Some crazy shit

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Some crazy shit

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 4th, 2005 at 1:25 am

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 4th, 2005 at 2:52 am

first, why would u search for key word "russian". Second, those guys are my fuckin heros now... video was awesome imo. Second video was pretty crazy but that was just acrobatics that many experienced capoeira fighters can do, especially on equiped floor...
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 4th, 2005 at 3:01 am

Best_predator wrote:first, why would u search for key word "russian". Second, those guys are my fuckin heros now... video was awesome imo. Second video was pretty crazy but that was just acrobatics that many experienced capoeira fighters can do, especially on equiped floor...

I didn't search it, I found that on the CAL forums and I was thinking the same thing, "What the hell were they searching for when they found this?" :D

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Dec 4th, 2005 at 10:21 am

For once, a cool post.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 4th, 2005 at 11:03 pm

every country has its fair share of parkour/free runners, and those guys (the first vid, only one i watched) are more show offish noobs.
I've been deleted!!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 4th, 2005 at 11:33 pm

why show offish? lol

also show me some videos i wanna see more of this shit. They were fuckin jumpin on the edge of 10 story buldings... insane shit..
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Dec 4th, 2005 at 11:56 pm

they took worst falls than that guy flying the kite. Good films keyser. Show me more.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Dec 5th, 2005 at 12:42 am

Not to bring up the sport arguement but people are trying to make this a sport by calling it extreme footing or Free running. There are some cool stuff but most of it is lame hand stands on ledges. I'll see if i can find the links later

EDIT: http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/fundamenta ... /index.htm
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:52 am

Never see free runner movies? this is years old material

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:07 am

dude, calling people show off noobs who jump on top of buildings edges... is fuckin idiotic. If you can do ANYTHING as near as extreme ill give u my respect, if not, just stfu and go away. Those kids made a movie and made it INSTERESTING to watch. I dont care how fuckin good others are, but u cant beat jumping about 10 feet away onto 10 story building's edge. Can't make it more extreme than that.
Sneaky bastard...

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:06 am

i don't care how "leet" they are, GOOD free running isn't about showing off.
I've been deleted!!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:12 am

b4nshee wrote:i don't care how "leet" they are, GOOD free running isn't about showing off.

... wow... which part ISNT showin off in free running... Do you free run? Cause you sure do talk like you know a lot about it...
Sneaky bastard...

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:22 am

b4nshee wrote:and those guys (the first vid, only one i watched) are more show offish noobs.

I didn't know you knew how to free run. Seriously, if you are talented at something, why not make a video and show it off? I'm sure other Free Runners would want to watch it.

It's the same reason I watch surf videos, keyser posts his CS videos, and people watch football. It's not showing off.

GOOD free running isn't about showing off.

So does that mean you're not going to post any videos of your free running?

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 5th, 2005 at 9:30 am

no, i don't free run, but i know enough about it to know that it's absolutely not about showing off at all. that is, unless your some kids who wanna do some stunts.

Life is made of obstacles and challenges - To overcome them is to progress.

If you become skilled at Parkour you gain something for the rest of life.

Understanding the philosophy of Parkour is to look further than just the simple movement or the performance of the movement. It could even be said to be a lesson of life for everyday!

But still you have to internalise the philosophy - An esssential element of learning Parkour.

that's a quote from someone who really IS into free running, not stunts and showing off...
I've been deleted!!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 10:18 am

im sure that _someone_ never showed his skill to anyone banshee...
Sneaky bastard...

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Dec 5th, 2005 at 11:31 am

Is this becomeing another it's not a sport thread. I thought the videos were good. I've never even heard of free running. All I could think though is it looked alot like Inline videos I've watched. If I could do that crap I would show off. Don't make it into some spiritual thing. You learn life lessons in most anything you do.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 12:12 pm

sohpriest wrote: I thought the videos were good. I've never even heard of free running. If I could do that crap I would show off. Don't make it into some spiritual thing. .

+1 O.o
Sneaky bastard...

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:23 pm

I watched both and... hmm... if you like those, check out some hardcore breakdance videos. Some of those breakin' motherfuckers do absolutely unreal shit compared to these vids. Not all, just some. If you're really interested, I think it's Battle of the Year '99 was the best one. If not '99, then it was 2000. I hardly remember anymore.

Now... as for the first vid in particular, aside from the acrobatic shit(flips, flares, etc...) I could do everything they did. Guaranteed. I'd just have to live in a shittier neighborhood, and bring a hardcore cameraman. I'll give credit where it's due, but I wasn't very impressed by mother russia's street punks.
On a related note, I think that first kid sold me some bunk x at a rave!
:P
I've been deleted!!

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:29 pm

well, first let me point out they are not russian, they are russian speaking latvian as far as i know. Second breakdance videos... ive seen em all, i did break dancing myself for sometime and its not nearly as extreme as what i saw in the video. I also have highest doubt that you would go anywhere near the high buildings especially jump on them like they did...
Sneaky bastard...

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:31 pm

I think this is a sport. I think that its easy. I think that you are all homosexuals for debateing this...

homos.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:32 pm

Catalyst22 wrote:I think this is a sport. I think that its easy. I think that you are all homosexuals for debateing this...

homos.

No one is debating if its a sport or not...
Sneaky bastard...

Kahuna Mas

Postby Kahuna Mas » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:33 pm

Benedict wrote:
Now... as for the first vid in particular, aside from the acrobatic shit(flips, flares, etc...) I could do everything they did. Guaranteed. :P

Just like I can go and play Pro Football because I can catch a ball and weigh 260 lbs.

Aside from the acrobatic stuff the guy is just breathing. The whole goddamn movie is acrobatic. Jumping from one story to another and one building to another is all acrobatic.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:For once, a cool post.

Actually, I think this is for twice. He's also doing a good job of spacing them out.

Good find Keyser. Really cool stuff.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Dec 5th, 2005 at 4:44 pm

Kahuna Mas wrote:Aside from the acrobatic stuff the guy is just breathing. The whole goddamn movie is acrobatic. Jumping from one story to another and one building to another is all acrobatic.

guaranteed.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 6th, 2005 at 1:47 am

Best_predator wrote:
sohpriest wrote: I thought the videos were good. I've never even heard of free running. If I could do that crap I would show off. Don't make it into some spiritual thing. .

+1 O.o

i have no problem with people showing off, or doing stunts, i just don't like it confused with REAL free running. there's a lot more meaning to it for those people than just stunts and showing off.
I've been deleted!!

Return to “General Discussion”