Story at the mall

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Burzum
Benefactor

Story at the mall

Postby Burzum » Dec 19th, 2005 at 2:13 pm

So I decided to goto the mall earlier...I was rushing around trying to get some last minute shopping done. I was stressed out and not thinking very fondly of the Christmas season right then. It was dark, cold, and wet in the parking lot as I was loading my car up with gifts that I felt obligated to buy.

I noticed that I was missing a receipt that I might need later. So mumbling under my breath, I retraced my steps to the mall entrance. As I was searching the wet pavement for the lost receipt, I heard a quiet sobbing. The crying was coming from a poorly dressed boy of about 12 years old.

He was short and thin. He had no coat. He was just wearing a ragged flannel shirt to protect him from the cold night's chill. Oddly enough, he was holding a hundred dollar bill in his hand. Thinking that he had gotten lost from his parents, I asked him what was wrong. He told me his sad story.

He said that he came from a large family. He had three brothers and two sisters. His father had died when he was nine years old. His mother was poorly educated and worked two full time jobs. She made very little to support her large family. Nevertheless, she had managed to save two hundred dollars to buy her children Christmas presents.

The young boy had been dropped off on the way to her second job. He was to use the money to buy presents for all his siblings and save just enough to take the bus home. He said he had not even entered the mall, when an older boy grabbed one of the hundred dollar bills and disappeared into the night.

"Why didn't you scream for help?" I asked.

The boy said, "I did."

"And nobody came to help you?" I wondered. The boy stared at the sidewalk and sadly shook his head. "How loud did you scream?" I inquired.

The soft-spoken boy looked up and meekly whispered, "Help me!"

I realized that absolutely no one could have heard that poor boy cry for help. So, I grabbed his other hundred and ran to my car.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 19th, 2005 at 2:21 pm

You bastard! I was actually expecting it to be some kind of serious story of the season. Instead it was hilarious.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

XrayDuke

Postby XrayDuke » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:03 pm

ROFL!!!!!!
"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" Thomas Jefferson

ElvisG

Postby ElvisG » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:10 pm

LOL, Burzum you had me going until I read the last part.

ratlin

Postby ratlin » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:11 pm

pwnt!

monica

Postby monica » Dec 19th, 2005 at 6:25 pm

LMAO!!! :lol:

tricky, tricky....

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » Dec 19th, 2005 at 6:50 pm

aaaAHAHAHAHAahahaahahahha

That is great.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 19th, 2005 at 8:07 pm

He was short and thin. He had no coat. He was just wearing a ragged flannel shirt to protect him from the cold night's chill. Oddly enough, he was holding a hundred dollar bill in his hand.

Right bout there I was like...uhhhh bullshit, but the rest was just so good it drew me back in to the point that at the end I still laughed my ass off with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Thanks.
I really need to change this sig

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:15 am

I chuckled, I thought it was going to be a real experience, but when you described the parking lot, it sort of looked like a joke already.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:27 am

That was my son. ROFL
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 20th, 2005 at 5:07 am

:lol: that made me laugh.
I've been deleted!!

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:42 am

i woudla done the same goddamn thing!

Teufel

Postby Teufel » Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:06 am

haha.. nice!
-----------------------------------
The things you own.
End up owning you.

XrayDuke

Postby XrayDuke » Dec 20th, 2005 at 11:16 am

Priest,

I know it wasn't your son. He is so loud it makes my ears bleed when he is on the phone. Plus my nephew takes after Uncle Xray. He would kick the older kid in the nuts, take his money, and split it with Uncle Xray.
"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion”