What would you like to see at HF Lan #6

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

SaGe^KS

What would you like to see at HF Lan #6

Postby SaGe^KS » Jun 16th, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Besides the obvious CS:S tournament

what other tournaments would you like to see

post em here

Serious inquiries only please..
SaGe^KS

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jun 16th, 2005 at 3:33 pm

BF2 five on five tourney. (10-12 on team will make forming teams hard as poop)

CSS two-two contest

K2 wrestling

Karaokee
EatMoreLead aka EML

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jun 16th, 2005 at 4:03 pm

Karaokee

I would love to sing..

Once.. twice.. three time a --

K.. bad idea.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jun 16th, 2005 at 4:05 pm

i would win karaoke tournie fo sho =D im a vocalist, and lead singer of a band =O
I've been deleted!!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jun 16th, 2005 at 4:13 pm

Tournaments... i'm gonna be busy enough with the css tourney. I'm assuming you're gonna head up any other tourneys? :D

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Jun 16th, 2005 at 4:16 pm

Mad amounts of Samurai Legends pwnage of course! :)

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Jun 16th, 2005 at 11:44 pm

It what i wanted to talk to you about earlier in IRC K2 ... msg in IRC when you get home
SaGe^KS

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jun 17th, 2005 at 12:51 am

no doors are too heavy to carry back, plus most gamers prefer video cards, memory, rat padz, etc.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Tang

Postby Tang » Jun 17th, 2005 at 3:57 am

I'd like to see sX in a poncho, sitting on a mule handing out flavored coffee beans, k2 in nothing but his commando boots and his army helmet, and the few females that are attending having a naked twister marathon... :shock: Actually, if I bring my monitor/tv then im thinking about bringing my xbox, and hopefully a copy of the new conker: live and reloaded game to check out, so if any1 else plans on bringing their console, or consoles, lemme know.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Jun 17th, 2005 at 9:17 am

Serious inquires only please... i will edit posts from here on out
SaGe^KS

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Jun 17th, 2005 at 9:50 am

EatMoreLead wrote:BF2 five on five tourney. (10-12 on team will make forming teams hard as poop)

CSS two-two contest

K2 wrestling

Karaokee

bf2 tourney would be tight...but when you play 5v5 bf it just turns into flag tag...it's just too big a game for that amt of people...with 100 people there, you could easily form 5 teams of 10, 8 at the very least

sidenote: anybody wanna bring me from arlington?
ender will save us all

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Jun 17th, 2005 at 10:23 am

Tang - the LAn center has tons of consoles and TVs, leave yours at home, just bring the actual games. BTW, Can you be ready to leave for LAN at 9:30am? K2 needs me to meet him with servers at 10am. You'll be helping setup the equipment if that's cool.

Ender - I can pick you up EARLY Friday, on the way to get Tang, but it would be a 9:00am pickup, and you have to help setup for a couple hours. Doc, Mav and a couple others live in Arlington though if you'd rather wait til later on Friday.

Sage - people are being people, don't get bent out of shape, there are some great ideas among the silly posts. You invited it with the "Serious inquiries only please.. ".
EatMoreLead aka EML

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Jun 17th, 2005 at 12:25 pm

ender*(gayless) wrote:
EatMoreLead wrote:BF2 five on five tourney. (10-12 on team will make forming teams hard as poop)

CSS two-two contest

K2 wrestling

Karaokee

bf2 tourney would be tight...but when you play 5v5 bf it just turns into flag tag...it's just too big a game for that amt of people...with 100 people there, you could easily form 5 teams of 10, 8 at the very least

sidenote: anybody wanna bring me from arlington?

12v12 would be best, cause then you can have either 2 sets of 5 per squad a comm and a sniper for defense, or you can run 2 squads of 6, and the maps wont be too big, but getting the chemistry on lan to get that to work would be hard. Granted me and some of the regulars from the server would prob kick your asses =D b4nshee next time u and germany join my team =D stackz
I've been deleted!!

Tang

Postby Tang » Jun 17th, 2005 at 2:52 pm

I myself would like to see some kind've fighting game tourney, on xbox or ps2, soul calibur 2 was and is a badass game, it's always fun to talk a little smack while you're kicking some1's ass in a good fighting game... :wink:

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jun 17th, 2005 at 6:58 pm

SaGe^KS wrote:Serious inquires only please... i will edit posts from here on out

Wow lmao, gg on "editing posts".

From now on Sage & Nad will be known as Col. Klink & Sgt. Schultz.

I am pretty sure K2 would agree that deleting posts at your own whim for no good reason is plain vanilla gay.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

spudboy

Postby spudboy » Jun 17th, 2005 at 9:59 pm

Wow lmao, gg on "editing posts".

From now on Sage & Nad will be known as Col. Klink & Sgt. Schultz.

I am pretty sure K2 would agree that deleting posts at your own whim for no good reason is plain vanilla gay.

ROFL. Fully agreed. Go get a hooker or something Sage for christsakes. I would only worry about a CS tourney. BF2 is too new for full teams, imho, but you could definitely get some XBox action going easily because it's 1 vs. 1.

But I can't come and don't care, so I'll STFU riiiiiiighhhhhhhttttttt..........now.
"Don't shit in my mouth and call it a Sundae..."

Nad

Postby Nad » Jun 17th, 2005 at 11:16 pm

wait a minute, i think spud is on to something.

So spud, where might you suggest one find this "hooker" you speak of?
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Jun 20th, 2005 at 10:32 am

I did ask nicely for serious inquiries :(

Anywoo...

Based on what i see from the post there isnt anything with overwhelming majority to hold a contest for. :?

Talked with K2 briefly and he said he wouldl have his hands full with the CS:S tourney alone, which i'll be helping with as much as i can. But for those who get eliminated early from the CS:S tourney (which is usually double elimintaion under K2 format), just come to me with some suggestions and I'll get something started. It can be a console game, PC game, poker... you name it.
SaGe^KS

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jun 20th, 2005 at 12:34 pm

nfct wrote:i would win karaoke tournie fo sho =D im a vocalist, and lead singer of a band =O

Join the club :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Jun 20th, 2005 at 2:07 pm

I'd like to see some console gaming etc....

Maybe some racing games, and definitely a poker tourney. We can set taht up as a regular poker event.

40 dollar buy in, 20 dollar rebuy, 20 dollar add-in. Something like that, with blinds going up every 20 minutes. Does anyone have Chips to bring for something like this?

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jun 20th, 2005 at 2:51 pm

Mav has chips.

However, 40 dollar buy-in is a bit much considering i'm barely going to have enough money to get there and back. Would love to play, but I'll have to sit this one out.

I'll supply the cards if yall want. I have some plastic Copags here. Unless yall already have that covered.

Lemme know.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

hungerfan

Postby hungerfan » Jun 20th, 2005 at 3:06 pm

rebuy tournies suck ass.

I say just have a money game going...that would be fun.

Ed

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Jun 20th, 2005 at 3:31 pm

Aww come on. Rebuy games are good because it allows a bunch of people to play longer, and makes it more enjoyable for all. This is just a suggestion. We can cut that number in half. Make it twenty dollar buy in, 20 dollar rebuy, and 10 dollar add in.

Makes it 50 bucks total and with 20 peeps playing and a 20 percent return to K2 for donation, that leaves prizes in the range of 300 to winner, 175 second 100 third, 75 4th 50 to 5th. Not too bad with 200 bucks or so going to K2 as kicked in donation for hosting.

Granted this is just a suggestion, and one of many different options.

hungerfan

Postby hungerfan » Jun 20th, 2005 at 3:36 pm

Did you see how crazy folks got this year in the rebuy tournies at the WSOP? I think one of them was $1000 and some of those guys bought in for around 20 times! Why? Because they would play crap hoping to catch. I don't like rebuy tournies because people with the most money will usually win unless they are just unlucky bastards. If they don't get lucky then those that do go heads up with them during their all in gheyfest will usually come out on top.

Ed

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Jun 20th, 2005 at 4:22 pm

AWWWW, I get ya. No we play one rebuy only. Ya rebuy tourneys can lead to trouble without limits.

Typically we play for one hour. You are allowed one rebuy during the first hour. If you your money in the first hour, your done. You cannot take part in the add in during the second hour. Only at the one hour break can you add-in, and its a take it or leave it deal. At that point, no further re-buys are allowed. This makes it fair for all, and the max you will spend it 50 bucks. So it wont matter how big your bank account is. Its almost like a straight money game with a slight incentive to play with the re-buys.

Return to “General Discussion”