Search found 66 matches

by sgarissta
Dec 11th, 2006 at 4:31 pm
Forum: Web Server
Topic: Webpage update
Replies: 10
Views: 2694

In order to see the forum without having a scroll bar at the bottom I would normally open up the forum in a separate tab, getting rid of the side pane. Running at 1024x768, what resolution would be needed to see the whole web page without having a scroll bar? And is there anything to be done to hav...
by sgarissta
Nov 16th, 2006 at 3:48 pm
Forum: win32/64
Topic: Microsoft Vista and Office 2007 *early*
Replies: 26
Views: 5638

So I don't get DX 10 without paying $200!!!! I hope everyone at Mircosoft burns in hell for this shit. Without paying $350 more likely, because who wants an upgrade copy? The way XP upgrades worked was you got a non-bootable disk, that would only load from a previously installed copy of windows, th...
by sgarissta
Nov 15th, 2006 at 3:28 pm
Forum: win32/64
Topic: Microsoft Vista and Office 2007 *early*
Replies: 26
Views: 5638

These are estimated prices (full/upgrade): Thanks K2. As our newly assumed Microsoft Product Peddler how about posting a capabilities breakdown across the different versions. Thanks. Windows Vista Ultimate $349/$199 XP + Security Enhancements + DX10 + Aero + Media Center + DRM Windows Vista Busines...
by sgarissta
Nov 7th, 2006 at 9:55 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Married!!
Replies: 28
Views: 4827

Congrats!
by sgarissta
Oct 19th, 2006 at 3:06 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: interesting article // min wage increase
Replies: 74
Views: 10041

There are other majors out there than PT. Sorry, but again, saying "I can't do it" because the major of your choice doesn't work out with your schedule or needs isn't an excuse. There are plenty of viable majors that will net you a good job upon graduation that still allow you to work a p...
by sgarissta
Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:43 pm
Forum: RTS/Strategy Games
Topic: Warcraft 3: Frozen Thrown
Replies: 6
Views: 3527

Re: Warcraft 3: Frozen Thrown

Keyser Soze wrote:Who plays it?


I still play fairly often.
by sgarissta
Oct 15th, 2006 at 9:47 pm
Forum: FPS/Action Games
Topic: The declining state of Counter-Strike
Replies: 12
Views: 3476

Until someone can come up with "the game" where the play mechanics, physics, etc, rarely change in major ways, we'll always see people moving from game to game. Chess? :lol: Great example...hundreds of years, and we still play the same game, and yet it's still competitive, and still being...
by sgarissta
Oct 13th, 2006 at 10:43 am
Forum: FPS/Action Games
Topic: The declining state of Counter-Strike
Replies: 12
Views: 3476

I just read stuff like that and laugh. Pro video gaming did not start with CS, nor will it end with CS. Yes, CS has been probably the most competitive PC based FPS, but hell in Korea they're still playing hardcore professional starcraft. There have, and continue to be, large scale arcade style fight...
by sgarissta
Oct 12th, 2006 at 10:22 am
Forum: Web Server
Topic: Avatars
Replies: 10
Views: 4717

K2 wrote:Added a few Team Fortress 2 avatars the other day. One of you already noticed and is using one ;)


Shhhh....don't give away my secrets!
by sgarissta
Oct 11th, 2006 at 5:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: More Guns, Less Crime
Replies: 24
Views: 3667

It's not the "give everyone a gun" stance. It's the stance that law abiding citizens with the ability to defend themselves are a more difficult target for the bad guys. Go ask England about gun laws and violent crime, you might be surprised. The murder rate in New York City has been more ...
by sgarissta
Oct 11th, 2006 at 10:45 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: More Guns, Less Crime
Replies: 24
Views: 3667

Burzum wrote:It's not the "give everyone a gun" stance. It's the stance that law abiding citizens with the ability to defend themselves are a more difficult target for the bad guys.


Go ask England about gun laws and violent crime, you might be surprised.
by sgarissta
Oct 11th, 2006 at 10:42 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Well I am offcially sick of this crap.
Replies: 35
Views: 4340

Relic wrote:Holy crap! All this intellect wasted on such a pointless thread.



-Relic


Isn't this a valid post in ANY HF thread? ;) Especially the ones that I post in ...
by sgarissta
Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:39 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Jahi Jr. Makes her debut
Replies: 13
Views: 2044

Nice hat.
by sgarissta
Oct 6th, 2006 at 9:56 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

Benedict wrote:During the Revolutionary War, the British tried to fight traditionally, and we were the terrorists. Who won?


While I agree, our victory in the Revolutionary War had as much to do with an over extended British military as it did our guerrilla tactics.
by sgarissta
Oct 3rd, 2006 at 1:59 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Should we be doing this on the clock?
Replies: 3
Views: 1079

I have to agree with you there. We didn't hire him to get other people elected, like you said. But I don't think there is much we can do about it. Either party would be doing so if they had someone in office. The hard part is deciding when he's off the clock and when he's not. I think most American...
by sgarissta
Oct 3rd, 2006 at 9:50 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: EML's Hairdo
Replies: 13
Views: 2601

G$ wrote:
Cud wrote:not really a hairdo... more lack of hair.


So it's a hairdon't?

G


Wow, when did you first hear that joke, the Civil War? Were you in the north or south back then? ;)
by sgarissta
Sep 29th, 2006 at 4:03 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

A refresher from History 101: Revloutionary war: fought to protect the innocents suffering from tyrany. more specifically taxation without representation Calling all the origanal settlers "innocents" is a stretch and you know it. And it was such obviously terrible tyranny that the British...
by sgarissta
Sep 29th, 2006 at 2:46 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: EML's Hairdo
Replies: 13
Views: 2601

Where's the "isn't that boomhauer?" option?
by sgarissta
Sep 29th, 2006 at 1:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

Jeng wrote:Half ya'll ain't even responding to each other. Your responding to news reports and straw man arguments heard on talk radio.

Miracl3, your an idiot, stfu.

EML, I have no idea how your being so mis-understood, I think you laid it out pretty basic.

qft
by sgarissta
Sep 29th, 2006 at 1:53 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

Be careful of becoming the monster you are trying to slay - if we indefinitely suspend our laws and trample our civil rights just to fight terrorism, then terorism has already won. What makes us the "good guys" anyway? Because we have more money? Because we have better military? Or is it ...
by sgarissta
Sep 29th, 2006 at 9:29 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

attacking the grammar of a statement is so weak-sauce. unless it's from keyser... When it's so bad it hinders the argument, yes, I'll feel free to correct it, thanks. jay made the first statement of merit i've seen on this whole thread...just because terror doesn't want to play by any sort of rules...
by sgarissta
Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:45 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

no the death penalty came from CNN news the other night about all these people crying about how it took a guy 11 minutes to die and he was gurgling his own saliva. But yes may be poorly spelled but they dont deserve rights. just because we declared war on them doesnt necessarily mean that GC rules ...
by sgarissta
Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:02 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

The letter had no point. Personally, detaining people without trial is bullshit. If they're guilty of anything why not charge them? Then they'll be found guilty and thrown in a jail to rot away. Case closed, no debate. Also, this letter is obviously fake. We all know George Bush can't put together ...
by sgarissta
Sep 28th, 2006 at 3:25 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The LARK Program
Replies: 69
Views: 9312

Due process is what we were doing before 9/11. And...? We throw away two hundred years of law and society because of a terrorist act? It's a sticky subject that has to have a middle ground. Yes due process is the appriopriate course of action, but the issue is that in this game of terror, we are th...
by sgarissta
Sep 28th, 2006 at 3:19 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Bring out the Ban Police
Replies: 11
Views: 1696

Re: Bring out the Ban Police

Seat belt laws exist, because if someone injures or kills themselves in a crash, they and/or their family become a burden on the state, early draw of social security etc. I never looked at it that way. actually, seatbelt laws exist because of a powerful insurance lobby. Well that's always another a...

Go to advanced search