Racism

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Racism

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 19th, 2005 at 12:31 am

Since this topic has been going around lately, I think I might as well say how I feel on the subject. Here's the thing with racism, I don't think it will ever end until there is human life, here's why. We see when we flip channels all the time, there are the "Black Comedy" shows and then there's "White Comedy" shows. The white comedy is different and the black comedy is different. There's BET, then there's MTV. There's "Black music", then there's "White music. So why do I think that these are the major factors of racism? These are the main things that are promoting the idea that races are different. Not only white and black, but every race from every other.

Some people may argue that this is "culture". But my opinion is that this is seperation and as long as these seperations exist, there will always be racism because these things promote the idea that every race is different, therefore, people will always treat them differently. Ofcourse, as I said, I don't ever think this seperation will end, hence the reason I said I believe that racism will never end.
Image
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
EatMoreLead
Benefactor
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sep 17th, 2002 at 11:59 pm

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 19th, 2005 at 12:50 am

racism is going to end within 2-300 years MAX because of intermarriage and melting pot demographics. Sorry to rain on your parade, but the cultures are nice, but moot in about 6-12 generations at current rate.
EatMoreLead aka EML

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:09 am

Separation IS part of the culture. Honstly, no lie, when i came here i was 0% racist, i did not truly knew what racism was. In russia when i was growin up i only heard from teanage talk how they hated jews or homos(ill be nice). I didnt even know the difference, well... i thought "homos" were kinda fucked up in the head and i didnt accept em :P, but than again they are NOT a race.
I never really knew the difference between white, black, yellow, red w/e, they were all people in my sight.
When i came here i had my ears buzzed thru with how we should feel sry for blacks havin enslaved background and what not... that started separating the indifference between races.
Its part of american history, you MUST know history. Since this history _kind of_ makes you feel sorry for black people being enslaved and education tryes to make it sound dramatic and sad(and slavery really is) it STILL separetes the races.
Racism will never be gone. Racial profiling will never be gone due to statistics and history, it might be very well punished in the future but it will be really hard to catch.
So every stinking race better suck it up for next few thousand years and deal with it because until very far future there will be different races.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 19th, 2005 at 2:39 am

I heard Morgan Freeman say something that I thought was brilliant and increased my already high opinion of him.
(paraphrased)
"There is no white history day so there shouldn't be a black history day"

What he was getting at was that we keep singleing out minorities by trying to acknowledge them. He asked the interviewer "when is white history day" and the reviewer stumbled quite well. He said "there isn't one", "every day is white history day, and every day is black history day". "Putting our history into a single day of celebration is rediculous".

That guys is a stud.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
WidowMaker
Benefactor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 7:49 pm

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:10 am

Nowadays I think alot of racism, no matter what the race, is further propagated by the very race claiming to be discriminated against. Instead of making efforts to be inclusive, you have plenty of examples of exclusive behavior, almost seeming that people want to segregate themselves from the whole of the nation.

I think as long as you have particular groups of people crying out for special consideration in any way, shape, or form, instead of focusing efforts on trying to assimilate into modern culture and society, racism will continue to exist. I think Morgan Freeman's perspective as outlined in Cat's post is one that would lead to racism slowly dying out.


-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

User avatar
Campsalot
Senior Member
Posts: 911
Joined: Jul 20th, 2003 at 7:17 pm

Postby Campsalot » Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:32 am

Yeah, Cat. That was Freeman on a 60 Minutes interview. He is dead-on right, imo.

User avatar
JayPhat
Elite Member
Posts: 2701
Joined: Feb 24th, 2005 at 7:35 pm

Postby JayPhat » Dec 19th, 2005 at 8:15 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Nowadays I think alot of racism, no matter what the race, is further propagated by the very race claiming to be discriminated against. Instead of making efforts to be inclusive, you have plenty of examples of exclusive behavior, almost seeming that people want to segregate themselves from the whole of the nation.

I think as long as you have particular groups of people crying out for special consideration in any way, shape, or form, instead of focusing efforts on trying to assimilate into modern culture and society, racism will continue to exist. I think Morgan Freeman's perspective as outlined in Cat's post is one that would lead to racism slowly dying out.


-Wid


I have to agree with you alot here WId. For example, Al Sharpton and Jesse jackson claiming that race has to do with every asshat who is arrested. Or 7 of the 15 entrance criteria to the University of Michigan being wether you are a minority. Racism today has become more of a reversal and is now propogated back on the people whoa re trying to correct the mistakes of our forefathers.
Image

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 19th, 2005 at 8:22 pm

As soon as I see the words Al Sharpton I stop reading. Nothing against what you post, but the guy is blatantly self serving mediacrat that I can't bear his name to be used as a positive or negative. He is the shit that shit shits when its shitting.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:10 am

What's funny is, that I'm pretty sure that most of the people that are posting are white Americans (unless I'm wrong), but you people have never experienced racism so you're not exposed to what we have to go thru. So you think racism has dyed. For those who experience it on day-to-day bases, it's different. When I was in Chicago, racism was so strong there it was not evern funny. I mean, every white kid I knew there used to tell me how cops always used to let 'em off with warnings and the black kids always ended up getting tickets. It was a known thing, like an unspoken law, in Chicago that if you were white, being pulled over, 90% chance that you're leaving with nothing and if you were black, 90% chance of you getting a ticket.

Have I experienced racism? Yes, on very extreme levels, arrested, detained, called a nigger and a sand nigger by cops as well as other very offensive racial comments, "sand jockey" I think it was, sometimes for looking black, sometimes for looking Middle Eastern, since I'm mixed with black and Pakistani.

I was in Compton at the time of South Central LA riots, although very young, I do remember some vivid pictures and it was much worse being there than seeing it on TV, especially at a young age where I didn't really understand what was going on. I do remember sleeping at night and crying to sleep, affriad that some cops were going to come in and kill us all, I didn't understand why at the time.

Even today, racism is alive as ever, no, I don't care, I just move on in life and don't hold grudges against anyone. I pray everyday that we could all be one and end the hatred. I would give my life for that, just so you don't think that I'm like Jesse Jackson or anyone trying to say I hate all whites or something like that. I do want unity.

But I'm just pointing out that racism is very alive and very strong.
Image

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
Jahiliyya
Senior Member
Posts: 648
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 pm

Postby Jahiliyya » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:18 am

That sucks man. You should kill yerself.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:19 am

Jahiliyya wrote:That sucks man. You should kill yerself.


I think you should be the last person alive that should suggest people what they should do.
Image

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
sohpriest
Senior Member
Posts: 718
Joined: Oct 15th, 2005 at 8:26 pm

Postby sohpriest » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:24 am

Try being a white male nurse. Yeah try that on. Less than 5% of nursse are white.Don't get me wrong it's different, but I grew up in rural Oklahoma. Home of the haves and have-nots. I was a have-not. You don't think people suffer from ther own people. Everyone talks unity. The problem is no one will shut up long enough to allow it to happen. I grew up a skater in the land of the redneck cowboy. Freeman is right as long as we have black history day or you have to score higher on your SATs at Ou if you are white or chinesse male, what else do we expect. I have no feelings about blacks. I'm not racist towrad them. Sure hate dumb rednecks though. Its what you are around. It's what you grow up in. Sorry to rant.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 20th, 2005 at 2:18 am

LOL I have no pity for minorities... Adapt, fight it, or die. It has worked for millions of people world wide except in the US rather than adapt, fight, or die they utilize guilt, guile, and deceit.

Black people are not the only people who have to deal with racism... I'd venture to say that people of middle eastern decent have it pretty bad and not just now, I'm talking prior to 911. I don't hear them complaining nearly as much... for that matter, I don't hear Asians complain much either and there are alot of sterotypes that people still pin on them.

But I still feal sorry for you Keyser... Not because you are black. Because you will never know what its like to stand on your own two feet. Having the "great white oppressor" as your crutch/excuse for the next 50 or so years has got to be depressing.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 2:53 am

Catalyst22 wrote:LOL I have no pity for minorities... Adapt, fight it, or die. It has worked for millions of people world wide except in the US rather than adapt, fight, or die they utilize guilt, guile, and deceit.

Black people are not the only people who have to deal with racism... I'd venture to say that people of middle eastern decent have it pretty bad and not just now, I'm talking prior to 911. I don't hear them complaining nearly as much... for that matter, I don't hear Asians complain much either and there are alot of sterotypes that people still pin on them.

But I still feal sorry for you Keyser... Not because you are black. Because you will never know what its like to stand on your own two feet. Having the "great white oppressor" as your crutch/excuse for the next 50 or so years has got to be depressing.


I said I was half Pakistani, lol, I've recieved racism on both looking black and Middle Eatern.

I am standing on my own two feet, I mean, did you ready my post? I said I don't care about it, I don't use it as an excuse, I have no grudge, I don't use it as a "crutch". I just said it is very present. I don't think that white people are "opressors", I mean, I didn't even imply, where the hell did you get all that from?

Either you misunderstood or I phrased it in a wrong way.
Image

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
canong|proval
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 15th, 2004 at 5:13 pm

Postby canong|proval » Dec 20th, 2005 at 6:39 am

i don't care if you pity minorities, but you should at least understand them. belitting the black experience because you don't hear asian americans and middle easterners complaining is flawed reasoning.

you don't hear asian americans complain because we haven't had any outlets to complain. and when we try to create an outlet, people accuse us of segregating ourselves and being reverse racists. the reason there has been more publicized african american complaint is simply due to the fact that they have more outlets and representation in the media and government. believe me, whatever gripes the black community has, pretty much all the other minority groups will have. so if you vilify their experience, you may as well vilify all minority experience.

as for adaptation and fighting back, what would you suggest minorities do besides using media outlets and taking political action? what you write off as guilt, guile, and deceit (a matter of opinion, by the way) is the use of the tools that get shit done in this country. and one of the only ways (short of taking up arms and starting a civil war) that we can "adapt and fight" while maintaining our identities and histories.

it's not like minorites want it all, it's not like minorities are out to cast whites into poverty and despair or to take over the country. we're seeking equal footing. due to policies in the past (not just slavery, policy up to and beyond the 20th century -- even though they have been eliminated, the damage done to the communities still exists today) minorities have been set in a position where large parts of their communities have been stuck in an economic and social game of catch-up. and you've got to realize that for many, the option of escaping poverty is something that is unachievable in a lifetime. the climb from poverty to something more may take generations, and that's a long time to make people wait for a way out of something they shouldn't have been subjected to in the first place.

just to be clear, i'm not attacking white people. people today had nothing to do with the discriminatory policies back then. but the social system we have in place should address them, as there are people in society that are still affected by them.

there's a prevailing notion in this country that as long as differences are maintained between races, that there is an inabilty to function as a whole; that an ideal america is a "mellting pot" to quote the popular term. i'd assert that it very well is possible to maintain "culture" and still function as a unified country. toss out the "melting pot" analogy and visualize it as a "salad." individual pieces combining flavors to make a unified whole. granted it's not a fast process, learning to understand each other, but it's better to take steps toward it rather than holding on to outdated ideals.

<--- asian american
Adonis - 60 Undead Priest - Tailor Enchanter - Cho'gall Server
Bevout - 60 Tauren Warrior - Miner Herbalist - Cho'gall Server
Hotsmchothot - 45 Undead Mage -Alchemist Engineer - Cho'gall Server

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 8:18 am

canong|proval wrote:i don't care if you pity minorities, but you should at least understand them. belitting the black experience because you don't hear asian americans and middle easterners complaining is flawed reasoning.

you don't hear asian americans complain because we haven't had any outlets to complain. and when we try to create an outlet, people accuse us of segregating ourselves and being reverse racists. the reason there has been more publicized african american complaint is simply due to the fact that they have more outlets and representation in the media and government. believe me, whatever gripes the black community has, pretty much all the other minority groups will have. so if you vilify their experience, you may as well vilify all minority experience.

as for adaptation and fighting back, what would you suggest minorities do besides using media outlets and taking political action? what you write off as guilt, guile, and deceit (a matter of opinion, by the way) is the use of the tools that get shit done in this country. and one of the only ways (short of taking up arms and starting a civil war) that we can "adapt and fight" while maintaining our identities and histories.

it's not like minorites want it all, it's not like minorities are out to cast whites into poverty and despair or to take over the country. we're seeking equal footing. due to policies in the past (not just slavery, policy up to and beyond the 20th century -- even though they have been eliminated, the damage done to the communities still exists today) minorities have been set in a position where large parts of their communities have been stuck in an economic and social game of catch-up. and you've got to realize that for many, the option of escaping poverty is something that is unachievable in a lifetime. the climb from poverty to something more may take generations, and that's a long time to make people wait for a way out of something they shouldn't have been subjected to in the first place.

just to be clear, i'm not attacking white people. people today had nothing to do with the discriminatory policies back then. but the social system we have in place should address them, as there are people in society that are still affected by them.

there's a prevailing notion in this country that as long as differences are maintained between races, that there is an inabilty to function as a whole; that an ideal america is a "mellting pot" to quote the popular term. i'd assert that it very well is possible to maintain "culture" and still function as a unified country. toss out the "melting pot" analogy and visualize it as a "salad." individual pieces combining flavors to make a unified whole. granted it's not a fast process, learning to understand each other, but it's better to take steps toward it rather than holding on to outdated ideals.

<--- asian american


Holy shit, where did this guy come from? Good sum-up man.
Image

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
Burzum
Benefactor
Posts: 4291
Joined: Oct 21st, 2004 at 1:05 pm

Postby Burzum » Dec 20th, 2005 at 8:33 am

he's old skool
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Nad
Moderator
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 8:15 am

Postby Nad » Dec 20th, 2005 at 9:22 am

Keyser Soze wrote:What's funny is, that I'm pretty sure that most of the people that are posting are white Americans (unless I'm wrong), but you people have never experienced racism so you're not exposed to what we have to go thru.


Keyser, this is the problem with most of the minorities who cry racism every time someone calls them a name. What you do not seem to understand is that in America, man of the minority groups in the big city are whites. I'm not exactly sure, but here in New Orleans blacks outnumber whites almost 3 to 1, so i am the minority here and i know what its like walking down the street praying that I dont get jumped, robbed, beaten or arrested, just because i'm the white guy. You people need to understand that it is a 2 way street, before you claim that because we are white that we have no idea how bad racism is. Trust me, we know and experience it every day, which is probably part of the reason that we continue to be racists(some whites, certainly not all of them) Most of the time, when a white guy is racist, it comes down to name calling and occasionally someone steps over the line and it gets violent. On the flip side, every racist act i have EVER whitnessed by a black man, has been violent, as if he feels there is some payback due to the white man, because some ancestor he doesn't even know the name of was a slave over 120 years ago.

Try explaining that to the masses while you sob about the way you are treated because you're a minority.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll
Image

User avatar
WidowMaker
Benefactor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 7:49 pm

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:39 am

I have personally experienced more racism from blacks, than I have ever personally witnessed against blacks. I am not saying all blacks are racist against whites, but I have experienced my share.

No, racism is not dead. But it doesn't help when the races crying "discrimination" make concerted efforts to separate themselves from the rest of society.


-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Game Designer

-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com

-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

User avatar
EatMoreLead
Benefactor
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sep 17th, 2002 at 11:59 pm

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:50 am

I like soup better than salad
EatMoreLead aka EML

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:50 am

i don't care if you pity minorities, but you should at least understand them. belitting the black experience because you don't hear asian americans and middle easterners complaining is flawed reasoning.


WTF is the "Black Experience"? Is it anything like the "Poor White Experience"? Is it somehow worse to be a poor minority than to be a poor majority? Last time I checked there were no state/federal programs specifically targeted at poor white people. I agree, I do not know what its like to be Black, Irish, or Asian. I would be willing to bet that I know a hell of alot more about what its like to be Black, Irish, or Asian than you know about what its like to be a single white male. I've watched documentaries, read historical accounts, and had it forced down my throat in public schools. When was the last time you read about how hard it is to be a single white male? One of the reasons there is racism is because minorities think there is an unfair advantage to being white yet they attempt to segregate themselves every chance they get via black specific fraternities, nonprofits, and other organizations. What many people fail to realize is that the US is made up entirely of minorities. The actual lineage behind every American is diverse. What makes us strong as a nation is when our cultures combine. Some ideas mesh into existing society and others are thrown out over time.

This self inflicted cultural segregation is no longer the fault of the so called white people in the majority of the US. It is the fault of individuals who wish to self segregate. I live in Tulsa where the lines are drawn very deep between "middle class", "poor" areas. People typically call this "black" and "white" areas, but the truth is that there is no such thing in Tulsa. Black and white poor live north and west of town and middle class and wealthy live south of town. There are fewer blacks in the south of town and more whites in the north. Its not a matter of white imposed segregation, its simply statistics.

When I say "Adapt" what I am talking about is in fact giving up some of your cultural identity. The fact that blacks are trying to "rediscover their roots" is disturbing to me. Blacks who have lived in the US for generations are as far removed from Africa as the majority of whites are from their previous nationalities. If the culture and heritage of your former nationality is so important to you then move back "home". Don't bring "home" to the US and expect it to be accepted.

So many black people have white and native american ancestors its rediculous to revive a "black heritage" that doesn't even apply.

In the last decade, a growing movement has developed, spearheaded mostly by the parents of mixed children, towards the adoption and acceptance of the term biracial. Some bi-racial blacks also refer to themselves as mixed, when, in fact, virtually all African Americans are mixed. In the mid 1970s, New York's New Amsterdam News reported that more than 80% of African Americans possessed Native American ancestry

Recent genetic tests on a small population of African Americans revealed their ancestry to be, on average, approximately 19 percent white.


I am part Native American and I have noted at the Indian hospital that 30%+ are of black/indian mixed ancestry.

So why this push to adopt a heritage that simply does not apply? Why not celebrate your white, native american, or other history? Its because blacks let the color of their skin determine their social group. White people do not determine it anymore. Not since Plessy vs. Fergusson was over turned.

here is a list of black specific organizations.

African American Chemist Homepage
Brief Summary - An online networking group for
African Americans in the field of Chemistry.
Africa Reparations Movement
Brief Summary - Homepage of the Africa Reparations Movement.
Besides seeking reparations for the enslavement of African people
in Africa and in the African Diaspora, they are campaigning for an
accurate portrayal of African history and thus restore the dignity
and self-respect to all people of African descent.
Alliance of Black Technical Organizations
Brief Summary - "Mission: To bring together a critical mass of
African-Americans from various technical organizations to address
issues of common concern."
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority - Xi Beta Chapter
Brief Summary - The Xi Beta Chapter of Alpha Kappa
Alpha Sorority, Inc. located at Stanford University.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority - Zeta Rho Chapter
Brief Summary - The Zeta Rho Chapter was founded on
Nov. 16, 1971 on the campus of Central Michigan University.
ACORN
Brief Summary - The Association of Community Organizations
for Reform Now, ACORN was formed in 1970 when a group
of Arkansas welfare mothers formed ACORN's first membership.
ACORN is a grassroots, multi-issue community organization that
operates in 26 states. Working together in affiliated neighborhood
groups, ACORN Community organizers fight for increased voter
registration, better education and health care, environmental justice
and wide ranging neighborhood improvements.
ASCAC Online
Brief Summary - This online service of the Association for
the Study of Classical African Civilizations, ASCAC, links
Afrocentric thinkers around the world in a collaborative effort
to rescue, reconstruct, and restore African history and culture.
Blacks in Government
Brief Summary - Blacks in Government, BIG, was organized
in 1975 as a non-profit organization to help Black civil servants.
Black Cultural Center
Brief Summary - Web site for the Black Cultural Center, BCC,
at Purdue University.
Black Data Processing Associates
Brief Summary - A national organization of black data
processing professionals. A related web site, the BDPA
Education and Technology Foundation, is worth a visit.
Black Geeks Online
Brief Summary - "Black Geeks Online is an Internet-based
community organization that connects people of color from
around the world. Our purpose is to share our talents and time
to promote computer literacy and educate others about the
power and potential of Internet technology."
Black Graduate Engineering & Science Students
Brief Summary - Dedicated to the recruitment & retention
of Black graduate students at the University of California at
Berkeley.
Black Graduate Students Association
Brief Summary - Black Graduate Student Association
at Stanford University.
Capitol Area Information Center
Brief Summary - The Capitol Area community is a low-income
neighborhood in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. This site is maintained
by and for the children and adults of the community. This web site
is a perfect example of what a united community can accomplish.
The Charity Fund Incorporated
Brief Summary - A not-for-profit organization dedicated
to assisting Black males reach their highest goals.
The Circle Association
Brief Summary - A group of African American men practicing, and
dedicated to, the quality of life, successful manhood and parenting,
economic growth and development, and the pursuit of excellence and
spiritual development.
Concerned Black Men - National Chapter
Brief Summary - Concerned Black Men (CBM) is a non-profit
corporation founded in 1975. They have Chapters throughout
the country. They encourage youth to be proud of their heritage,
maximize their educational opportunities, and to become more
socially conscious and responsible. In 1985, the President of
the United States recognized Concerned Black Men, Inc.
for its outstanding accomplishments in the community and
presented CBM with the prestigious "Volunteer Action Award".
CBM was one of eighteen out of over 2,000 organizations to
receive this award and the only Afro-American organization.
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Brief Summary - "The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.
(CBCF) was established in 1976 as a non-partisan, non-profit, public
policy, research and educational institute. As envisioned by its founders,
the CBCF's mission is to assist the leaders of today, while helping to
prepare a new generation of leaders for the future. To that end, the
CBCF has worked to broaden and elevate the influence of African
Americans in the political, legislative and public policy arenas."
DIEEOC
Brief Summary - Dayton Intergovernment Equal Employment
Opportunity Council, DIEEOC, plays a significant role in the
development and implementation of affirmative action projects
and programs in the Dayton Ohio area.
Ebony Queens Motorcycle Club
Brief Summary - An organized female motorcycle riding
club.
Howard University
Brief Summary - Information about Howard University
including admissions, library, programs, and schedules.
Ile Ife Films and the Arthur Hall Collection
Brief Summary - A nonprofit company dedicated to the arts and education
in African & American culture. They produce, present, & distribute motion
pictures and theatrical presentations for charitable, religious, scientific,
educational, and artistic purposes. The Arthur Hall Collection was formed
to gather, preserve, and make available materials pertaining to the dance
work of Arthur Hall and the history of the Afro-American Dance Ensemble
of Philadelphia.
IHRAAM
Brief Summary - "The International Human Rights Association of American
Minorities (IHRAAM) was founded in 1985 at The Hague Academy of
International Law in the Netherlands by African American students. It was
incorporated in 1988 in Chicago, 1996 in London, and 1997 in Canada, with
a view to facilitating individuals' and groups' awareness of international law,
particularly as it relates to human rights."
Iota Epsilon Rho
Brief Summary - It's a social business fraternity and sorority
on Grambling State University's campus. "The purpose of Iota
Epsilon Rho is to unite brothers and sisters and make them
stronger mentally and more business orientated."
JAFA
Brief Summary - Japan African American Friendship Assoc.,
JAFA, promotes cultural and educational awarenss regarding
Black culture to Japanese. It also promotes trade relations
through diologue and research.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
Brief Summary - A historically Black fraternity. Its purpose
is to promote honorable achievement in every field of human
endeavor.
Malcolm X Institute For Black Studies
Brief Summary - This student organization at Wabash
College lists as its objective the promotion of educational,
cultural, and social programs of concern to the citizens of
the Wabash & Crawfordsville communities, particularly
Black citizens.
Moore's Ford Memorial Committee
Brief Summary - On July 25, 1946, two young black couples
were killed by a lynch mob at the Moore's Ford Bridge in Walton
County Georgia. No one was ever punished for the crimes. The
victims were placed in unmarked graves. A biracial group of
citizens have formed this non profit corporation to honor the
victims, ensure they will never be forgotten, and build a "living
memorial" to promote justice and racial reconciliation.
NAACP
Brief Summary - Homepage for the National Association for the
Advancement of Colored People. The following Chapters have
web pages:
1. NAACP - Alexandria Virginia Branch
2. NAACP - Eugene/Springfield Oregon Branch
3. NAACP - Los Angeles Chapter
4. NAACP - West Virginia
The National Association of Black Journalists
Brief Summary - The largest media organization of people of
color in the world.
National Bar Association
Brief Summary - The nation's largest and oldest association
of African American lawyers, judges, and law students.
National Black Child Development Institute
Brief Summary - An organization with a mission "to improve
and protect the Quality of Life of African American Children
and Families."
National Brotherhood of Skiers
Brief Summary - "The National Brotherhood of Skiers (NBS)
has 84 predominantly African American ski clubs scattered
throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our mission is to identify,
select and finance training of potential Olympic caliber African
American youth and promote skiing within African American
communities."
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
Brief Summary - Homepage for the National Society of Black
Engineers. Some of the chapters with web pages are listed
below:
1. Carnegie Mellon University Chapter
2. Princeton University Chapter
National Technical Association
Brief Summary - "A professional association of scientists
and engineers committed to ensuring that minorities, women,
& youth in particular, will be skilled enough in the sciences to
be architects of technology required of the work force 2000
and beyond."
National Urban League
Brief Summary - Homepage for the National Urban League.
Nation of Gods and Earths
Brief Summary - A web page by the 5% Nation of Islam.
NCIMED
Brief Summary - The North Carolina Institute of Minority
Economic Development, NCIMED, is a major minority
organization involving Historically Black Colleges in North
Carolina.
Organization of Black Airline Pilots
Brief Summary - The Organization of Black Airline Pilots,
OBAP, currently has over three hundred and fifty members.
Organization of Black Designers
Brief Summary - Shows the contribution of African Americans
and other people of color to the design professions.
PAZZAZ Inc.
Brief Summary - Located in San Diego CA, PAZZAZ Inc.
the academic performance and personal development of youth
grades 1-12 and above through innovative program design and
implementation."
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity - Alpha Sigma Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage of the brothers of
the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at Howard University.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity - Beta Iota Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage of the brothers of
the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at University of New
York at Buffalo.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity - Kappa Zeta Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage of the brothers of
the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at Auburn University.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity - Lambda Tau Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage of the brothers of
the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at Florida International
University.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity - Pi Mu Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage of the brothers of
the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at Western Carolina
University.
Prince Hall Masonic Information
Brief Summary - Unofficial information regarding Prince Hall
Masonry.
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
Brief Summary - This Sorority was founded on November 12, 1922
at Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana. There are over 72,000
members in over 400 chapters in the United States & Caribbean.
Single African American Fathers' Exchange
Brief Summary - A common sense approach to parenting oriented
towards the single African American father. This site provides
information, tips, articles and other information designed to enhance
the parenting experience for single African American men. Check it out!
Union of Black Episcopalians
Brief Summary - Encourages the involvement of Black people
in the total life of the Church. "One of the major reasons for the
existence of the Union is to institute and exert an all-out effort
to eradicate every vestige of racism within the Episcopal Church
and wherever else in our society it exists."
Woodburn Center For Cultural Studies
Brief Summary - "The Woodburn Center for Cultural Studies
officially opened on February 28, 1993 and featured Dr. Jacob
Carruthers as the Keynote Speaker." It's located in Cincinnati,
Ohio.
Xi Medical Fraternity
Brief Summary - Founded in 1995, the purpose of the
Xi Medical Fraternity is to promote ideals, ideas, and
identity amongst Black men in the medical community.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority - Psi Chapter
Brief Summary - This is the webpage for the Psi Chapter
of Zeta Phi Beta, Inc. The Psi Chapter was founded on the
campus of Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta Georgia.

Here is a list of white specific social programs:



Here is a list of Jewish professional athletes:



Here is a list of Middle Eastern punk bands:
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Jahiliyya
Senior Member
Posts: 648
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 pm

Postby Jahiliyya » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:50 am

WidowMaker wrote:No, racism is not dead. But it doesn't help when the races crying "discrimination" make concerted efforts to separate themselves from the rest of society.
-Wid


Truth.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

User avatar
Keyser Soze
The Devil
Posts: 1403
Joined: Jan 9th, 2005 at 12:37 am

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:50 am

Nad wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:What's funny is, that I'm pretty sure that most of the people that are posting are white Americans (unless I'm wrong), but you people have never experienced racism so you're not exposed to what we have to go thru.


Keyser, this is the problem with most of the minorities who cry racism every time someone calls them a name. What you do not seem to understand is that in America, man of the minority groups in the big city are whites. I'm not exactly sure, but here in New Orleans blacks outnumber whites almost 3 to 1, so i am the minority here and i know what its like walking down the street praying that I dont get jumped, robbed, beaten or arrested, just because i'm the white guy. You people need to understand that it is a 2 way street, before you claim that because we are white that we have no idea how bad racism is. Trust me, we know and experience it every day, which is probably part of the reason that we continue to be racists(some whites, certainly not all of them) Most of the time, when a white guy is racist, it comes down to name calling and occasionally someone steps over the line and it gets violent. On the flip side, every racist act i have EVER whitnessed by a black man, has been violent, as if he feels there is some payback due to the white man, because some ancestor he doesn't even know the name of was a slave over 120 years ago.

Try explaining that to the masses while you sob about the way you are treated because you're a minority.


I understand what you're saying, but it's turned out into a war now. See, here's the thing, your city is a majority of blacks, but the United States isn't, neither is the Government and no matter how much they say that the Government is not leaned for the white man, it is, more or less. Now I'm not saying it's impossible for a black man to make it out of a ghetto because he's black, yes, he has his own 2 feet and, in my opinion, should have no excuse in working harder. But, reality is that yes, there will be an advantage for a white man trying to make it out. I'm not saying it's like, a humungous advantage, but there is one, sometimes the difference is next to nothing, sometimes it's world's apart.

And Wid, I mean, I'm not trying to... like say anything offensive, but dude, honestly, what world do you live in? Whenever I see you post, you always seem to imply that whites have it harder than blacks? Yes, there are a lot of black people who are racist against whites, but it can not be compared. South Central LA was hell, white police men beating the living shit out of black men and the biggest publicity which was recieved was by Rodney King, which we all know and that trial went on for years? So obviously if a trial that is basically a 10 minutes trial, got stretched for years, so you don't think that the government is leaned towards whites?

See, I'm not saying what Jesse Jackson is saying, I personally despise Jesse Jackson, he's one of the main reasons racism is still alive. But I am saying that you can't deny the fact there is racism, and the racism of whites towards blacks, can't be compared to vice versa.

Watching it on TV and experiencing it are 2 very different things. You will never understand from a news report.

And South Central LA was only publicised in the early 90's, you don't think that it still happens on a day-to-day bases? You think the cameras went off and so did the racism and police brutality there?

And that was only one very small area of the US, there are plenty more areas like that in the US.

@Cat

"Self inflicted"? Lmao, so you're saying the black man wanted themselves to be segregated and treated at a lower level? Come on man, honestly....

Why do you think that so many black men say it's harder to make it in the world for them than for the white man, IT IS! They have experienced it, so they know. As I said, sometimes little, as in being given a stupid ticket, or sometimes large, as not being given a corporate job because of it.

It's not some made up story.
Image

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

User avatar
Kahuna Mas
Senior Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Feb 11th, 2004 at 9:57 am

Postby Kahuna Mas » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:53 am

Well since I am multicultural here's my opinion. Its bullshit to say racism exists and that white people will never understand. That statment alone is one of the fundamental reason there's so much dividing the cultures.

I personally am Hawaiian-Chinese (Dad) & English/Irish-German (mom). My great grandfather on my mom's side was in the KKK and my great grandfather on my Dad's side was killed by his own friends because they thought he was Japanese (WW2). I tend to get a unique perspective. Even my mom has said that I wouldn't be here if my grandfather would have been alive at the time my parents met.

Oh yeah, and like many of us in HF, we live in the goddamn south. We know racism and grew up with either on one side or the other. Some of us in the middle. Don't gimme the you don't know bullshit...

Racism does exist. However, thats also a HUGE crutch many people use as an excuse for not trying. I am sick and tired of seeing a minority person scream about how unfair it is in this country and how racisit white America is while at the same time quoting that Asians have the highest median income in the US.

At some point people have to own up to their own actions and decisions.

Maybe if we weren't so hellbent are complaining we might find out that we accomplish more working together.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 20th, 2005 at 10:58 am

But, reality is that yes, there will be an advantage for a white man trying to make it out. I'm not saying it's like, a humungous advantage, but there is one, sometimes the difference is next to nothing, sometimes it's world's apart.


What is this advantage? I hear it all the time, but I don't know where I go to sign up for it? Is there an afirmative action group working in predominantly black business? If there are any predominantly minority owned and operated businesses out there please let me know, I'd like the opportunity to get a job there based off of my self imposed cultural identity rather than my abilities.

"Self inflicted"? Lmao, so you're saying the black man wanted themselves to be segregated and treated at a lower level? Come on man, honestly....


I'm saying that some blacks choose to segregate themselves in society and expect to be treated at the same or a HIGHER level. Integration is key, and many minorities are missing the boat by not doing some give and take.

You need to use Colin Powel as your high water mark, and Al Sharpton as your low.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests