at 11:48 am

I've been deleted!!

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Dec 28th, 2005 at 3:47 pm

you going to post your names?

monica

Postby monica » Dec 28th, 2005 at 5:01 pm

i loves xfire.... monica81!!!! add me!! :D

kic ass mi3

Re: x-fire voice chat

Postby kic ass mi3 » Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:28 pm

[quote="Catalyst22"]. I think we need to get into the habbit of using something like this when we game. Would make it alot easier to work together in BF2/SF

Catalyst22: On the new home server I have joined up to: TEAM [BDA] 70.86.85.203 that is exactly what they do; they use TEAM SPEAK; I never used it before, but it was easy to hook up to: 1. Free download of program 2. They had to provide me their Team Speak server IP and the password to use, but after that it was great.

If Xfire can do anything close to this, then that is great also, not sure how you would control it, except for each Squad Leader being a host or something.
"DO or DO NOT; there is no TRY"
*Yoda* Makes things simple!

kic ass mi3

Postby kic ass mi3 » Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:32 pm

Jeng wrote:hehe, haveing enough problems just getting x-fire to recognize that I play games.

My 2 cents worth: I think (IMO as they say) that you have to be logged in to Xfire for it to keep track of your gaming.

I have sometimes forgotten to log in and it did not show the recent sites I had visited.

I may be wrong, I am a lot lately, lol
"DO or DO NOT; there is no TRY"

*Yoda* Makes things simple!

Return to “General Discussion”