Some crazy shit

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 6th, 2005 at 2:53 am

Catalyst22 wrote:I think this is a sport. I think that its easy. I think that you are all homosexuals for debateing this...

homos.

I think you should leave the thinking to the smart people.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Dec 6th, 2005 at 3:44 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Catalyst22 wrote:I think this is a sport. I think that its easy. I think that you are all homosexuals for debateing this...

homos.

I agree keyser, you should too. ;)

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 4:06 am

Kahuna Mas wrote:
Benedict wrote:
Now... as for the first vid in particular, aside from the acrobatic shit(flips, flares, etc...) I could do everything they did. Guaranteed. :P

Just like I can go and play Pro Football because I can catch a ball and weigh 260 lbs.

Aside from the acrobatic stuff the guy is just breathing. The whole goddamn movie is acrobatic. Jumping from one story to another and one building to another is all acrobatic.

Meh, I don't consider jumping from one narrow ledge to another as acrobatic. Nor running on a narrow platform. I guess it technically is, but since it comes so easy to me, opposed to the rest of that stuff I am incapable of, I don't consider it acrobatic.
I mean... yeah, if you can do a forward handspring, followed by a full flip and land, that's acrobatic. But when you walk or run on a balance beam? It just doesn't seem like the same thing.
I love heights and I have a superb sense of balance. But I don't have the coordination in my whole body that is required to land a backwards somersault during an 8 foot drop, and take off sprinting.
I've been deleted!!

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:10 am

]
sohpriest wrote: I thought the videos were good. I've never even heard of free running. If I could do that crap I would show off. Don't make it into some spiritual thing. .

me and my roommate ran across this shit a few months ago and the guys who were doing it were doing it purely because to them it WAS a spiritual thing about overcoming obstacles and the way their bodies flowed....just my two cents.
ender will save us all

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Dec 6th, 2005 at 8:49 am

On a side note. If I filmed my self doing any of that it would be distributed as "Faces of Death".
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Dec 6th, 2005 at 9:54 am

On a side note. If I filmed my self doing any of that it would be distributed as "Faces of Death".

+1
I can't walk down a level hall without tripping
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:27 am

My head hits signs hanging from the ceiling in restaurants.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Kahuna Mas

Postby Kahuna Mas » Dec 6th, 2005 at 12:12 pm

Benedict wrote:
Kahuna Mas wrote:
Benedict wrote:
Now... as for the first vid in particular, aside from the acrobatic shit(flips, flares, etc...) I could do everything they did. Guaranteed. :P

Just like I can go and play Pro Football because I can catch a ball and weigh 260 lbs.

Aside from the acrobatic stuff the guy is just breathing. The whole goddamn movie is acrobatic. Jumping from one story to another and one building to another is all acrobatic.

Meh, I don't consider jumping from one narrow ledge to another as acrobatic. Nor running on a narrow platform. I guess it technically is, but since it comes so easy to me, opposed to the rest of that stuff I am incapable of, I don't consider it acrobatic.
I mean... yeah, if you can do a forward handspring, followed by a full flip and land, that's acrobatic. But when you walk or run on a balance beam? It just doesn't seem like the same thing.

Seriously, its ok to be impressed by these guys. We won't give you a hard time.

You've got balance and that's great, but I don't watch football saying "I can run forward just like that guy". Just like I'm not saying for this video "Wow how awesome it is that guy can walk on a ledge."

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 2:00 pm

Kahuna Mas wrote:
Benedict wrote:
Kahuna Mas wrote:
Benedict wrote:

Seriously, its ok to be impressed by these guys. We won't give you a hard time.

You've got balance and that's great, but I don't watch football saying "I can run forward just like that guy". Just like I'm not saying for this video "Wow how awesome it is that guy can walk on a ledge."

That was Pred's statement, actually... He was impressed that the guy could jump onto a ledge simply because it was on the top of a building. I was saying that I wasn't impressed by that. Diving through the hole in the wall that was hardly bigger than he was, that was impressive. Jumping on a ledge over a foot wide, is not.
pred wrote:dude, calling people show off noobs who jump on top of buildings edges... is fuckin idiotic. If you can do ANYTHING as near as extreme ill give u my respect, if not, just stfu and go away. Those kids made a movie and made it INSTERESTING to watch. I dont care how fuckin good others are, but u cant beat jumping about 10 feet away onto 10 story building's edge. Can't make it more extreme than that

I'm saying I can do just that.
I've been deleted!!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 6th, 2005 at 4:40 pm

Oreo wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

homos.

I agree keyser, you should too. ;)

This is true.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:00 pm

ben wrote:
pred wrote:dude, calling people show off noobs who jump on top of buildings edges... is fuckin idiotic. If you can do ANYTHING as near as extreme ill give u my respect, if not, just stfu and go away. Those kids made a movie and made it INSTERESTING to watch. I dont care how fuckin good others are, but u cant beat jumping about 10 feet away onto 10 story building's edge. Can't make it more extreme than that

Have you done it? or at least _around_ ten story buildin?
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 6th, 2005 at 5:18 pm

Best_predator wrote:
ben wrote:

I want Ben to do it.... DO IT!!!!!

/me hopes to see him on News @ 9.

LoL, you guys make a debate out of nothing, those were just some cool vids... that's about it.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 6:42 pm

Best_predator wrote:
ben wrote:

Have I? No, because there are no run-down 10 story buildings around here. If there were, I probably would, just to shut you up. :P
I've been deleted!!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 6th, 2005 at 8:09 pm

Ben... have you stood on top of very tall building to actually know how you would react to height?

I'll tell you right now, i'm afraid of height to an extent. Back in russia i lived in 9 story house like one they showed in the video(fully constructed of course) best i could do was hang my legs from the edge and just sit, i wouldn't be able to walk on the edge.

IF you havent even been up that high dude... you shouldn't even speak on the matter if you can or cannot do what they did... its called shit talk online.. weak.

here... something like this but the house was made out of thick red bricks, if that matters hah.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 9:44 pm

Ha. Yes, I have been on the edge of tall buildings. I guess you didn't understand me the first time when I said that I love heights. It's the same as being a foot off the ground, but with more wind and a better view.
I agree. Shit talk online is weak. So is trying to discredit someone's claims simply because you couldn't handle it.
I've been deleted!!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 6th, 2005 at 9:53 pm

Everything changes once you actually run to jump off the edge of the building, you will never know the feeling until you do it.

Servo

Postby Servo » Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:17 pm

Holly shit, eastern european ninjas are going to climb my soviet architecture and play on my jungle gym.
"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best."

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:38 pm

Servo wrote:Holly shit, eastern european ninjas are going to climb my soviet architecture and play on my jungle gym.

www.snopes.com

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Eastern European Ninja's are actually trained in Guam and invest heavily in pig farms. They seldom get involved with recreational activities including jungle gyms and sticking hard candy on a dowel.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 6th, 2005 at 11:24 pm

Benedict wrote:Ha. Yes, I have been on the edge of tall buildings. I guess you didn't understand me the first time when I said that I love heights. It's the same as being a foot off the ground, but with more wind and a better view.
I agree. Shit talk online is weak. So is trying to discredit someone's claims simply because you couldn't handle it.

I was tryin to find out why you are so confident about your ability. As far as im concerned granting yourself an ability to do it is shit talk without actually having done it. And it is that way with everythin else.

oh yea cat... "invest heavily into pig farms", wat are you talkin about?
Sneaky bastard...

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 11:25 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Everything changes once you actually run to jump off the edge of the building, you will never know the feeling until you do it.

Umm? Okay, Neo?

EDIT: Pred, that's fine. I've just seen a lot of people who hear someone's extreme hobbies, and just blow it off like it's all a joke, simply because they couldn't do the same. It's understandable. Most people are skeptical of that which they have not seen.
I've been deleted!!

MeMGhost

Postby MeMGhost » Dec 6th, 2005 at 11:36 pm

Holly shit, eastern european ninjas are going to climb my soviet architecture and play on my jungle gym.

And I finally realize why I sometimes go through these crazy threads. That was probably the funniest shit I've seen in months, it's not often I get to really laugh at comments :)

MeM

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 7th, 2005 at 2:06 am

Ben... you're missing the point. I'm skeptikal not because I didnt see it but because very little of people would actually do it. Theres about as much difference between being physically able to jump from standing onto edge of the building that is 2 meters away and to actually have done it, as theres about being physically able to to jump down 6 stories and live and to have actually jumped down and survive...
Sneaky bastard...

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 7th, 2005 at 2:40 am

I wasn't arguing with you that time...
I've been deleted!!

Return to “General Discussion”