Katrina racism debunked

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Katrina racism debunked

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 16th, 2005 at 12:15 pm

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?P ... 1214b.html

"Statistics released by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals suggest that fewer than half of the victims of Hurricane Katrina were black, and that whites died at the highest rate of all races in New Orleans."

But, but..... Bush hates Black people!!!

owned.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 16th, 2005 at 12:23 pm

AGREED - that was a great statistic, not that I wanted anyone to die, but funny that the poor white folks died in higher % than the poor black folks. I'm sick of the Jesse Jackson, Lewis Farrakan horsepoop that is spoon fed and eated up by so many.
EatMoreLead aka EML

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Dec 16th, 2005 at 1:38 pm

obviously those numbers were made up to cover the true fact that over 95% of the people that died in new orleans were in fact black

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 16th, 2005 at 1:48 pm

I thought it was that the majority of people in america are white, so no matter what happens when something bad happens the majority of people effected are white? I haven't looked at the statistics lately but pretty sure poor white people still out number poor black people? Pure numbers, not percentages.
I really need to change this sig

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 16th, 2005 at 1:52 pm

Yes, in fact, the majority of people in poverty are white. The claim was that in NO, the majority of people dying were black, and that our racist government chose not to respond because they were poor, black people. Now we know that there were almost as many white deaths as black, and that the white people died at a higher rate than the blacks.

-Wid

-Game Designer

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 16th, 2005 at 2:46 pm

Wow, any attack against Bush makes you personally offended, doesn't it Wid?:roll:
I've been deleted!!

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:15 pm

Umm, how am I personally offended? If expoising the facts implies me to take any attack on Bush as a personal offense, then so be it, I guess.

I do take offense to people making wild accusations about such serious issues with reckless abandon andlittle to no real evidence to support such a claim. I am crazy like that.

-Wid

-Game Designer

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Dec 16th, 2005 at 7:50 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Umm, how am I personally offended? If expoising the facts implies me to take any attack on Bush as a personal offense, then so be it, I guess.

I do take offense to people making wild accusations about such serious issues with reckless abandon andlittle to no real evidence to support such a claim. I am crazy like that.

-Wid

Hey Kanye, Jesse, Al, and that woman who went to congress and said "we were forced into concentration camps and left to die". You just got PWNED!

canong|proval

Postby canong|proval » Dec 18th, 2005 at 4:52 pm

so it's not the color of your skin that matters; as long as you've got no green in your pocket, you're screwed?
Adonis - 60 Undead Priest - Tailor Enchanter - Cho'gall Server
Bevout - 60 Tauren Warrior - Miner Herbalist - Cho'gall Server
Hotsmchothot - 45 Undead Mage -Alchemist Engineer - Cho'gall Server

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » Dec 18th, 2005 at 5:31 pm

canong|proval wrote:so it's not the color of your skin that matters; as long as you've got no green in your pocket, you're screwed?

This is true in general.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Dec 18th, 2005 at 9:57 pm

actually, I know you bleeding heart liberals like to think that only the poor get killed in natural disasters, that somehow the middle class have enough money to BUY their safety, but again that is a false assumption that is not based on fact.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... -headlines
EatMoreLead aka EML

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:14 am

Uh oh! So if Katrina response wasn't biased against color, and wasn't biased against class, what was it biased against? Because we all know the evil gubment, lead by Dubya, had to be biased against something! I know! The slow response was due to Dubya's hatred for homosexuals! :roll:

/wishes for less sheeple

-Wid

-Game Designer

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:15 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Uh oh! So if Katrina response wasn't biased against color, and wasn't biased against class, what was it biased against? Because we all know the evil gubment, lead by Dubya, had to be biased against something! I know! The slow response was due to Dubya's hatred for homosexuals! :roll:

/wishes for less sheeple

-Wid

Perhaps the cause was stupidity? I hear it crosses all economic and racial lines.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:50 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Yes, in fact, the majority of people in poverty are white. The claim was that in NO, the majority of people dying were black, and that our racist government chose not to respond because they were poor, black people. Now we know that there were almost as many white deaths as black, and that the white people died at a higher rate than the blacks.

-Wid

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt th....... bullshit.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:53 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
WidowMaker wrote:Yes, in fact, the majority of people in poverty are white. The claim was that in NO, the majority of people dying were black, and that our racist government chose not to respond because they were poor, black people. Now we know that there were almost as many white deaths as black, and that the white people died at a higher rate than the blacks.

-Wid

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt th....... bullshit.

Are you calling bullshit on the "fact" that there are more poor white people than black?
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 19th, 2005 at 1:55 pm

Black households had the lowest median income in 2004 ($30,134) among race groups. Asian households had the highest median income ($57,518). The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $48,977. Median income for Hispanic households was $34,241.

In 2003, among people who reported a single race, the poverty rate for non-Hispanic whites was 8.2 percent, unchanged from 2002. Although non-Hispanic whites had a lower poverty rate than other racial groups, they accounted for 44 percent of the people in poverty.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www ... 05647.html

Dem aZns takin' ovA!

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:17 pm

So you call bullshit, then quote a statistic to prove the point?

-Wid

-Game Designer

Kahuna Mas

Postby Kahuna Mas » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:19 pm

Da WiDzOw iZ dA... bah forget it.

Keyzer you're a tool of your own ignorance.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 19th, 2005 at 3:37 pm

Kahuna Mas wrote:Da WiDzOw iZ dA... bah forget it.

Keyzer you're a tool of your own ignorance.

Today, I am just agreeing with everything that Kahuna posts.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Dec 19th, 2005 at 7:54 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Black households had the lowest median income in 2004 ($30,134) among race groups. Asian households had the highest median income ($57,518). The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $48,977. Median income for Hispanic households was $34,241.

In 2003, among people who reported a single race, the poverty rate for non-Hispanic whites was 8.2 percent, unchanged from 2002. Although non-Hispanic whites had a lower poverty rate than other racial groups, they accounted for 44 percent of the people in poverty.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www ... 05647.html

Dem aZns takin' ovA!

Non-Hispanic Whites. Also Known As, People who are White but not hispanic.

Now, slap yourself in the forehead and say DOh! and laugh.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 20th, 2005 at 1:17 am

WidowMaker wrote:So you call bullshit, then quote a statistic to prove the point?

-Wid

I said I highly doubt that, I didn't say you were wrong, yeah... I did say bullshit 'cause I didn't believe it, but then I pointed out it was true and was mentioning the asians. :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”