Yankee or Rebel?

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Yankee or Rebel?

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 17th, 2005 at 12:58 pm

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

43% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Deleted User
*poof*
Posts: 7507
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006 at 3:41 am

Postby Deleted User » Nov 17th, 2005 at 1:09 pm

66% (Dixie). Just under the Mason-Dixon Line

Go figure.
I've been deleted!!

User avatar
pyrox420
Elite Member
Posts: 1147
Joined: Nov 4th, 2004 at 5:42 pm

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 17th, 2005 at 1:51 pm

24% (Yankee). You are a Yankee Doodle Dandy.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

User avatar
sohpriest
Senior Member
Posts: 718
Joined: Oct 15th, 2005 at 8:26 pm

Postby sohpriest » Nov 17th, 2005 at 1:57 pm

80% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

User avatar
Suck.
Benefactor
Posts: 3146
Joined: Nov 13th, 2004 at 8:36 pm

Postby Suck. » Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:07 pm

57% (Dixie). Right on the Mason-Dixon Line

Interesting - Grew up about 1/4 mile from the state line in Missouri. Lived in both Missouri and Kansas in high school. Live in Kansas now. On the other hand, I did live in Atlanta for my first two years of college.


-Grant.

User avatar
XrayDuke
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Oct 6th, 2005 at 3:58 pm

Postby XrayDuke » Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:15 pm

75% Dixie...Guess 25 years in Tennessee has rubbed off on me
"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:33 pm

I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life. It seems that people in the Tulsa city limits have very little to no accents and those just outside city limits are almost impossible to understand unless you have lived here for a few years.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:49 pm

22% (Yankee) Grew up in Michigan and New Jersey.

User avatar
LeoPawnz
seiko pawn
Posts: 680
Joined: Feb 7th, 2005 at 10:03 pm

Postby LeoPawnz » Nov 17th, 2005 at 3:00 pm

55% (Dixie). Right on the Mason-Dixon Line

O RLY?
not your average pawn...
Image

WoW - Sour - 60 Undead Warrior - Hellscream (rest in peace)
BFBC2 - AndoRando (level 50 F2000 specialist)
OH HECKYNAW!!!

User avatar
Phoenix
Elite Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Nov 24th, 2004 at 3:13 pm

Postby Phoenix » Nov 17th, 2005 at 3:04 pm

65% (Dixie). Just under the Mason-Dixon Line
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 17th, 2005 at 3:09 pm

i can't wait until this quiz fad starts to fade away ...

User avatar
sohpriest
Senior Member
Posts: 718
Joined: Oct 15th, 2005 at 8:26 pm

Postby sohpriest » Nov 17th, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Catalyst22 wrote:I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life. It seems that people in the Tulsa city limits have very little to no accents and those just outside city limits are almost impossible to understand unless you have lived here for a few years.

I can remeber in high school some group was pushing to have Tulsa and the northeast corner of the state become part of missouri or kansas for that reason. They didn't feel like they fit the rest of oklahoma.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Nov 17th, 2005 at 3:20 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:i can't wait until this quiz fad starts to fade away ...


True...

BTW I scored

"100%(Russian). You are pure Russian, be proud. "

sweeeet

:P
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Cud
Senior Member
Posts: 235
Joined: May 25th, 2005 at 2:20 pm

Postby Cud » Nov 17th, 2005 at 4:00 pm

78% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!
Image

User avatar
Burzum
Benefactor
Posts: 4291
Joined: Oct 21st, 2004 at 1:05 pm

Postby Burzum » Nov 17th, 2005 at 4:06 pm

43% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category.

Almost all my answers were great lakes area. I live in Indiana :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 17th, 2005 at 4:25 pm

sohpriest wrote:
Catalyst22 wrote:I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life. It seems that people in the Tulsa city limits have very little to no accents and those just outside city limits are almost impossible to understand unless you have lived here for a few years.

I can remeber in high school some group was pushing to have Tulsa and the northeast corner of the state become part of missouri or kansas for that reason. They didn't feel like they fit the rest of oklahoma.


Tulsa is about as seperate from the rest of the state as you can get. Thats prob why OKC doesn't share any tax dollars with us. People that only see OKC and not Tulsa don't really know anything about Oklahoma. If you have to live here, Tulsa is the only place to live in.

i can't wait until this quiz fad starts to fade away ...


True... We need to get back to insulting each other and get away from interesting topics that are devoid of spite.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
b0ba
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:17 am

Postby b0ba » Nov 17th, 2005 at 4:41 pm

36% yankee...boston for life

User avatar
sohpriest
Senior Member
Posts: 718
Joined: Oct 15th, 2005 at 8:26 pm

Postby sohpriest » Nov 17th, 2005 at 5:05 pm

"Tulsa is about as seperate from the rest of the state as you can get. Thats prob why OKC doesn't share any tax dollars with us. People that only see OKC and not Tulsa don't really know anything about Oklahoma. If you have to live here, Tulsa is the only place to live in.


You couldn't be more true. Tulsa is not the south
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

User avatar
KillerClown
Senior Member
Posts: 759
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 8:39 pm

Postby KillerClown » Nov 17th, 2005 at 5:12 pm

73% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!
up to
100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your grandfather?

some of the terms I vary on :P
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

User avatar
rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 11:38 pm

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 17th, 2005 at 5:55 pm

this is 100% bullshit.

User avatar
Jeng
Elite Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Nov 16th, 2005 at 6:16 pm

Postby Jeng » Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:47 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:this is 100% bullshit.


Gotta agree, not just because these quiz's are annoying wastes of time which makes me wonder why I'm doing this and not playing, but they're just plain wrong, at least this one. I have lived all over northern united states (was born in canada) and I have heard alot of different ways of things being called and said, but that test was wrong on most all of them.

44% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category.

User avatar
Jeng
Elite Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Nov 16th, 2005 at 6:16 pm

Postby Jeng » Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:58 pm

Alright, my GF just took that test, she is a Vermonster who was born in New York City and she got a 46! Then again she is of the maverick clan /shrug.

User avatar
Catalyst22
Elite Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:21 pm

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 17th, 2005 at 8:58 pm

I really don't think this test is a "serious test" of vernacular. Its just a test for fun. They took some common pronunciations from different regions and told you if they fit your geographic area.

I find it interesting. The one question they didn't ask that determines what part of the US you are from is "Do you say Hillarious or do you say Comical".
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » Nov 17th, 2005 at 9:02 pm

Or the proper pronunciation of Coupon. We all know that it is (koo pon) and not (kyu pon).

User avatar
Suck.
Benefactor
Posts: 3146
Joined: Nov 13th, 2004 at 8:36 pm

Postby Suck. » Nov 18th, 2005 at 12:34 am

    How 'bout:
  • "whoever" vs. "everwho"
  • "several" vs. "couplethree"
  • Do you pronounce "antenna" as "an·ten·na" or "an·tan·na"
  • lights on top of a traditional police squad car are: "light bars", "dome lights", or "bubble gum tops"
    :roll:

Yeah... my dad is from the bootheel in southeast Missouri. People down there speak a whole different language.


-Grant.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests